Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:35 pm
Shadow - Dragon

Ah, thanks for pointing that out :0 I think there may be a few things like that, but we're sort of editing them as we come across them. I'll try and go edit the HP now ^^ Thank you for mentioning that!

Lia Syuki
Two-part question here, both concerning Fly so I can get it figured out ahead of time. Because better to ask when it can be answered at a leisurely pace than to try and scramble to get it figured out at the last moment.

Anyway, part one: If a character were to obtain a Pokemon with Fly before acquiring the badge bestowing the HM (either through a trade with another guild member, a Balm Mushroom, or an adequately-leveled Rayquaza since that sucker can learn Fly through level-up) would the character in question be able to access Fly for travel from the get-go or would that character still have to get the badge that would grant them the HM?

Part two: If the Pokemon that knows Fly is not one that would be able to adequately transport their trainer (such as the infamous Pidgey knowing Fly) but there exists another plausible means of transport readily available (such as a character or enemy NPC having a Pokemon with or capable of having known Teleport at hand), would the character then be able to access the benefits of the move (moving to a different location)?

...I apologize here for how convoluted those questions might sound... :c

The reason for the badges is actually the same for the games, so a trainer can't use Fly outside of battle until they have the necessary badges. We just give the HM out at the same time because we don't have all the same detail features for obtaining Fly as the game does ^^

I'm not entirely sure I understand part two, though... For pokemon that can't normally learn Fly (for example, Jay's Dewott having just learned Fly through a Balm Mushroom), they can't be used to transport or anything. But if you're just referring to pokemon that can canonly learn the move, but that isn't really... explained or makes sense logically (due to size, like in the Pidgey example), well... I'm not entirely sure. Canonly you're supposed to be able to still fly, so I assume that means the pokemon is given the strength through the move to lift even a trainer despite the size, but I assume you're asking, because of how odd a sort of predicament that causes, if you can use the access of Fly to transport by other means, then I might have to ask the mods. I can say for sure that you would have to have a pokemon that can canonly/logically learn Fly on your trainer, but whether you can use their presence to transport through other means such as teleport or NPC's, I'm not 100% on.

So I'll confer with the other mods on that, but I also want to make sure I'm understanding correctly so I don't accidentally ask them the wrong question :0  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:56 pm
Loonamist
Lia Syuki
Two-part question here, both concerning Fly so I can get it figured out ahead of time. Because better to ask when it can be answered at a leisurely pace than to try and scramble to get it figured out at the last moment.

Anyway, part one: If a character were to obtain a Pokemon with Fly before acquiring the badge bestowing the HM (either through a trade with another guild member, a Balm Mushroom, or an adequately-leveled Rayquaza since that sucker can learn Fly through level-up) would the character in question be able to access Fly for travel from the get-go or would that character still have to get the badge that would grant them the HM?

Part two: If the Pokemon that knows Fly is not one that would be able to adequately transport their trainer (such as the infamous Pidgey knowing Fly) but there exists another plausible means of transport readily available (such as a character or enemy NPC having a Pokemon with or capable of having known Teleport at hand), would the character then be able to access the benefits of the move (moving to a different location)?

...I apologize here for how convoluted those questions might sound... :c

The reason for the badges is actually the same for the games, so a trainer can't use Fly outside of battle until they have the necessary badges. We just give the HM out at the same time because we don't have all the same detail features for obtaining Fly as the game does ^^

I'm not entirely sure I understand part two, though... For pokemon that can't normally learn Fly (for example, Jay's Dewott having just learned Fly through a Balm Mushroom), they can't be used to transport or anything. But if you're just referring to pokemon that can canonly learn the move, but that isn't really... explained or makes sense logically (due to size, like in the Pidgey example), well... I'm not entirely sure. Canonly you're supposed to be able to still fly, so I assume that means the pokemon is given the strength through the move to lift even a trainer despite the size, but I assume you're asking, because of how odd a sort of predicament that causes, if you can use the access of Fly to transport by other means, then I might have to ask the mods. I can say for sure that you would have to have a pokemon that can canonly/logically learn Fly on your trainer, but whether you can use their presence to transport through other means such as teleport or NPC's, I'm not 100% on.

So I'll confer with the other mods on that, but I also want to make sure I'm understanding correctly so I don't accidentally ask them the wrong question :0
Ah, bummer on the first part, but oh well. Just means I'll have to work hard at getting my characters their badges, considering the one that grants the use of Fly is pretty late if you don't have a Kanto starter. XD

And I'm referring to Pokemon that could learn Fly but, from the logical standpoint, are "too small" to justify carrying a (mostly) full-grown person. Pokemon like Murkrow, Pidgey, Spearow, Chatot... Doduo's a special case given the state of its "wings" and all. Able to use the move in battle, sure, but I don't think I could BS a good enough reason to justify a Pidgey carrying any of my trainers and all the gear they carry even with Fly. XD So yes, asking about using the access to the move Fly - and still having a Pokemon in the party that can learn Fly normally and actually knows the move but is just too small/light/weak to justify seeing it used in more than battles - and instead explaining the transport from location to another through some other means that does make a bit more sense in terms of realism. ^ _ ^ ;;; ...Although the explanation probably makes it sound more convoluted than it is. XD  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:31 pm
Lia Syuki
Ah, bummer on the first part, but oh well. Just means I'll have to work hard at getting my characters their badges, considering the one that grants the use of Fly is pretty late if you don't have a Kanto starter. XD

And I'm referring to Pokemon that could learn Fly but, from the logical standpoint, are "too small" to justify carrying a (mostly) full-grown person. Pokemon like Murkrow, Pidgey, Spearow, Chatot... Doduo's a special case given the state of its "wings" and all. Able to use the move in battle, sure, but I don't think I could BS a good enough reason to justify a Pidgey carrying any of my trainers and all the gear they carry even with Fly. XD So yes, asking about using the access to the move Fly - and still having a Pokemon in the party that can learn Fly normally and actually knows the move but is just too small/light/weak to justify seeing it used in more than battles - and instead explaining the transport from location to another through some other means that does make a bit more sense in terms of realism. ^ _ ^ ;;; ...Although the explanation probably makes it sound more convoluted than it is. XD

Hehe, nah it's alright, I understand! x3 And yes, I think that's fine : ) So long as you have the appropriate badge for it, and have a pokemon with Fly with the trainer, active or inactive party, you can have them travel automatically through other means, since you're not gaining or losing anything compared to others by doing so ^^ So you can have NPC's teleport or transport them if you want.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:01 pm
Loonamist
Lia Syuki

So I don't know what Pokemon you have but before Noivern evolved I had Noibat who was too small to 'carry' Simon so Dusknoir would come out and help creating a psychic orb to carry Simon while Noibat 'flew'  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:04 pm
Loonamist
Hehe, nah it's alright, I understand! x3 And yes, I think that's fine : ) So long as you have the appropriate badge for it, and have a pokemon with Fly with the trainer, active or inactive party, you can have them travel automatically through other means, since you're not gaining or losing anything compared to others by doing so ^^ So you can have NPC's teleport or transport them if you want.
M'kay. I'll keep that in mind for when I get further in the badge-collecting for my characters, then. ^ _ ^

Shadow - Dragon
Lia Syuki
So I don't know what Pokemon you have but before Noivern evolved I had Noibat who was too small to 'carry' Simon so Dusknoir would come out and help creating a psychic orb to carry Simon while Noibat 'flew'
That could work too if I get something that is powerful enough in the psychic or ghost category once I get the badges to let me use the HM. ^ _ ^ Which seems to be very likely for the character that needed the answer to that question most, given he already has a pair of Ralts. So thank you for the suggestion. c:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 pm
Loonamist

Do we have to battle in order? Yes the later ones will be stronger but could we, Lia in this case, travel to ____ gym, win the HM then use Fly?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:54 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

Do we have to battle in order? Yes the later ones will be stronger but could we, Lia in this case, travel to ____ gym, win the HM then use Fly?

o.o Yes, you have to battle the gym leaders in order, like the games  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:10 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

You've never skipped Lt. Surge or Misty in Red and Blue?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:24 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

No o.o I didn't know you could do that. But I'm fairly sure in all other games, and probably in that one, you're supposed to battle them in order. It also makes it much easier to keep track of things, and not have to worry about people forgetting to note in their posts that they got badges, keeping track of numbers of badges for achievements, etc etc  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:26 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

No o.o I didn't know you could do that. But I'm fairly sure in all other games, and probably in that one, you're supposed to battle them in order. It also makes it much easier to keep track of things, and not have to worry about people forgetting to note in their posts that they got badges, keeping track of numbers of badges for achievements, etc etc

I know I skipped Surge before, you need to have traded for a Pokemon that already knows cut, then you can skip the SS Anne until later  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:29 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

I know I skipped Surge before, you need to have traded for a Pokemon that already knows cut, then you can skip the SS Anne until later

Ah, huh, didn't now that :0  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:36 pm
Loonamist

Yeah had Cut, Surf and Strength early in order to try to move the truck and get Mew but it didn't work so I doubled back to do Surge and SS Anne.

I wanted to note two things, I've been having NPCs use Mega Evolutions without thinking about it. I give them the 1.3 dam boost as well so it's not unfair, should I stop doing that?

Second, I'm in Victory Road and Fraxure is misspelled as "Fraxture" in the first post. I've just been confused going back and forth when I roll and get it.  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:40 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

Yeah had Cut, Surf and Strength early in order to try to move the truck and get Mew but it didn't work so I doubled back to do Surge and SS Anne.

I wanted to note two things, I've been having NPCs use Mega Evolutions without thinking about it. I give them the 1.3 dam boost as well so it's not unfair, should I stop doing that?

Second, I'm in Victory Road and Fraxure is misspelled as "Fraxture" in the first post. I've just been confused going back and forth when I roll and get it.

Ah, no, I think that's fine, if you want to give them that benefit o.o So long as you're not using it to make them easier to defeat or anything.

Mm, thank you for pointing that out. I'll go fix that ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:46 pm
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

Ah, no, I think that's fine, if you want to give them that benefit o.o So long as you're not using it to make them easier to defeat or anything.

I think it actually makes it harder but that way I can add more detail to the post  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:29 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

I think it actually makes it harder but that way I can add more detail to the post

I would figure so x3 The only way I could think it'd make things harder is if it manipulated the typing/ability, but even then... Anyway, sounds good : ) And Fraxure should be fixed  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games