Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:02 pm
User Image
*walsk in with a stack of papers and sits at a table and begins correcting them*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:07 am
User Image"Yes, I'm fine Morgan. Thank you for asking," she says as pleasantly as possible. It was hard for anyone to grow on Meteniera, but this eccentric teacher seemed to be. Maybe she'd actually have a friend, besides Prof. Fortina, of course. "Did any of you have to fill out what might as well be a textbook of paperwork when you applied? Look at this!" she says in exasperation.  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

cocosam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:44 pm
[[Um, guys our avatars are gone..from the posts I mean...]]
Morgan smiled. "It was quite smaller when I applied, but those were simpler days." Morgan laughed. "I've been teaching longer then You-Know-Who was evil!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:05 am
User ImageA tickle indeed... *she thought*

Well then Morgan, your attire is perfect!

*Turns to Scarborough, against her better judgement.*

Mhm. I finished it just this morning. It took me ages! Honestly, do they have to ask stupid questions like "When you laugh do you frighten children?" or "Are you impersonating a teacher with Polyjuice Potion?"...I know it's happened in the past, but if anyone was doing so, they wouldn't tell the truth!

[[they aren't gone for me...]]

Summer_Breeze1507

cocosam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:12 pm
User Image

[[Hm. There showing now...]]
"Do you laugh when you frighten children? If you answered that question yes, then your a lousy teacher. Thank you Selena."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:20 pm
User Image
Meteniera looks down at the floor at Morgan's comment. She had answered yes to that one. "One would think that they could invent better questions, but I guess not."  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

luvzdeidara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
Since March 29, 2009

2. How many posts have you made? 82

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes and yes

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only. Arithmancy, Divination

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Prof. Trusdale/ Dei Trusdale

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: Arithmancy

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Cocosam

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
My religion uses Numerology to tell the future, and it is similar to Arithmancy.
10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? Yes

11.Anything else you would like to add: N/A

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:35 pm
Hmm... you didn't put anything for number 7. Why's that, Professor Trusdale?  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

luvzdeidara

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:49 pm
I hadn't thought of anything yet. I was going to go back and add it once I had an idea. I'm sorry if I had caused any trouble.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

Example lesson:
Origin and uses of Arithmancy
Derived from two Greek words – arithmos (meaning number) and manteia (meaning divination). Arithmancy is thus the study of divination through numbers.
Arithmancy is the ancient art of divination practiced by Chaldeans and Greeks. It is the process of telling the future by analyzing names and their numerical equivalents. Its dates back to over two thousand years. Its usage is primarily to evaluate one’s strengths and weaknesses and secondly to divine future occurrences.

Class setup:

Entering the class from the back one can see the professor facing the chalk board writing a brief description of Arithmancy. Her desk is covered in papers presumably class lessons and a large book with numbers and letters on it. The room is well lit and bright with several large circular tables of various color each with a matching feather quill holder with spare ink. Instantly the student could be assured that they would be writing a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:37 pm
No trouble. Go ahead and make your class. Best be quick about it since term's already started.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

starofheart09

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:49 pm
Hi,I'm a house elf and I'm just gonna be cleaning the window with water and newspaper so don't bother me.Just trying to complete my homework, just trying! teehee! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:06 am
*Selena exhaled. No snarky remarks, maybe today she could keep her cool and act as a respectful teacher.*

What about question number 147- Would you ever eat a student's homework and then make them re-do it?

Or 154- When is it appropriate for you to take a nap during class?

*She shook her head and laughed to herself.*

Summer_Breeze1507

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:25 am
User Image
"Yes. Most of them are preposterous. I answered, "When the students aren't looking" to question 154," Meteniera says. She tries to behave today. Only a few more minutes........

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:48 am
*Selena smiled for a half-second. Maybe more like a quarter of a second....but she smiled all the same...*

I put "when they have a quiz or test to take and an hour long to do it."

Summer_Breeze1507

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:53 pm
User Image
Prof. Scarborough looks at her watch. "Well, I have a meeting to be off to. Good day." Prof. Scarborough leaves.  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games