Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inenor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:12 am
Some new Pics of some of my older models.

Ork War Boss who got really happy with a can of blue paint...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Pedro Kantor and all his crimson glory...
Switching gears to fantasy; Here is my Slann Mage-Priest...
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Some Saurus Heroes...
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Some Skink Priests...
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
A Skink Chief...
And finally a Salamander...

Any positive criticism is welcome razz along with any tips for minor details here and there.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:10 am
Inenor

Um..your warboss..must want to be REALLY lucky, I presume?
But so far, they all look good to me.  

bjs.09-00

Inenor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:53 pm
why yes ... yes he dose.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:01 pm
Questions:
Death Korps of krieg Commissar. Halp?
How do I get a basecoat made of Vallejo black to settle once I've thinned it?
a few of my minis are coming out with buildup for some reason,and they're as thin as water.
Also, how do I get a colour to "fade" into another one? for example, the claws of the tyranids for GW's example models.  

bjs.09-00

Mango McCrazy

Chatty Spotter

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:22 pm
I just got the Assault on Black Reach set, but had no money to buy the paint set. I have a bunch of old Testors modeling paints, and a set of paintbrushes I bought at the shop. I've primed my stuff in grey.
I was just wondering if Citadel paint is the only thing compatible with GW's stuff, or if the Testors paint is alright to use.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:23 pm
Mango McCrazy
I just got the Assault on Black Reach set, but had no money to buy the paint set. I have a bunch of old Testors modeling paints, and a set of paintbrushes I bought at the shop. I've primed my stuff in grey.
I was just wondering if Citadel paint is the only thing compatible with GW's stuff, or if the Testors paint is alright to use.

Look into Game paints, also known as Vallejo. to my knoweldge, they work just as good and require less thinning, though thinning still the same.
Testors, I know nothing of. the only stuff I see coem from them though is built for making cars and such, so i would be careful.  

bjs.09-00

Mango McCrazy

Chatty Spotter

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:57 pm
Well, I'll use it and see what happens. It's just Spess Mahreens after all. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 pm
Mango McCrazy

D:  

bjs.09-00

Inenor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:52 pm
anyone think i should use more dry-brushing, fine highlighting or washes on some of those models?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:29 pm
Mango McCrazy

If I recall correctly, Testors paint is enamel paint, yes? Well, if so, you'll get some nicely glossy marines. Just make sure that you're careful or it'll run all over the place.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:53 am
I must oppose the use of Testor! D:

I used such spray paint for some fantasy orcs back in the days, it's glossy and hard to paint on since the paint won't stick that well onto that kind of surface.

Get normal miniature spraypaint, any brand, though GW's my fav, it gives my models a nice matte and smooth cover. wink  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Shinobi_8745
I must oppose the use of Testor! D:

I used such spray paint for some fantasy orcs back in the days, it's glossy and hard to paint on since the paint won't stick that well onto that kind of surface.

Get normal miniature spraypaint, any brand, though GW's my fav, it gives my models a nice matte and smooth cover. wink
Testors has both flat and glossy. Just check the label first; the spray is really good though.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:41 am
Needing help again.
As i am painting, I am noticing I can ever get my dark green to come out right!
I am using Vallejo game paints dark green, and for some reason its coming out of the bottle like it's been thinned already.
when I put it on, it's going on glossy sometimes, or having to put on 40 layers to make a coherent coat. also, what colour from
vallejo would be best for highlighting this colour?
Thanks in advance to any and all.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:25 am
Shake your little bottle of Vallejo well, shake it long and hard. I've had the same trouble with my Middlestone and Crimson. You just need to shake it for several minutes to ensure that the contents are properly mixed. It also helps to paint onto a basecoat that helps the paint adhere better.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:33 am
Im using a vallejo black, heavily thinned as a basecoat. Seems to work pretty well, just have to make sure it doesn't accumulate in the cracks.
Thanks for that tip though, perhaps a 10 minute shake session of all paints is what i need to do before i begin painting.
I feel really sorry for this test marine. he's so..abused. my dark angels very first mini I ever made is better than him in his current state... rolleyes
any tips for using washes with vallejo paints? and how long do you think one bottle of paint would last?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games