Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 pm

For the sake of checking it, the mods are for 360, yeah?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:42 pm
Sadly Cale, all the user made mods (Aka, that), aren't for an unmodded 360. And a modded 360 is illegal... Doesn't stop some people, though biggrin  

Necro Fusion

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:42 pm
Caleidah

PC Only. Those are user made mods. Only 360 users get Official things, like Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, and Broken Steel.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:26 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz
Caleidah

PC Only. Those are user made mods. Only 360 users get Official things, like Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, and Broken Steel.

Well, I certainly have those to look forward to. The Power Axe from Operation Anchorage just looks fantastic.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:43 am
Anchorage gives you a shock sword, not an axe.

The Pitt has the auto-axe, which is an angle-grinder with a large blade on it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:18 am
Lt. Brookman
Anchorage gives you a shock sword, not an axe.

The Pitt has the auto-axe, which is an angle-grinder with a large blade on it.

Ah, had my expansions flopped. Thanks.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:45 am
Operation Anchorage is combat based as it allows to replay the legendary historic event of the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska in 2077 which has been taken over by Chinese armed forces. This DLC pack is combat oriented for the most part and gives a good deal of excellent armour and weaponry upon completion, such as the Chinese Hei Gui Stealth Armour, Winterized Power Armour and the Gauss Rifle.

The Pitt is a moral driven content pack where the player travels to what remains of Pittsburgh to either help the slaves or their overseers. This storyline is heavy on the greys of the moral spectrum, as no real ideal solution presents itself. Rewards include silenced assault rifles, new Raider armour made from Mini-Nukes, tribal power armour and the previously mentioned Auto-Axe.

Broken Steel is a means of removing the endgame stop and increasing the level cap from 20 to 30 along with new perks. Most of them are pretty useless with a few gems tucked in here and there. New enemies include albino Rads, Enclave Hellfire troopers with mortars that fire balls of napalm and a new type of Ghoul that is lethal at any range. New equipment includes Hellfire armour and the F3 BFG-equivalent the Tesla Cannon.

Point Overlook will be exploration themed, as you travel to a national park area of sorts with lots of greens as the bombs did not fall there. It is slated as having a "swampy-horror vibe".

Mothership Zeta will be about alien abduction! The player will be abducted and held responsible for the crash of Recon Craft Theta.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:31 pm
Bah! I despised the whole Fable II ending, and there wasn't much replayability on that game for me. Trying to sell that and my Guitar Hero III, sadly most people already have Guitar Hero 3. Also, already reserved my pre-order for Dragon Age: Origins from Bioware....and I'm already loving the game, luckily 09 seems to be a fast year for me, so I'm not that irritated over the release date being moved up, and the pre order was for the 360. On my first run through, with the origin stories I plan on playing either a: Dalish Elf, Dwarf Noble ((Maybe a dwarven commoner)), or a human noble, and then play the rest on all my other runs, not to mention switching between genders.
Of course, I know EA bought Bioware, but EA is hardly messing with Dragon Age, that and I'm irritated by people making a big deal out of Bioware being bought by EA, just because EA has a bad rep with games, doesn't mean Bioware will stop making good games.

Syumerrt

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:16 pm
Syumerrt
Bah! I despised the whole Fable II ending, and there wasn't much replayability on that game for me. Trying to sell that and my Guitar Hero III, sadly most people already have Guitar Hero 3. Also, already reserved my pre-order for Dragon Age: Origins from Bioware....and I'm already loving the game, luckily 09 seems to be a fast year for me, so I'm not that irritated over the release date being moved up, and the pre order was for the 360. On my first run through, with the origin stories I plan on playing either a: Dalish Elf, Dwarf Noble ((Maybe a dwarven commoner)), or a human noble, and then play the rest on all my other runs, not to mention switching between genders.
Of course, I know EA bought Bioware, but EA is hardly messing with Dragon Age, that and I'm irritated by people making a big deal out of Bioware being bought by EA, just because EA has a bad rep with games, doesn't mean Bioware will stop making good games.

Well Bioware is the developer, the Publisher is EA. EA publishes most games these days, and they don't deal with the tech support or anything of the like.

As far as I know, EA isn't really into making new IP's or trying to take over someone elses IP's because even if a company is bought they don't own exclusive rights to the IP's in every case. (See Vivendi-Activision neither Vivendi or Activision own any of Blizzards IP's and therefore can't change how the game will be. But they still publish them.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:28 pm
Hmm, well back to Dragon Age: Origins, the game's main theme is pretty good, and finally I don't have to see the elves as the superior race, pointy ears finally got what was coming to them. As the elves in the Dragon Age world, on the continent of Thedas are no longer immortal, thanks to some things in the history of Thedas, as of now humans are not very fond of them, elves themselves mainly the city elves have to live in these places in the large cities known as Alienages, which are basically the slums, sort of probably not a slum compared to how the casteless dwarves have to live with. There are the Dalish elves, which are trying to recover and preserve their elven past, such as language, tradition, artifacts, though they may deny it some of it is combined with human things. Though I may just go with the Dalish elf first run through, mainly because of how I want to see the world...and for this one choice you get to make when you are playing the origin story part before you actually get involved with the main story....oh yes, my elf shall hate humans....OH YES HE SHALL!!!!  

Syumerrt

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:00 pm
i just finished playing mass effect... it's a little short... I visited every planet in every system and finished the story in just three days.. I spoke to 5 baddies and I convinced all 5 to shoot themselves in the head am I good? or subliminally evil?

-_-edit-_-

apparently I head all those expansions are finally comming out for the ps3 which would you recommend for the cheap to buy?  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:45 am
GamerChik240
i just finished playing mass effect... it's a little short... I visited every planet in every system and finished the story in just three days.. I spoke to 5 baddies and I convinced all 5 to shoot themselves in the head am I good? or subliminally evil?

-_-edit-_-

apparently I head all those expansions are finally comming out for the ps3 which would you recommend for the cheap to buy?
Broken Steel puts the level cap from 20 to 30 and adds a little something to the postgame so that it won't end just like that. Anchorage is just a combat simulator and has good items at the end but nothing good or great. The Pitt is more story driven if you're into that with some great items and two handy perks.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:45 pm
so broken steel and the pitt... from what I heard abotu the swampy one i'm gettign sort of a horror vibe... am I right in that thought?  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 pm
That's what they say, though there is hardly any info out about it as of yet.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:21 pm
Eh, Mass Effect was good but short, 2 I think is suppose to be longer, as for DA:O Originally they said it would last 80 hours, not to mention if you concentrate on the sidequests, the replayability with the origins and genders, but now it was announced to last over 100 hours.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games