Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:19 pm
Hello again! I'm back, now that my summer research is over heart

I don't know if any of you saw, but a while ago I was thinking about giving my character Takumi some kind of special power. I hadn't really decided on anything (and sorry if I asked this already) but what is the guidelines for what is and isn't allowed as far as supernatural abilities go?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:34 pm
Arianna Jean Phoenix
If we were already collecting an item when we catch a Pokémon with Pickup, does the count cut down? Or, do we have to collect that item at full count before we can use Pickup?

So long as the pokemon is in the active party, Pickup can take effect immediately : )

TheWhiteDragonfly
Hello again! I'm back, now that my summer research is over heart

I don't know if any of you saw, but a while ago I was thinking about giving my character Takumi some kind of special power. I hadn't really decided on anything (and sorry if I asked this already) but what is the guidelines for what is and isn't allowed as far as supernatural abilities go?

I think it essentially has to be canon to the universe o vo And obviously nothing over powered... It's preferred things are built up to, too, so like... psychic abilities can't be Sabrina level etc, but basic telepathy like with pokemon and such, with permission, is fine. Basically you can check with a mod if you have a particular idea, but we don't want people creating supernatural characters all over the place, so it kind of depends on what you have in mind :0

Also, welcome back! x3 I hope your research was fun!  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:39 pm
Loonamist

I think it essentially has to be canon to the universe o vo And obviously nothing over powered... It's preferred things are built up to, too, so like... psychic abilities can't be Sabrina level etc, but basic telepathy like with pokemon and such, with permission, is fine. Basically you can check with a mod if you have a particular idea, but we don't want people creating supernatural characters all over the place, so it kind of depends on what you have in mind :0

Okay! I don't have any good ideas yet, so maybe I will look around bulbapedia and ask you guys when I think of something! The first thing that I thought of is Yellow from the manga. Would you think of that as canon? Or is it just the anime and games?

Thanks, it was! I got to go hiking every day, so it was really great.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:45 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
Loonamist

Okay! I don't have any good ideas yet, so maybe I will look around bulbapedia and ask you guys when I think of something! The first thing that I thought of is Yellow from the manga. Would you think of that as canon? Or is it just the anime and games?

We tend to base of the games, but... to be honest, I'm not that familiar with what Yellow was capable of in the manga :0 It might be possible, depending on what it was, though!

Awww lucky! I wish there were more hiking areas around here. That sounds awesome, though! >w<  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:01 pm
Loonamist
TheWhiteDragonfly
Loonamist

We tend to base of the games, but... to be honest, I'm not that familiar with what Yellow was capable of in the manga :0 It might be possible, depending on what it was, though!

Awww lucky! I wish there were more hiking areas around here. That sounds awesome, though! >w<

Yellow could heal pokemon by touching them. And I think she could understand them like people, too. It was because she was born or grew up in Veridian forest though, I think! o:

Yeah it was great! Glad to be back though!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:37 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
Loonamist
TheWhiteDragonfly
Loonamist

Yellow could heal pokemon by touching them. And I think she could understand them like people, too. It was because she was born or grew up in Veridian forest though, I think! o:

Yeah it was great! Glad to be back though!

Ohh. Unfortunately I dont' think healing would be allowed, because it basically cheats out of needing healing items, which isn't really fair to others. Being able to understand pokemon would be a possibility, though! owob

Glad to hear it! Lol on both accounts! x3  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:40 pm
Loonamist

Ohh. Unfortunately I dont' think healing would be allowed, because it basically cheats out of needing healing items, which isn't really fair to others. Being able to understand pokemon would be a possibility, though! owob

Glad to hear it! Lol on both accounts! x3

Oh of course, that would be pretty unfair! Would you consider it being okay if it was only ever used for plots? I wasn't thinking of using it, though. I really have no idea yet x~x

But thank you for answering! I'll try to figure something out.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:36 pm
If I teach Aurorus the move Psychic, will she be telepathic? Also, I noticed Ninetales only learns Psychic-type moves like Imprison, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Rest, and Dream Eater. Will it still be telepathic even though the move isn't Psychic?  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 pm
Jewel of Antares
If I teach Aurorus the move Psychic, will she be telepathic? Also, I noticed Ninetales only learns Psychic-type moves like Imprison, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Rest, and Dream Eater. Will it still be telepathic even though the move isn't Psychic?
If Aurorus can learn the move then yes, they'll be able to talk with you same for Ninetails. So long as it has a psychic or ghost type move  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
Oh of course, that would be pretty unfair! Would you consider it being okay if it was only ever used for plots? I wasn't thinking of using it, though. I really have no idea yet x~x

But thank you for answering! I'll try to figure something out.

I would have to ask the other mods, but it's possible ^^;; It would probably depend on some of the details; we're wary about powers in general, since we really want this to be more canon to the games, and once that door opens, it can get a little out of hand, but we're working on some rules regarding that at the moment, so I can get back to to you on it when you have an idea of what you want : )

And of course! ^^  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:14 am
So I'm training up my Pokemon team and am fighting a wild Deino. When you look at damage done against Deino dragon is 2x but Fairy is 4x so does that mean it does 4x damage in battle? My next gym is Dragon and that would be handy enough to try to catch a few more fairy Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:14 pm
Shadow - Dragon
So I'm training up my Pokemon team and am fighting a wild Deino. When you look at damage done against Deino dragon is 2x but Fairy is 4x so does that mean it does 4x damage in battle? My next gym is Dragon and that would be handy enough to try to catch a few more fairy Pokemon.

Fairy is only 2x to dragon. The reason it's 4x to Deino is because dark types are also weak to fairy, and it's a dual type; dragon/dark.  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:46 pm
Vigilia
Shadow - Dragon

Fairy is only 2x to dragon. The reason it's 4x to Deino is because dark types are also weak to fairy, and it's a dual type; dragon/dark.

Oh, okay thanks for clearing that up  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 pm
I guess it's a bit nostalgic but Drayden's Pokemon in Opelucid City must have the old style of HP listed, just to make a note about it.  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:27 pm
Two-part question here, both concerning Fly so I can get it figured out ahead of time. Because better to ask when it can be answered at a leisurely pace than to try and scramble to get it figured out at the last moment.

Anyway, part one: If a character were to obtain a Pokemon with Fly before acquiring the badge bestowing the HM (either through a trade with another guild member, a Balm Mushroom, or an adequately-leveled Rayquaza since that sucker can learn Fly through level-up) would the character in question be able to access Fly for travel from the get-go or would that character still have to get the badge that would grant them the HM?

Part two: If the Pokemon that knows Fly is not one that would be able to adequately transport their trainer (such as the infamous Pidgey knowing Fly) but there exists another plausible means of transport readily available (such as a character or enemy NPC having a Pokemon with or capable of having known Teleport at hand), would the character then be able to access the benefits of the move (moving to a different location)?

...I apologize here for how convoluted those questions might sound... :c  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games