Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jera_Laguz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:09 am
Serriphine
if anyone is wondering what a chaos lord with carrion wings looks like heres mine.User Image
User Image
Thats pretty cool...i was considering something like that...would carrion wings be big enough for a daemon prince though confused  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:54 am
I have just finished my command squad for my chaos marines. Colour is based on the Extinction Angels from the painting guide at the back of Codex: Chaos Space Marines. My Lord was the hardest to convert. Firstly I had to order 3 seperate parts; Typhus' scythe, a marauder sprue and the old chaos lord plasma pistol. On top of that the new chaos lord. (the lord's power fist is used later) Firstly I have to remove Typhus' left hand from the scythe. I riskily used clippers (oh the folly of youth xd ) but luckily it came out fine and luckily the area had bandages so and joins looked like folds in the bandage/grip. Next I had to attach the arm. It has came off on several occasions though now its firmly on (i hope). Next I glued the plasma pistol on. Since the new lord and the old lord are pretty much the same it fitted with ease. Next was the marauders head. I chose the bearded/long hair marauder (on the sprue with the champions sword). This fitted easily and suits more than the new lords TINY head in my view (im fed up of marines fleshy parts looking way too small). Now since I was mounting my command squad on special bases (basically hacked at my 40k terrain from an old starter set and stuck it on bases) I had to remove some of the rubble the lords left leg is on, seeing as it was raised. So getting a church like arch, i tilted it on its side. Next I sawed through the lower part of rubble (yup, sawed) and then filed enough room out of the arch for the rubble to sit firmly. Now I painted. I went with liche purple for the main of the armour (warlock purple for highlights) and bleached bone for the armour trim. The rest of the army followed this original colour scheme. Now the bearded marauder had his skin done in a dawrf flesh, highlighted in elf flesh. The hair had to stand out from the armour. Always having a thing for the flamey orange/red hair of dwarf slayers he was given a bright ginger/red hair. His eyes are not too detailed, but were simply painted green, like other models in the army. The scythes shaft was painted bleach bone, which fits in the story of that it is a weapon, containing a daemon, trapped by the eldar. Wraith bone! Weee! Anyway I dry brushed the blade in tin bitz and then boltgun metal, highlighting with boltgun. I hightlighted some areas in shining gold however (the lord included). Next i painted runes (anglo-saxon runes) onto the blade in gore red. Once it had dried i went over the runes in flaming orange giving them a glowing effect and making the blade look like a truly special weapon (tbh the typhus scythe is underdone and looks like a scthe, not a daemon weapon). That was about it. Oh and his flag has a purple chaos star on it.

Now the first member of the Lords chosen is the model i call Horny. Unlike you sick perverted peeps its due to him having horns (from the mutation sprue). A quick conversion, i chopped off the horns and glued them on...no problems, no need for pinning, no need for green stuff. Next came the lord's fist conversion. Taking a chaos arm (cant remember which one), I cut the fore arm off to the elbow pad. Next I glued the power fist on. Using the chaos tank commanders elbow pad I gave the model a unique look. The body itself came from the tank commander. I simply timmed the back piece down so a back pack could fit.

Next came the fallen champion. My lord being a fallen decendent of the blood angels, he favours those who fall from high posistions in the imperium into the service of his dark gods. So I found an Emporers Champion in my bitz box (among the mauled marines, melted brettonians and badly damaged fantasy orcs *sniff* I miss ma green boyz!). I wanted to give the champion a clear mutation showing how he had lost all belief in the emporer. Using the HUGE arm on the mutation spure I glued it to his usual sword arm, putting a slightly damaged shoulder pad on to represent that the mutation had grown and destroyed his armour. His empty arm was bare. I didnt want to give him a gun so i looked to the chaos marine command sprue. I cut off his fore arm and replaced it with the fore arm with the chaos power sword. Lastly there was the black templar necklace (i think). I couldn't have someone who jumped teams in my lords retinue! So taking clippers again, I clipped it off. Finding a plastic skull i halved it and glued it where the templar logo once was. The gods work was complete...the champion of the flase emporer had fallen to the lure of the dark gods! twisted

*cough* anyway next I needed two simple members of the squad. One with an assault weapon (never hurts to put a hole in some power armour before you assualt) so taking an old chaos havoc (rocket havoc) I added some spare bolter arms and gave him a plasma gun. Placing a back pack on him, he was a nice blend of old and new and gave him a vetran look but still didn't look like he had just came out of the heresy. Finally i need a combat marine. With about enough parts to make 8 khorne beserkers I decided not to field the beserkers. Fistly I find them to un-certain...if I wanted that I would have played orcs rofl Anyway I took a beserkers body and running legs. I glued them together and filed off and khorne symbols. Next I used a pair of chaos marine arms. I wanted the marine to hold a chain axe so had to remove an arm and slightly file it on one side so it sat on the arm at an angel. The standard left arm for the chaos marine held the top of the chain axe (i removed any mechanic pieces on the chain axe) and the right arm held the handle giving a nice swinging look. To finish him I added the simple horn mutant head, giving a strong looking head to the marine.

All have different bases. I already said the lords. Horny is on a fallen wall (which is on an angle), the fallen chamion isnt mounted on a piece of scenery but casually walking past a piece of ruined building. The assault weapon marine is behind a fallen arch. (cover?) Finally the marine who used to be a beserker is mounted on a pillar giving him the look that he jumped from ruin to ruin giving him a predatory look (in my eyes).

Ill get pics soon  

Jera_Laguz

MegaKx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:42 am
This is one of my tyranic vets [WIP]
all i need now is some green stuff

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:34 pm
awhile ago I was sitting in my room I could not sleep even tho it was 3 am and as I got looking thro my white dwarfs I found an artical about grey knight termys and I thought for a moment and looks over my bitz and thought to myself I bet I could make one from what I have here, so I got to work and ended up with this

User Image
User Image
User Image
in totalys there are parts from A Sm Tactical marine, the assault termys, a Skeleton warrior, and the purity seals came from everywhere, and the sheild is Ironicly from a Chaos knight filed down I don't think it turned out to bad  

Drakeoss Dragoon

Breuger

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:46 pm
well, for my alpha legion havocs, I'm converting one to use the guard autocannons, any ideas for making an ammo belt/drum/box?
my friend didn't have anymore of the drums they came with xp
I'll try to post a pic of it when I get the cannons on  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:23 pm
Im intending to use autocannons as well, but havent begun yet, so im curiouse how yours will turn out.  

King Kento

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:09 pm
I finaly got my camra working, so I can post my picts. These are the four main charicters I have acsess to in my army, The two Chaplains are converted, and contain peices from old Terminators, Crusader squads, Chaos Marine squads, and the Space Marine Comander box, as well as bitz from my bitz box. The Marshal on the end is just the Commander boxed set with aditions from the Crusader sprue, and my gold Emperors Champion. Enjoy.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x261/rurictorrune/IMG_0768.jpg  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:18 pm
Okay, sorry I don't have a pic but here's my conversion.

An orc warboss on boar. A great axe thats been attached to a spear (both from the orc warboss box) The warboss has a banner pole with an empire general head and tomb king sword attached onto a shield with the banner from gorbad ironclaw and I added the solland crown and runefang. Say hello to Rorgaz Steelgut!  

Eternity_Cursed

Metol_Head

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:32 am
Drakeoss Dragoon
awhile ago I was sitting in my room I could not sleep even tho it was 3 am and as I got looking thro my white dwarfs I found an artical about grey knight termys and I thought for a moment and looks over my bitz and thought to myself I bet I could make one from what I have here, so I got to work and ended up with this

User Image
in totalys there are parts from A Sm Tactical marine, the assault termys, a Skeleton warrior, and the purity seals came from everywhere, and the sheild is Ironicly from a Chaos knight filed down I don't think it turned out to bad

from scratch i'd say thats impressive good work 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:10 am
Okay, I'm better at doing painting and conversions than gaming (but I'm getting better at the game part).
My Necron army is the first army I did, half of it is painted black and gold, and the other half is rusted, because the story is that their tomb subsided and water flooded part of the tomb complex.
My Chaos army has the most conversions (y'know, the old "it's a mutation" excsue to do whatever the hell you want). I'll get some pics of the best ones sometimes, but here's the dreadnought http://www.fictioneers.co.uk/carnage.html
I've just started an Ork army for the fun of it. Most players I know are scared of Orks, but they get really scared of CLOWN Orks!
Yes, I'm clowning up my Orks. The story is they saw some Harlequins and thought "tehy must be dat good cos ov der colourz!" so thats why.  

DarkertheDragon

Fignuts 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:09 pm
DarkertheDragon
Okay, I'm better at doing painting and conversions than gaming (but I'm getting better at the game part).
My Necron army is the first army I did, half of it is painted black and gold, and the other half is rusted, because the story is that their tomb subsided and water flooded part of the tomb complex.
My Chaos army has the most conversions (y'know, the old "it's a mutation" excsue to do whatever the hell you want). I'll get some pics of the best ones sometimes, but here's the dreadnought http://www.fictioneers.co.uk/carnage.html
I've just started an Ork army for the fun of it. Most players I know are scared of Orks, but they get really scared of CLOWN Orks!
Yes, I'm clowning up my Orks. The story is they saw some Harlequins and thought "tehy must be dat good cos ov der colourz!" so thats why.
I painted a 3,000 point necron army in one night. It was a LOOONG night.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:08 pm
ok im new at the conveting stuff and rules and all but the new carnifex since it has 4 arm holes for the arms i have used them up and put a set of rending claws and scything talons i guess the question is i put two more scything talons on there where the body and waist are and used the armor sprues from the termagaunts and warriors to make it look like its suppose to be there ill post a picture soon as possible but is that legal ??? if not it looks kickass i got a blue and purple color scheme for a cold effect and the base has rippers and a temagaunt on it for a biomorph and looks  

atrophy04

Dizy_lizy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:25 pm
Im currently converting a Chaos Space Marine army out of old SPace Marines a friend sold me. He sodle me liek 1000+ points for like 30 bucks, not bad. I have finished a unit and a few champion/officer models. Any advice???

Pics will come later.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 pm
1!ZZ
Im currently converting a Chaos Space Marine army out of old SPace Marines a friend sold me. He sodle me liek 1000+ points for like 30 bucks, not bad. I have finished a unit and a few champion/officer models. Any advice???

Pics will come later.

Any advice would depend entirely on what the idea is behind your chaos marines. Are they members of one of the original chaos legions, or more recent renegades? Give us some details.  

King Kento

Dizy_lizy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:47 am
I'm not exactly sure. I kinda decided just to convert them to look liek actual CSM but I have kinda been thinking finding a way to make them like a renegade chapter would be cool. Not sure. If I was doing a renegade chapter though what would you suggest?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games