Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Release thread - Horus Heresy & 7TV Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:15 am

Lt. Brookman
The Zone Mortalis rules are decent enough, the tiles are the problem: too expensive. To properly play ZM you need at least three to four of those sets, a whopping £360,--!

I made my own tiles some years back.
Simply put, get A4-sided (permanent)sticker paper, scan in chosen tiles in the computer, print them out on said sticker paper, get thick cardboard, remove the protective back from the A4 stickers, and put the stickers on the cardboard.
.... Or simply draw and paint the board directly on the cardboard.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 pm

DarkElf27
Asmondai
Look what the people in Forgeworld have created. ninja

Zone Mortalis
an experimantal rules for deadly close-quarter battles in the
labyrinths and vaults of the 41st millenium!
I can see this combining well with the modulized ship terrain from Space Hulk. 3nodding

My thoughts exactly. :3
High-Fives!

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Asmondai
DarkElf27
Asmondai

Zone Mortalis
I can see this combining well with the modulized ship terrain from Space Hulk. 3nodding

High-Fives!
Have to disagree there, Space Hulk tiles have corridors on them barely big enough to hold 40mm bases, the ZM tiles have corridors large enough to allow 60mm or even certain vehicles types through.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:58 am

Lt. Brookman
Asmondai
DarkElf27
Asmondai

Zone Mortalis

High-Fives!
Have to disagree there, Space Hulk tiles have corridors on them barely big enough to hold 40mm bases, the ZM tiles have corridors large enough to allow 60mm or even certain vehicles types through.

Trueeeeeeeee, but that wouldn´t be that big of a deal really.

I mean, why would I bring anything bigger then a terminators into
corridor battles?
It´s like bringing a Tank Company into Cities of Death battles... <.<"

Plus it´s cheaper. :p
To you, the £360 is almost 430€´s in europe. <.<"
And I bought my spacehulk set for 90€´s. o.o"

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 am

Looks like I'm dropping my Yanks in favour of Reds if I am to stand a chance against the Krauts of my brother.

Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No other nation in the world has endured as much punishment. No other bloc has suffered as many casualties, destroyed lands, or plundered resources. But now it’s 1947, and with this new year comes a new dawn. This is the year of the SSU, the Red Tide that will engulf the whole world.
-Operation “Zverograd” rulebook

As the arrival of Operation “Zverograd” nears, Dust Tactics players no doubt want to know more about this new campaign expansion. Throughout a series of previews over the coming weeks, you can explore all of the exciting new features of this operation, starting with a closer look at Koshka and her walker “Grand’ma.” This pairing represents the first hero for the SSU and also the first hero that pilots a walker in Dust Tactics.

The bravest of warriors
SMERSH agent Captain Koshka Rudinova is a legendary figure in the SSU. Joining the Red Cadets at the tender age of 15, she has been promoted to a position where she commands her own regiment. Adept in close combat, and also skilled with ranged weapons, Koshka has unnaturally fine piloting skills when operating “Grand’ma.” While rumors of a romantic involvement between Koshka and a certain Allied captain remain persistent, the fact remains that Koshka is one of the finest soldiers in the SSU army.

“Grand’ma” is a standard KV47 Walker that has been modified to Koshka’s specifications. Instead of the usual twin weapon configuration, “Grand’ma” is equipped with a VK-916 Howitzer and a Sulfur Jet, giving the vehicle flexibility in any combat situation. Another feature of this walker is the familiar Assault ability, which temporarily increases its speed, a useful addition whether attacking at close range, or just maneuvering into an optimal firing location.

While piloting “Grand’ma,” Koshka has many options on how to attack the enemy. In particular, her Fighting Spirit ability allows her to, once per game and only after moving, treat hits as misses and misses as hits. A player must declare they are using this ability before making an attack roll. For example, when she uses Fighting Spirit, she treats one hit and three miss results as three hits and one miss. Obviously this is a most valuable ability, but she can only use it while piloting her walker, so you’ll want to make sure you use this powerful ability before it’s too late.

Should “Grand’ma” be destroyed during a game, Koshka carries on by herself. Armed with a Grenade Pistol that ignores cover values, she can still prove to be a thorn in the opponent’s side.

Koshka is a potent first hero for the SSU forces, and soon she will be able to lead an entire SSU battle force. Check back regularly for more previews of the newest Dust Tactics campaign expansion Operation “Zverograd” and the other upcoming SSU releases. Operation “Zverograd” and the SSU expansions Airborne Transport, KV47 Walker, SSU Close Combat Squad, SSU Battle Squad, and SSU Command Squad will be released simultaneously in the second quarter, so be sure to pre-order these items from your retailer so you can field your own SSU army.

Don’t forget to submit your walker creations to the Dust Tactics Walker Conversion Contest. The lucky winners of this contest will have their creation made into a production model available from www.dust-models.com!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:10 am

From Forge World, two new releases for Warhammer Fantasy Battles:

SKIN WOLVES

Quote:
Many are the dark and nightmarish horrors that the Ruinous Powers have visited upon the world, yet few are as strange as the Skin Wolves of legend. The witch-curs’d and Chaos-tainted men and women afflicted with this gift from their unholy gods bear a mutation that does not show as a stigmata of the flesh, but instead lurks in the blood, a slumbering beast to be roused by dark sacrifice and unspeakable ritual.

When this horror is unleashed, there is no mere transformation from man into beast; instead a great humanoid wolf-thing bursts fully-formed from the body of the human. Lean and half-insane with Chaos-tainted hunger, the Skin Wolf is so-named for the scraps and tatters of flesh and chunks of gristle that cling to its hulking frame; all that remains of the human form it once bore. Only once battle is spent and their voracious hunger sated will the transformation be reversed, the flesh of the Skin Wolf collapsing into a pallid and terrible mass from which the human must tear itself free.

The Skin Wolves set contains three multi-part resin figures. Models designed by Keith Robertson. This kit is available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 30th March. A set of experimental rules that allow the Skin Wolves to be used alongside any Warhammer army in Storm of Magic games can be downloaded now, taken from the forthcoming Monstrous Arcanum book.

Experimental rules

ARCANE FROGS

Quote:
The physical effect of a Storm of Magic on the Warhammer world is most often visible in the great Arcane Fulcrums that rear from the earth, drawn forth by the howling gales of sorcerous power. Controlling and channelling such unimaginable energy is not without its risks however, and if it goes awry dramatic and sudden transformations can occur, leaving once-mighty spell casters no more than bloated amphibians atop their eldritch perches.

Models designed by Mark Bedford and Thais Mariblanca Lopez. The Arcane Frogs set comprises two resin miniatures. These models can be pre-ordered now for despatch from Friday the 30th of March.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 am

From the Black Library comes the Print On Demand novel for March:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/necromunda-omnibus-2.html

Quote:
This omnibus edition includes three full novels as well as five short stories by Jonathan Green featuring the mysterious bounty hunter Nathan Creed and a novella by Simon Jowett.

Fleshworks - Lucien Soulban:Uriah Storm faces a small problem in getting hold of new bio-implants – their previous owners are still alive.
Back From the Dead - Nick Kyme: A deadly plague and a desperate girl cause problems for former enforcer Erik Bane.
Outlander - Matt Keefe: sees religious zealots flock to a mysterious stranger – but can they trust his motives?
Bad Spirits – Jonathan Green: Bounty hunter Nathan Creed tracks a monstrous creature that has decimated a ratskin camp. What could this monster be and what are its origins?
Mama’s Boys – Jonathan Green: Hunting the scavvy cannibal Django Kaynn, Nathan Creed finds himself beset by mutants eager to recapture the twisted killer.
Boyz in the Hive – Jonathan Green: Nathan Creed faces his most dangerous foe yet: a savage greenskinned ork that has escaped from an uphive zoo.
Firestarter – Jonathan Green: Nathan Creed tangles with a fearsome mutant with power over fire – but the mutant’s power is rapidly growing out of control…
Bad Medicine – Jonathan Green: The Death Walker, terror of the Underhive, is on the prowl. His target? Nathan Creed.
Descent – Simon Jowett: Seeking a haul that will make them rich and hunted by pirates, spiders and worse, the crew of the sump submarine Queequeg struggle for survival.

Well worth getting if only for the story Outlander and the compilation of short stories from days gone by..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:17 am

From my friends at Warlord Games sadly not a whole lot, though we have this beaut:

The Landing Vehicle Tracked (LVT) a small amphibious landing craft, introduced by the United States Navy, Marine Corps and Army during World War II. Although conceived to ferry supplies from ship to shore, the LVTs were quickly pressed into service as assault and fire support vehicles in their own right. As is often the way, troops quickly nicknamed the LVTs as amphtrack, amtrak, amtrac etc., as a shortening of ‘amphibious tractor’.

Get her here: http://store.warlordgames.com/lvt-4-buffalo-allied-amtrac-8317-p.asp

Also new, ruined plastic hamlets, three per box, suited for Napoleonics all the way up to WWII and beyond:

Get them here: http://store.warlordgames.com/pre-order-ruined-hamlet-8252-p.asp

Another fun release, firepower lights!

Spoken demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj9yc1ltIR8&feature=player_embedded

Buy them here: http://store.warlordgames.com/volleyfire-lights-8302-p.asp

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Something new for the FFG production Black Crusade: http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3119

Quote:

“Your naiveté amuses me, child. There is no Fate. There is only the Will of Tzeentch."
–Verial Jenneque, Sorceress of Q’Sal

Tzeentch, the Chaos God of Change, weaves the unfathomable strands of Fate from his Impossible Labyrinth deep within the warp. For the innumerable masses, Fate is a cruel and arbitrary force...but for the Tzeentch’s chosen few, it is a path to ultimate power.

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Tome of Fate, a supplement for Black Crusade! The first of four books delving into the darkest secrets of the Ruinous Powers, The Tome of Fate presents invaluable information on the Lord of Lies. In its pages, players will learn of his dark servants, both daemonic and mortal, and how his influence is felt across the Screaming Vortex. With new weapons and psychic powers to aid them, Heretics can go forth across that unholy stretch of stars and beyond into the depths of the fallen Imperium, ready to challenge Fate and make it their own.

A force to be feared...or studied

What is Fate? For many Heretics, Fate is what they have fought against their entire lives. It was cruel Fate that led xenos raiders to burn their family to broken cinders, capricious Fate that caused their lesser sibling to gain the family title instead of themselves, uncaring Fate that led the Inquisition to mistakenly torture them as a traitor and thus make them one. Fate has made them into Heretics, and thus they hate it as much as they hate the Imperium itself.

Others with a greater knowledge and appreciation of the True Mysteries know that Fate is never random or meaningless, no blind series of happenstance or coincidence. There is a Grand Scheme to all things, and thus a Grand Schemer. That Schemer is the Chaos Power known as Tzeentch. Those following this god strive to know his ways, and thus the hidden threads that bind all things to his will in the vast tapestry that is Fate itself. Such an effort is surely futile, for no mortal mind can possibly comprehend such infinite complexity, but even small glimmers of the Will of Tzeentch allow for more power than could be imagined. To gain such power, many Heretics are willing to risk all, including madness or mutation, for they know that either they must control their Fate, or Fate will control them.

Sorcery, change, and lies

The Tome of Fate introduces four new Tzeentch-centric Heretic Archetypes, as well as foul daemons, arcane weaponry, mighty daemon engines, and vile minions for followers of the Master of Fate. Players of all alignments will also gain potent new psychic powers and daemonic rites to fuel their struggle against the hated Imperium. The fallen forges of the Hollows, the mutants of Dread Korvaska, and the ancient Necrons awakening from within the Pillars of Eternity: these and other secrets of the Screaming Vortex shall stand revealed. All this and more lies within The Tome of Fate, including a dangerous new adventure on the sorcerous world of Q’Sal!

Do you possess the force of will to stand among Tzeentch’s chosen? Check back in the coming weeks as we preview The Tome of Fate, and look for it on store shelves in the second quarter of 2012!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:26 am

So, a question on the Finecast. I was told by my local gaming store that, as result of the switch to Finecast resin models, GW was no longer manufacturing any of their pewter models at all, to include their runs that haven't been converted to plastic or Finecast yet. Does this mean that they're simply selling off remaining stock with the ones remaining on the website, and that the pewter models will be unavailable as soon as they happen to run out?

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:32 am

DarkElf27
So, a question on the Finecast. I was told by my local gaming store that, as result of the switch to Finecast resin models, GW was no longer manufacturing any of their pewter models at all, to include their runs that haven't been converted to plastic or Finecast yet. Does this mean that they're simply selling off remaining stock with the ones remaining on the website, and that the pewter models will be unavailable as soon as they happen to run out?
Not really no. Though when GW or your stockist tells you a certain metal model is unavailable, you can bet on it that it will be released in a few month as a Finecast or plastic kit.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:40 am

Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Not really no. Though when GW or your stockist tells you a certain metal model is unavailable, you can bet on it that it will be released in a few month as a Finecast or plastic kit.
Hm, alright. I think the guy I was talking to was wrong, he said that GW wasn't manufacturing any pewter minis as it stands right now.

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 am

DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Hm, alright. I think the guy I was talking to was wrong, he said that GW wasn't manufacturing any pewter minis as it stands right now.
New ones, no? But those currently out there with no Finecast version, those are still cast up.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 am

Lt. Brookman
New ones, no? But those currently out there with no Finecast version, those are still cast up.
He was actually using it as an excuse as to why there were no 40k blisters on his wall except a handful of Finecast ones. rolleyes

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 am

DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
He was actually using it as an excuse as to why there were no 40k blisters on his wall except a handful of Finecast ones. rolleyes
In all honestly, can't blame independent stockists for ditching the old blisters and only stocking the clamshells these days. My own FLGS does the same, even going as far as giving 20% off on metal blisters.
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games