Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:12 pm

First, you have completely failed to address the points in regards to what Wica is.

riddle_box_juggalo
I was quoting someone in that, they were not my own words. So chill a bit, will ya?
No. I see no reason to tolerate the perpetuation of bigotry.

You may have been quoting, but your continued and perpetuated the thought when you justified it. You are responsible for your actions.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:14 pm

riddle_box_juggalo
I was quoting someone in that, they were not my own words. So chill a bit, will ya?
well, not to disagree or anything, but, uh, when you did say what was said to you, they did become your words, since they were coming from your mouth. if you don't want to be associated with those words, you shouldn't say 'em, yeah?

by the way, how does everybody like this color? heart 4laugh heart

Runs With Beetles

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Runs With Beetles
by the way, how does everybody like this color?
Meh. Don't really care myself.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Ok people, to avoid anymore flaming I will post my own beliefs.
1: Believe what you want to believe. I don't particularly care what you believe in, just don't try to convert me to it.
2: This whole thing of being a real wiccan doesn't mean a thing to me. I couldn't care less. If you have a problem with how other people follow the religion, bring it to them and not me. I'm HEATHEN, not wiccan.
3: The nympho thing was a quote, not my own words and I do not associate with said person. Intolerance is injustice, or so I believe.
4: If somebody is not of your culture and does something rude or offensive in yours, kindly let them know that what they did offended you and ask them not to do it in your presence.

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:23 pm

TeaDidikai
First, you have completely failed to address the points in regards to what Wica is.

riddle_box_juggalo
No. I see no reason to tolerate the perpetuation of bigotry.

You may have been quoting, but your continued and perpetuated the thought when you justified it. You are responsible for your actions.

Not once did I justify it. Their ignorance and stupidity is not my own. I try to remain neutral as much as I can and don't care very much what people say, but your constant flaming is quite provoking.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:26 pm

riddle_box_juggalo
Drop the persecution complex. No one flamed you.

Quote:

1: Believe what you want to believe. I don't particularly care what you believe in, just don't try to convert me to it.
Hi. Welcome to the Fluffy Pagan Rehabilitation Center. This is a place designed to educate people in responsible paganism. This isn't about converting you. The two people who have addressed you on this subject aren't of the Wica.

This is about keeping people from spreading bad information. Personal, unsupported, refuted opinions that leads others astray don't have any place here as they perpetuate the misguidance that others are here to get help with.
Quote:

2: This whole thing of being a real wiccan doesn't mean a thing to me. I couldn't care less. If you have a problem with how other people follow the religion, bring it to them and not me. I'm HEATHEN, not wiccan.
I have a problem with your actions. I have a problem with your thoughtless perpetuation of misinformation.

You don't know what Wica is. You speak as though you do, and you're perpetuating lies.

Quote:

3: The nympho thing was a quote, not my own words and I do not associate with said person. Intolerance is injustice, or so I believe.
In so much that you applied it here without any correction, you perpetuated it. Be thoughtful next time. You'll come across less insulting.

Or maybe, you might not want to even so much as repeat such at all. You know, that whole Havamal 27 thing and all.

Quote:
4: If somebody is not of your culture and does something rude or offensive in yours, kindly let them know that what they did offended you and ask them not to do it in your presence.
Really? You mean, like I have done several times before and did so here? Good grief. Make your mind up. stare You're starting to contradict yourself in a painfully obvious way.

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:26 pm

riddle_box_juggalo

Well we weren't flaming to begin with wink .

So you don't think that people's beliefs should hold any kinds of standards?
Quote:

So you're okay with other people raping a religion til it's glamorous and fun for them? confused So you're okay too then with the racist white supremacists who promote their hate under the banner of the Nordic gods?
Stay the ******** away from me.

Quote:

By quoting, you are perpetuating that sentiment. This has been covered.

Quote:

And what if the contamination or insult has already been leveled? Some cultures have really extensive purification processes to remove certain kinds of taints. I think in a few cases there is NO way to remove some impurities.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:29 pm

riddle_box_juggalo

Not once did I justify it. Their ignorance and stupidity is not my own. I try to remain neutral as much as I can and don't care very much what people say,
You did when you said "Actually, some wiccans even count that as another sort of pagan religion in itself in order to avoid affiliation with 'those nymphos.'" since you are presenting those who aren't of the Wica as being correct in separating themselves and indulging in Culture Rape and No True Scotsman Fallacies.

Quote:
but your constant flaming is quite provoking.
You don't know what a flame is.

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Violet Song jat Shariff
riddle_box_juggalo

So you're okay with other people raping a religion til it's glamorous and fun for them? confused So you're okay too then with the racist white supremacists who promote their hate under the banner of the Nordic gods?
By the standards presented in this thread by him, wouldn't you be justified in simply claiming that he's not a Heathen by his own application of authority and justification?

I know you never would because you have a standard for Intellectual Honesty, but still, from a theoretical perspective?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:40 pm

For one I AM NOT OKAY WITH THE FACT THAT THOSE RACIST BASTARDS MARCH UNDER THE BANNER OF THE NORSE GODS! They are gods I revere and hate to see it, and when I go to war, I hate the fact that I am fighting for them as well. I do apologize if I made it seem I was sympathetic with those who said what I quoted, but I am not. And people learn differently in the world, and those with cultures that are like you said will have to learn tolerance of others sooner or later. I'm not saying that they must as of now, but people must learn there are countless ways of life.

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:46 pm

TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
riddle_box_juggalo

By the standards presented in this thread by him, wouldn't you be justified in simply claiming that he's not a Heathen by his own application of authority and justification?

I know you never would because you have a standard for Intellectual Honesty, but still, from a theoretical perspective?

By his own application? It'd definitely be a stretch. I'd have to squint and c**k my head slightly to the left in just the correct lighting to see a solid claim to the title wink .
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:48 pm

riddle_box_juggalo
For one I AM NOT OKAY WITH THE FACT THAT THOSE RACIST BASTARDS MARCH UNDER THE BANNER OF THE NORSE GODS! They are gods I revere and hate to see it, and when I go to war, I hate the fact that I am fighting for them as well.

You are a soldier then?
Or are you using war to refer to some other issue?
Quote:
I do apologize if I made it seem I was sympathetic with those who said what I quoted, but I am not.

No, it was your ambivalence at the actions of people as they erode away the core of what a religion is that prompted me to ask. Why should raping one religion be okay, but not another? How do you justify that?
Quote:
And people learn differently in the world, and those with cultures that are like you said will have to learn tolerance of others sooner or later. I'm not saying that they must as of now, but people must learn there are countless ways of life.

I prefer to think sooner would be better wink .

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:58 pm

I am a soldier. I am private first class Ball in the 469th medical company. 2nd platoon, first squad. I do not agree with their beliefs, in fact I would rather put a bullet between their eyes instead of let them carry on. But in order to protect the beliefs of others and the freedoms we all enjoy, I must protect theirs as well. And please do not question my faith, that really gets under my skin. I do not justify the raping of any religion, but what on earth am I supposed to do to stop them? I follow Tyr, but I have no power in correcting that. And sooner would most agreeably be better.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:03 pm

riddle_box_juggalo
I am a soldier. I am private first class Ball in the 469th medical company. 2nd platoon, first squad. I do not agree with their beliefs, in fact I would rather put a bullet between their eyes instead of let them carry on. But in order to protect the beliefs of others and the freedoms we all enjoy, I must protect theirs as well. And please do not question my faith, that really gets under my skin. I do not justify the raping of any religion, but what on earth am I supposed to do to stop them? I follow Tyr, but I have no power in correcting that. And sooner would most agreeably be better.

Nice. My brother is an Infantryman.

Get used to it. What good are your beliefs if you don't allow them to be questioned? How strong is your faith really if it is never questioned or critiqued? When someone is questioning your beliefs, it is not always an attack. It can be uncomfortable, but more often than not you could out on the other side better for it.

Correct people when you see them spreading the misinformation. Read up and listen to people who are actually a member of that faith (and can verify it where applicable) to become more educated on the faith and the whys and hows and whens of it.

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:10 pm

I hope I don't have to meet him. I'm a medic that rides in an ambulance on the front lines.

I don't believe I have any right to do so since I am not wiccan myself. Call it a personal thing.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games