Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

billsabob

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:52 am
Mango McCrazy
Well, I'll use it and see what happens. It's just Spess Mahreens after all. :3
Eck
Testors sucks, I used it to try and paint black Templars, now that I want to paint them with citadel paints, it makes it look real shitty.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:17 pm
Are you using Testors Model Masters paint or the regular stuff in the squarish bottle?

I use Model Master Paint for my IG and I get really good results.

The stuff in the squar bottles needs to be thinned otherwise it's too thick.  

dwerger13

1,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

billsabob

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:39 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

My best painted model yet, hes my sternguard sergeant, I think he looks really good, how about you guys?  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 am
He looks pretty much tabletop to me, nice and clean when it comes to the colours, and I like the red contrast, but some highlights and maybe a wash or two on the armour and on the bolter could make it better (to me it needs some shading)? I see alot of potential here though.

Something else I noticed, are the eyes white? It would give the model a more alive effect if they had blue, green or red lenses (or just any), and some of the plating on the bolter could be coloured in another way as well instead of all silver, a common choice is red, but me myself go for black plates on my bolters, green could work as well since the main colour of your models are green. mrgreen  

Shinobi_8745

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:12 pm
So, I should really start getting into the modeling thing. I love models and all.

My question is, do people use a "Third Hand"? Magnifying glasses? What kind of brushes do you use? Or toothpicks?

The artist in me is worried about painting crappy looking models. ):

I'm going to hopefully get tips from a local gaming store. (We have no GW stores in town. ): And I will browse their website aswell. I just want to gather as much information as possible.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:19 pm

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a big (like, 5.5" diameter) magnifying glass and it has worked fantastically. That said, make sure you take a bit to get accustomed to painting under a lens. It makes things a little wonky at first.

User Image

That's my total setup. I position that flex-neck lamp so that the light is shining through the lens around my arms to give me a really good sight at the model.

Oh, and make sure you have good lighting! I can't stress that enough. Being able to really see the details on the model means that you'll be able to do a better job painting them.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:53 pm
I WANT ONE OF THOSE TABLETOP LENSES...
Gar.
Regardless, I got the black reach paint set, and using those and a spare-parts captain, I tested my skills with the ultramarines.
User Image

Not finished, still need detailing, but I'm not going to do too much other than a cleanup as I'm aiming for tabletop quality here.
Also, they are Ultramarines due to the set, my own will be DIY.
They are good for practicing painting though.

Also, a single test-gaunt for my Splinter Fleet, Wendigo.
User Image
Thinking of changing the blue to a deeper, more purply blue (vallejo Sick blue), with goblin green thin details. you can't see it very easily, but the skin is flat chaos black with red Ink lathered on all the black. Talons and other weaponry chitin will be shades of red.
Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:43 pm
Alright, small update on the gaunts...
User Image
User Image
back ta lurkin...  

bjs.09-00

Inenor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:42 am
First off my new chaplain
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Then my new Librarian
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
they are not finished but i'll update in a few days to show the final product.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:46 pm
skin..clean....
So..painted guud...
blargh.
And the paint looks like ti was applied nice and smooth.
If i had to nitpick at ANYTHING, It'd be the swirlies on the powersword.
they confuse and err me..I dunno why. looks ready for the highlights and washing series to come!  

bjs.09-00

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:31 pm
So I was going to assemble my a couple Tau I have and test paint, when I realised the only paints I have are Skull White, Chaos Black, Fortress Grey, and Burnished Gold.... Well I don't know any Tau sept, that's so... boring but.. D; Have to find a hobby shop that sells 40K merchandise.. An maybe they can help me paint too. Lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:02 am
i finally finished them, now all i have to do is base them. here the are

the librarian
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
the chaplain
Both models
And them about to lay the smack down on some Necrons smile
User Image

i apologize for the size of the pictures, i wanted to show as much detail as possible  

Inenor

Andre_kelfar11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:06 pm
I don't post that much i just wanted to show off this custom made Lizardman hero of the Skinks Tetto'eko

its made of Stegodon scraps see if you can work it out smile
User Image

im a lizardman player and 40k eldar
the only thing that throws me off about painting is painting Metal things.
thats why i took to eldar and lizards after my first eldar army that was just discraceful

now Im Realy Pleased with my self the years of painting has paided off.
User Image
User Image
User Image
im very proud of this one its praticly 1/4 green putty
start after finished the seat.
User Image
and finished
User Image
iv got no Project on the go atm but i am just finishing up a Ancient stegodon with magical engine.
i'll post it iv spent weeks on it so far.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:37 pm
Inenor, you need to get your a** into one of our painting competitions, those are really good. xd Same with you, Andre.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Andre_kelfar11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:14 pm
Sweet a painting comp na not a painting competition person.
I bought some Swooping hawks from my brother he paints on commision so if theres anyone that don't pay i buy models of him at a discount since there not painted and i fix them up.

working progress atm
7x swooping hawks
1x Avatar of kane
lol and 3 or 4 tanks im fixing from Scraps (Ebay rules when it comes to bits i picked up a grave tank with no guns only a turret badly painted i think it was £4.00 somthing and a bitz box of eldar things iv had for ages had a prism cannon in there with grav-tank parts so iv got 3 tanks on the go and one complete fire prism to paint)
this is for aapocalypse.

it'll be ages before there finished but iv near finished the swooping hawks and avater of kane.
there won't realy be any updating painting photos i sort of like to paint in 2+ hour block on my days off work :p
I'll get around to it i'll post a load of things.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games