Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 pm
User Image

No sooner had she swiped the Quaffle from Cain, he had swung about and was making his own attempt at the ball. Ally banked to the side and avoided his grasp, holding her prize tight to her side. She had done it. Cain called out a congratulations and her smile was positively giddy. This was officially the longest she had ever had ahold of the Quaffle. If you don’t stop marveling over every little blade of grass on the field and how majestically the sun catches the dew drops resting there, you are going to lose this game! Now get your head on straight, protect the ball and fly like you mean it! Ally chastised herself.

Rising higher to avoid a little congestion of players, Ally pressed on for the hoops. She was almost there.

User Image

Hufflepuff A: 0 | Hufflepuff B: 0
{Life 1} | {Life 2} | {Life 3}
Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12
Player's skills = Great Catch(+2 to catch), Hold the Line(+2 to block goal), Natural Flyer(+2 to AC),
0 Years Experience (+0 to rolls),
Advanced Flying 1 & 2 (+0 to rolls)
Weather: N/A
Total Roll Modifiers: +2 to catch, +2 to block goals
This roll after modifiers= N/A

MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:08 am
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty on The Quidditch Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'One more year of Quidditch...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAdalaide had to hand it to the first year, she was doing a pretty good job... and showing a lot of enthusiasm for sure. Watching her, Ada was pretty sure the team was going to be in good hands next year, even without her and Dhyl there. Didn't stop her from wanting to ensure she earned her spot on the starting team, though. After all, she couldn't expect experience alone to get her the position; it wouldn't be fair. It was practically playing favorites! So, she took off after the first year, reaching for a steal.

❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))
Position: Team One Chaser
AC: 17
Modifiers: (+7 on steals) (+7 on scores)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: 21
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:14 am
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty on The Quidditch Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'One more year of Quidditch...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀

spaceWhen the seventh year came away with the ball easily, she shot in the other direction, her eyes peeled. The tryouts were already off to a more exciting start than any years previous... mostly because Hufflepuff had never had so many people trying out. She glanced at the other players on her team, expression thoughtful; she'd proven that her skills hadn't gotten rusty over the Summer, right? Except for scoring, which she supposed was sort of important. She debated; should she pass the ball to Cain or Chloe, or go for the goal? Deciding that Dhyl knew she could score, she searched the field for the only new player on her team; Chloe. Once she caught sight of the girl, she called out, "Chloe, catch!" and passed the ball.

❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))
Position: Team One Chaser
AC: 17
Modifiers: (+7 on steals) (+7 on scores)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 1/3
Final Roll: xx
Score
00 to 00
TIED

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Voracious Voxy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:43 am
User Image

Ally had been closing in on the hoops, eyeing Corabell and ready to shoot, when Ada swooped back in and knocked the Quaffle from her grasp again. Ally had seen her coming at the last minute and tried to dodge, but she flew true and her aim was perfect. Once again, the ball had slipped from Ally’s grasp. The old Cleansweep that she was on didn’t do the most accurate turns, but still, she was able to wheel back and set off in pursuit of the Quaffle once more.

It was strange to think that when she had came to school this year, that she hadn’t even considered that she might play Quidditch. But since that first night when she spoke to Dhylan about it, it had become a burning passion of hers. She checked books out of the library, spent extra time learning how to service the brooms, taking hours polishing and trimming the twigs of the school brooms. She had even organized a few parties in the Hufflepuff common room around nights of professional Quidditch games where they would all have some Butterbeer and sweets, make a few friendly bets and cheer on their favorite teams.

So getting to finally be out on the field playing was such a dream come true that it kept her focused and not afraid to keep trying. So as she closed the distance just behind Ada, she was about to attempt another steal when the Quaffle was passed to Chloe. Diving down, Ally swiped for the ball as it was passed.

User Image

Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12
Player's skills = Great Catch(+2 to catch), Hold the Line(+2 to block goal), Natural Flyer(+2 to AC),

Voracious Voxy

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:47 am
User Image

”Yes!” with a small shout of glee, Ally recovered the Quaffle. This had certainly been a fast paced game so far. Both of the Hufflepuff teams were eager and swooping back and forth to trade make their play for the Quaffle. Bludgers were launched across the field and somewhere above the race for the Golden Snitch was happening. Filled with the energy of all of her teammates, those she was playing with and against, she raced back for the hoops that Corabell was guarding.

But as she flew past another Chaser she realized that she had to play smarter. Sweeping to the side, she flew under Dhyl, tossing the Quaffle upward to him. "Heads up!"

User Image

Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12

Gryffindor K

murruelecreuset rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:03 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Hufflepuff try-outs)

Chloe's nervous got the better of her and she didn't steal the quaffle. Luckily she had great team mates. When the quaffle was passed to her Chloe caught it but the moment she did it was taken from her. She had to get the quaffle back...

With: Hufflepuff Quidditch Team

Wearing: Quidditch Try-outs Outfit

OOC: Team One
Action: Attempting Steal on Alastrine
Goals/Failed Attempts: 0 / 0

AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 steal, +2 shoot
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:21 am
Ooc: on tablet and was in a rush so I clicked off the wrong dice again sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:20 am
User Image
User Image

Lɪɢʜᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛs ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ
Aɴᴅ I’ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍɪɴᴀʟ
Aɴᴅ ғʟᴇᴇɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs sᴄᴇɴᴇ
Aɴᴅ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴛʜɪɴᴋᴀʙʟᴇ

Dhylan had been scribbling notes furiously, glancing up at the game every few seconds. He was lucky he glanced when he did, because Ally had been trying to pass to him. Chloe swooped in to try and intercept, but missed, so he reached out a long arm and easily plucked the quaffle from the air. "Nice steal, Ally! Chloe, when someone tries an upward pass like that, your best bet is to try and close the gap between them. Swoop downward to prevent the higher-up Chaser from being able to get it." He nodded, grinning, then scanned the field. "Elsbeth! Heads up!" He tossed to her, hoping she didn't get intercepted. His blue eyes were bright with excitement, the dark rims of his glasses only enhancing the brightness of his irises.

TEAM TWO CHASER
AC: 16
Modifiers: +8 {Stealing and Scoring}
Total Roll:
00//03
Skills: Good Arm |∞| Dang Healthy |∞| Swift Swipe
Lives: [∞] [∞] [∞] [∞]
Scores: 00//00
{OoC:}

{If you wish to try out, just show up and fill out the form, then I'll post ASAP and sort you onto a team. In your post, you must say your team and the spot you're playing.}

TEAM ONE: Adalaide, Cain, Chloe, Corabell, Tobi, Jess
TEAM TWO: Dhylan, Elsbeth, Alastrine, Jarlath, Raphael, Terren

I’ᴍ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ᴅɪsᴀsᴛᴇʀ
Sᴛᴀʀɪɴ’ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs
Sᴏ ʙʀᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴡᴇ’ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ I’ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴛᴏ ғᴀɪʟ
Gᴏɪɴ’ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ
Jᴜᴍᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴀʀ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴄᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ
Wᴇ’ʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 am
User Image

Chloe failed to grab it which kind of hurt but at least Dhylan was giving her advice. "I'll keep that in mind." she told him as he passed the quaffle off to Elsie. Time to take it away from Newlyn's younger sister... she hoped at least.

Action: Attempting Steal on Elsie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:46 am
User Image

"I caught it!" Chloe told herself in amazement. She'd caught the quaffle and if felt great to do it too. "Alright... time to get to the goal." she told herself racing off towards the goal.

Action: 1/3

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Voracious Voxy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:23 am
User Image

Ally watched with awe as Dhylan easily caught the Quaffle, avoiding a steal. He had complimented her on her own steal which made her feel wonderful. He had seen! She had wanted to make sure that she had proved to him and the other upperclassmen that she wasn’t totally incapable. Maybe she didn’t have the skills and experience that they did. But she was determined and ready to give her all for her house.

Dhylan passed it along to Elsie and Ally was flying in to flank her. She was going to be in range to shoot! But just as the pass sailed over, Chloe dashed in and successfully snatched it out of the air. For just a tryout, this was a great game. Both sides were really focused on giving it their all and turning up the pressure on the other. Ally knew that she was going to have a hard time against more experienced players, but the fact that she was still hanging in showed that she had at least some talent. And really she was proud of Chloe, remembering that day at the Sorting Feast where the girl confessed to wanting to play despite a fear of heights.

Even still, Ally was ready to do what she could for her team. Dipping in low and coming up from behind, she darted in to try to steal back the Quaffle.

User Image

Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:30 am
User Image

Ally smiled as the Quaffle was back in her hands and she was streaking back across the field toward the other goals. She was having good luck so far with her steals. Looking over, she spotted Elsie circling back around and she motioned to her to follow. Flying out to the right side of the field as fast as she could to a relatively open area of play, she got to the side and turned hard to streak across the field, coming just above Elsie and passing the ball to her swiftly.

Whipping around, she fly up alongside Elsie to flank her on the path towards the goal.

User Image

Posts to the Goal: 1/3

Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12

The Forgotten Weasley

Voracious Voxy

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:13 am
Stretch out my life and pick the seams out. Take what you like, but close my ears and eyes. Watch me stumble over and over.
I had done wrong. You build your tower, but call me home. And I will build a throne. And wash my eyes out, never again.

User Image
With skin too tight and eyes like marbles. You spin me high, so watch me as I glide before I tumble homeward, homeward.
I know I tried. I was not stable, and flawed by pride. I miss my sanguine eyes, so hold my hands up. Breathe in and breathe out.

User Image

The Quaffle sure was getting a lot of action today. The First Year girl stole it, then Ada took it from her, then the First Year had it again and passed to Dhylan, who passed to another newbie, but was intercepted by Chloe and then stolen by the First Year again. What was that girl's name, anyways? She sure was good at this! "Awesome steal, Chloe!" he called, encouraging the older girl. For her first time playing Quidditch, she was getting the hang of it quickly. But that First Year girl was a tough one to beat. Still, Cain went in for another steal attempt. He couldn't let a cute little girl beat him, could he?

{OOC: What is it with Cain and 4's?! D:}

AC: 16 xxx Modifiers: +6 xxx Lives: ✰ ✰ ✰
To The Goals: #/3 xxx Score: 00 | 00 xxx Final Roll: 10 (miss)
You may not trust the promises of the change I'll show.
But I'd be yours if you'd be mine. So love the one you hold.
And I'll be your goal. To have and to hold.

¸¸.•*¨*• A lover of the light! •*¨*•.¸¸xxx

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:17 am
Wake up kids, we've got the dreamers disease. Age 13, we got you down on your knees. So polite, you're busy still saying please.
Fri-enemies, who when you're down ain't your friend. Every night we smash their Mercedes-Benz. First we run and then we laugh till we cry.

User Image

But when the night is falling, and you cannot find the light. If you feel your dream is dying, hold tight... You've got the music in you!
This whole damn world can fall apart. You'll be okay. Follow your heart. You're in harms way. I'm right behind. Now say you're mine.

User Image

That little golden ball had to be around here somewhere. But where was it? Jess hadn't spotted it yet, so he had no idea. Terren swiveled around and flew off in the opposite direction. Maybe it was over here? "Here, Snitchy, Snitchy, Snitchy..."

AC: 14 xxx Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +4 xxx Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: 21 (spotted!) xxx Cᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ Uᴘ: #/3 xxx Sᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ: #/2

Don't let go! You've got the music in you! One dance left! This world is gonna pull through!
Don't give up! You've got a reason to live! Can't forget you only get what you give!

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:37 pm
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Frantic
Let it shine: They're starting!
And I don't mind: Hufflepuff Team
We'll get by: Tryouts

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie was beginning to get dizzy from looking back and forth too much. Everyone kept stealing! Which was what they were supposed to do, obviously, and she gave a small sigh of relief when Ally attempted a pass to her again and this time she caught it before it could be intercepted. Tucking it against her frame, she tried to duck down a bit. Right, next time she had to remember to do something with her hair. It kept getting blown in her face, obscuring her vision. She focused on flying straight and swiftly, eyes on the goal.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

TEAM TWO
Position: Trying Out for Chaser
Mods: +2 Stealing and Scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: (X)(X)(X)
Post to Goal: 2/3 (Passed To and Awaiting Steal Attempt)
Number of Goals Made: 0

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games