Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:40 pm

hehe i like the first part of your siggy.....

anyways, i hope the Horus Heresy books come out sooner...I found a new Commissar Caine bookt he other day, Duty Calls, i didn't even hear about it, so it was a nice surprise.

As for other eleases, did anyone else think that The Armour of Contempt was kinda shitty?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:05 am

Father [A]bel [N]ightroad
hehe i like the first part of your siggy.....

anyways, i hope the Horus Heresy books come out sooner...I found a new Commissar Caine bookt he other day, Duty Calls, i didn't even hear about it, so it was a nice surprise.

As for other eleases, did anyone else think that The Armour of Contempt was kinda shitty?

XD Thanks! I thought it would please GG fans.

As far as AoC I heard it was just a setup for "Only in Death" which is the final one in the arc. I'm only on sabbat martyr, so I'm not there yet.

narutobro

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:31 pm

With "Only in Death" the saga will at long last be over. But the Horus Heresy books are the new cash cow of GW, plus Space Wolf and Gotrek & Felix are still running, though those two have gone down in quality with the change of authors.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:27 pm

I've ben' going to website to website looking for some good 40k books, but each one sais something different about there merchandise , so I thought, why not go straight to the best, you lot of gits. So, any good book recommendations?

(Heheh, Sorry I did'nt know there was already a thred like this hahaha...ha...*sigh*)

Jeraco

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:35 pm

What are you looking for then?

EDIT.

Just go here for starters! http://www.blacklibrary.com/
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:16 pm

Lt. Brookman
What are you looking for then?

EDIT.

Just go here for starters! http://www.blacklibrary.com/

Thanks, for some strange reason my search engine completely over looked this.

Jeraco

narutobro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:36 am

Brookman: Is it for sure the end of the series? I read Abnett only said it was the end of the storry arc, "The Lost". This is of course the third arc. The first two being "The Founding" and "The Saint".
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:33 am

narutobro
Brookman: Is it for sure the end of the series? I read Abnett only said it was the end of the storry arc, "The Lost". This is of course the third arc. The first two being "The Founding" and "The Saint".

Abnett said that there would be three story arcs, so hurrah for finally reaching the end. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if BL tries to bang even more bucks out of the Gaunt franchise

On the Abnett note, don't buy "the Inquisition" background book, it's one big recap of all Inquisitor stories written by Abnett and nothing more. Sure it has snazzy art, but the information in it is really useless.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Kino Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:15 am

I went to my local Borders book stroe today to look for Dan Abnetts Eisenhorn Omnibus, which they didn't have, but I found and bought "Let The Galaxy Burn" (The short story collections book? I'm loving it so far, I got it because of the mentions ive seen in this thread" as well as the Space Wolf Omnibus.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:38 am

Finally I got my hands on "Back from the Dead", a nice read and a real improvement over the crappy Kal Jerico books BL releases every now and then.

I'm set for the coming two or so weeks, so expect my opinion on the following books as I finish them: Deus Encarmine, Deus Sanguinius, Tales from the Dark Millennium, Invasion!, Star of Damocles and Palace of the Plague Lord.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Cpl Hart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:58 am

Does anyone know what the 3rd Gaunts ghosts Omnibus will be called?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:21 am

The Lost.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

narutobro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 am

Thanks for the heads up on "Inquisition" Lt. Looking forward to your next book reviews too.

Kinowolf: RAGNAR RULES!! Read the first for (William King) books. Have yet to read the newest...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:43 am

I've read alot of books from BL. Currently I own:

The blood angels saga (both deux books)
Double Eagle
The Gaunt Ghosts series (Up to the current book)
The Soul Drinkers Saga ( Up to the current book)
The Last Chancers Omnibus
Eisenhorn Omnibus
Inquistion wars
Tales from the dark Millenium
Let the Galaxy Burn!
The Space Wolves Saga (up to the current book)
Commissar Caine series (Up to the current book)
Warhammer 40k biggrin awn of war Series
Infantryman's uplifting Primer
Sabbat Worlds Crusade
Faith and Fire
Grey Knight Series (Dark Adaptus etc)
Titan:God Machine
Fifteen hours
witch coven
Fire Warrior
Iron Hands
Ravenor series

- I think that's all I can list for now. I have so much that I cant remember them all off the top of my head. I'm sure if someone suggested a title then I can tell them if I read it and if I liked it.

User_1017918

narutobro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:32 am

Damn that's an impressive list Genma.
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games