Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[-][L-A][P-1x1] .:A Not-So-Classic Romance:. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:31 pm

"Ah yes.... the dinner party..." the Duke spoke, thinking over the matter for a long moment.

He just barely noticed the very subtle wince that passed behind his son's eyes.
Knowing that Eduard would have hated to have his father at such a galla... prompted the man's answer even more.

"I shall be staying for the party, though afterward I will be retiring to the manor in the heart of London. I have some business to attend to with his majesty, and I would hate to keep him waiting for my carriage." his eyes focused suddenly on the young master of the manor. "Which reminds me, Eduard... I heard also that your appearance when in town has been less than it's best. I take it the weather in London has been rainy of late."

For just a split second, Eduard hesitated. "That it has. I fear the weather has put me a bit, under the weather itself so to speak. Though one can hardly blame..."

"You have been arriving to parties and gala events drenched to the bone, Eduard." the Duke spoke, his tone dipping just enough to show his displeasure. "Rumors will spread if you continue this in my absence. Rumors, no doubt, started by Rutherford. His peers may think the favor of the Michaels line has fallen from that of His Majesty and that we can ill afford a coachman. To save face, I ask that you refrain from meandering through the streets of London."

Eduard, always the polite son, nodded with a hint of a smile on his face. "As you wish, father. I shall make sure to take the carriage when going into town from now on."

There was a slight cough from behind both Eduard and Rosaline, as Sebastian was standing there. "If I may be so bold, Duke Michaels.... you have had a long journey and preparations must still be made for the dinner party tonight. Would you like me to prepare a room for..."
"No need, Sebastian." the Duke replied with a friendly smile. He stood, looking pointedly at his son for a moment. "I wouldn't want to intrude on the time these two have with one another, any longer than need be. I will retire to the city until the party tonight."
Bowing, the butler exited the room, intent on calling for a coachman.

With that, the Duke turned to the Lady Rosaline, just as Eduard stood politely. "Mi'lady," he spoke, taking one of Rosaline's hands gently in his own, before placing a gentle kiss upon the top. "I look forward to speaking with you further this evening."
Turning to his son, the Duke smiled. "And you, Eduard... I expect you to be in top form tonight. Snubbing Rutherford further will be detrimental to our position... thus I have take the pleasure of inviting him to this dinner as well."
He didn't miss the twinge of anger in his son's violet eyes.
"Until tonight then..." Duke Michaels spoke before exiting the parlour and, not long later, leaving the manner altogether.

For a very long moment, Eduard didn't say or do anything. He simply stood at the window, watching the Duke's carriage eventually disappear into the distance...

(((OOC: OMG! LOOK WHO POSTED!)))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:02 pm
P e t e r - W i n t e r s

"Mi'lady, I look forward to speaking with you further this evening."
Rosaline smiled as graciously as she could at the Duke as her hand was gently kissed. She curtsied lightly as the Duke retreated, replying, "Likewise, Duke Michaels." The blush gracing her cheeks was the perfect icing to the cake.

Peter glanced over at Eduard when his father mentioned inviting Rutherford, and he caught the quick flash of anger. Peter sighed inwardly; he wasn't sure that he'd ever figure out the relationship between father and son, or the personality and tendencies of the father either. Duke Michaels was a tough figure full of surprises.

After a while of silence while Eduard watched his father's carriage disappear out the window, Peter approached him quietly and decided that the mood was a bit too heavy for him.
He pounced on Eduard from behind, grabbing him in a very unladylike hug around his waist.
"Don't look so disturbed. Frowns make you look ugly."
Relaxing his grip around Eduard's waist a little, Peter laughed airily.
"Your father's an interesting character... I'm not sure if it's my place to say this, but don't let his words get to you. You know the reasons behind your actions, even if I don't"—Peter was referencing the whole deal about the carriages and rain, about which he still didn't know—"and I'm sure they're sound."
Lowering his voice to a contemplative, slightly abstracted tone, Peter added, "You're a good man, Eduard..."
There was a lot more weight to that statement than the obvious, and Peter was sure that Eduard sensed that. Though Peter himself barely knew the complete weight of his statement to begin with.

L a d y - R o s a l i n e

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:10 pm

"A good man would be able to explain his actions." Eduard replied softly, actually glad for the physical contact.
It brought his mind back to the current moment... and away from things he would rather forget.
Forgoing an obvious conversation regarding the carriage exchange, the Marquess turned and looked down at Peter.
He smiled softly, "Then I'll refrain from frowning. Besides, that could have gone far worse... and in all honesty, I expected it to." Eduard put his hands on Peter's shoulders. "You did splendidly, Peter. Calm under pressure." the man's smile widened and he laughed softly. "The perfect lady if I must say so. I've no doubt my father wishes to observe you in the company of others this evening... but at least you won't be interrogated."
'Yet...' the Marquess thought to himself.
He knew that the Duke would eventually corner the Lady Rosaline for a private conversation, and when that happened, it would be rather difficult to gain entry to their meeting.
But leaving Peter alone with the Duke was something that Eduard never wanted to see happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:40 am

Peter smiled when Eduard did, glad that the man finally stopped looking so disturbed from their meeting. Peter felt that it had gone all right, and he hoped that Eduard did too—after all, it was Eduard's opinion that mattered more, since it was his society, his manor, and his father. Peter was only here as an actor. It wouldn't affect him in the long run.
Peter's smile widened when Eduard praised him for his conduct, bringing a soft blush to grace his already flushed cheeks. Why did Eduard have to sound so... graceful and suave all the time, no matter the words that were coming out of his mouth? Peter found himself constantly drawn to the sound of the Marquess's voice whenever he was in search of comfort or joy. It really was quite odd.

"... But at least you won't be interrogated."

Peter thought the same thought as Eduard. It was only a matter of time—Peter thought, from what he had gleaned about Eduard's father from their meeting just then—before the interrogation happened. But Peter was glad that he had at least met the Duke in relative privacy, to see how the Duke acted when not in the eye of society. Of course, Peter had the notion that the Duke acted differently when not in the eye of his son also.

Peter smiled very softly, averting his eyes to where his right hand was now playing with the material on Eduard's sleeve absentmindedly.
"You know... After tonight's little meeting, I'm a bit more terrified of such an interrogation," he murmured, still observing his hand. "But I feel quite at peace when I remember that it's for the betterment of your life. Don't worry, Eduard. Think about it in the long run... You'll be happily married, then divorced. You'll gain your inheritance from your father... Then you can go off with your freedom and possibly, one day, I hope find someone you love to spend your life with."
Frowning just slightly, almost as if he was playing around with an idea within his head, Peter finally looked up. He also stopped fidgeting with the sleeve.
"I don't know why you choose to worry so much over me, except that it is your fate that I am sealing through meeting your father. I understand that part, but... Don't worry too much. If it's for you, I feel that I'll succeed." He flashed Eduard a bright smile before continuing. "But you don't really have to worry about me. After this, I'm gone. Back to the theatre with Mister Bradley. This is your fate I'm handling, not my own."

Peter really was puzzled as to why Eduard always seemed to care so much—about Peter's life and well being, that is. Sure, he was quite different than all the other aristocrats, and kind too, but they wouldn't even know each other anymore after this one job. It would be unseemly if they did. Sure, Eduard would probably assure that Peter started off well again, but beyond that, too much action from Eduard would make things suspicious after the 'divorce.'

((CRACK! Written in about... I don't know... seven minutes? >_<))

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Eduard shook his head, looking down at Peter with an expression that literally showed his every feeling right then.
"You don't understand, do you, Peter?" the man asked, hardly noticing that the actor had been fidgeting with his sleeve. "If you're discovered, you'll probably be thrown in prison or worse, under the act of impersonation, lying, and subterfuge. Who knows what other charges could be brought to bear as well. As for me, if you're found out, I simply lose my father's fortune and title. I think prison is a far worse outcome than being penniless."

Besides, there was always the off chance that the Marquess could actually have a career as a thespian...

Sighing, Eduard put an arm around Peter's shoulders. "But I have faith in you, Peter... I have since I first met you. Your acting is flawless and perfect. If anyone can fool the Duke... it's you."

The temptation was too great, and Eduard found himself placing a soft kiss to 'Rosaline's' forehead. "Besides... I wouldn't dream of letting you face my father, or anyone for that matter, alone. Not again... got it?"

But why did he care?
Eduard didn't really understand it himself. Of course he felt that Peter deserved to be protected as much as possible, since in truth it was really just Eduard himself that was going to prosper from this arrangement.
But there was something else...
He wanted to keep Peter safe from what 'could be'...
If someone were going to hang for this, Eduard wanted to be in the noose himself.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Peter was touched that this nobleman cared for his fate so much. His view of noblemen from the first days that he could ever think hadn't changed through his encounter with Eduard—he merely viewed Eduard as odd. But that was a good thing, in Peter's book. Peter gave Eduard a small smile and laughed to lighten the mood just a little. It had gotten too serious for his tastes.

Blushing a startling shade, mostly due to the soft kiss placed on his forehead, Peter averted his gaze for a moment before replying. "Thank you... I'll make sure not to end up in prison or sent to the noose for your sake, dear Marquess... though, only if you promise the same." A small amused smile played at Peter's lips.
He was actually very happy that Eduard was so protective of him, which was a reaction that he himself hadn't expected. Peter thought of himself as relatively independent and able to fend for himself; never before had he ever sought for someone's protection. But now that he had it, Peter found himself thrown into a silent but serene bliss.
And oddly enough, he felt like giving Eduard a kiss all of a sudden. It just seemed right in the moment, but Peter found himself with enough restrain that he only started, then stopped when he realized what he was doing. That was an acting thing. There was no role to be played at the moment.
What am I thinking?
Blushing again, Peter hoped that Eduard hadn't realized his sudden beginning to a kiss. It was embarrassing enough for the actor that he had even thought about doing it in the first place when there was no Rosaline role to be had.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:32 pm

"I've no intention of..." but whatever Eduard was going to say was cut short when he realized that Peter had fully intended to kiss him suddenly.
When the young man pulled away quickly however, the Marquess caught the blush... and he just couldn't help it.
Leaning forward just a tad, Eduard's lips claimed those of Peter, and for a long moment, he just stood there, his 'Lady Rosaline' right there.
It was so easy to disguise... even if his father had seen them, it would be so easy to play it off as the kiss of two lovers.
And yet...

After a moment, Eduard finally pulled back. "Forgive me..." the Marquess whispered softly. "You just seemed like you wanted a kiss in that moment..."

'What the hell is wrong with me?! Peter isn't Rosaline. Not really. She's a figment of our imagination. A part in a mere play! Why do I... why...'

Shaking his head slightly, Eduard focused his violet gaze out the window once more. "I don't plan on going to the gallows over this deception." he replied, voice calm and collected.
His perfect mask of nobility fixed in place to hide his own inner uncertainty.
"And I'm going to keep caring about you, Peter... you're not just playing a role for me... you are an important friend to me. Not some hired hand."

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:07 pm
P e t e r - R o s e

Peter blushed at the kiss. Sure, he had wanted it, but he hadn't really expected it. That's why he had stopped himself. Eduard's continuation of it was quite unexpected, though not unwelcome. Peter fell into the kiss easier than he would have liked to, and found that he actually was disappointed when Eduard pulled away. Nope. That wasn't at all a good sign.

"Forgive me... You just seemed like you wanted a kiss in that moment..."

A deep crimson tinged Peter's cheeks and he averted his eyes. Caught up in the recent kiss, the rest of Eduard's words after that were a little lost on Peter. Peter stepped back from Eduard and placed his hands at the side of his dress, staring down at the ground, contemplating what to say. The kiss had pleased him, and for some reason, he didn't like that, yet he loved it very much at the same time. God why did things have to be so confusing all of a sudden?

A certain thought suddenly struck Peter and he tensed a little. Pushing aside the thought that he had actually enjoyed the kiss in the way that he probably shouldn't have, Peter's mind wandered to something else temporarily.
There had been no reason for that kiss. Eduard's father was out of the way, and there was really no pretense of Rosaline between them at the moment, right? Or at least, there had been no need for one. Not seeing the possibility that the kiss might have subconsciously been one between Peter and Eduard, rather than the Marquess and Rosaline, Peter found himself a little worried and alarmed.

"Eduard..." His voice was little more than a whisper, his eyes still averted to the ground. "Are you... falling in love with Rosaline?" This could be bad if Eduard was really starting to develop real feelings toward Rosaline, the fictional character between them. This would make things a lot more complicated in the end if Eduard really started loving Rosaline... And Eduard had said himself that it took a lot to get him to fall in love. Why then did it have to be Rosaline, a woman that wasn't even real? Oh dear god...

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:55 pm

"Eduard... Are you... falling in love with Rosaline?"

That wasn't exactly a question which Eduard wished to answer... nor even contemplate.
But the more he thought about it... the more the young man had to question himself on the matter.
On the one hand, he HAD been kissing Peter quite intimately before now, and while he had chalked it up to some base urge...
Eduard really didn't know if he could keep explaining it away in such a manner.
The Marquess hadn't been with a woman, a real woman, in a bit due to this secret lie, and he had blamed everything on that before, saying something to the effect that it was Rosaline that he was so attracted to and nothing more.
And yet...
Peter always seemed to ready to dismiss Eduard's notions to some deep down love of his portrayed character.
But was it really?

"No, Peter... I don't think I'm falling in love with Rosaline." the Marquess replied, violet eyes focusing on the actor. "Why ask such a thing? You simply looked as if you wanted a kiss... so I obliged. If..." he paused for a moment. "If I've overstepped any boundaries please, let me know. I didn't mean for it to upset you. That was not my intention..."

'But then what WAS my intention?' the young man found himself pondering.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Eduard's reply was a little unexpected to the young actor. Well, he did expect the denial of Eduard's love interest in Rosaline, but he hadn't expected the explanation that would follow.
Peter trusted Eduard to be a man who spoke the truth when it came to matters like this, and Peter valued himself to be one of the few people to whom Eduard would be truthful. Of course, that didn't mean that Eduard couldn't be suffering from denial himself. That was highly possible, and that was what Peter suspected. After all, that kiss wasn't just a kiss. At least, it didn't seem that way to the young actor. Perhaps Peter was looking into it too much though.
But Peter didn't want to think about what other possibilities there could be if Eduard wasn't in love with Rosaline... That kiss...

Peter blushed when he thought back to that kiss, of which he felt he enjoyed far more than he should have. That blush combined with the one that he had already established on his fair cheeks due to Eduard's comment about overstepping his boundaries to make a very pleasing and beautiful array of color and complexion.
"It's not that you've overstepped any boundaries..."
Peter wasn't sure how to pose the question that was on the forefront of his mind at the moment. Surely it would seem too prying?
In the end, Peter decided not to ask it. Asking someone if they gave kisses away so easily was a very personal question. Peter was afraid of offending the Marquess, for though they had a closer relationship than Peter would have ever expected, Peter was still afraid of offending Eduard or getting Eduard angry somewhere deep down.

Finally, the young actor managed a bright, though still flushed, smile and looked up at Eduard.
"You didn't overstep any boundaries, I assure you, dear Marquess." It was probably obvious to Eduard that Peter was hiding something, for Peter had unknowingly reverted to calling Eduard 'Marquess' again. Peter laughed lightly, acting at its best. Only a person who knew him well, or was an equally good or better actor could see through it. Eduard definitely fit into more than one of those categories.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:25 pm

It may have been acting at it's best... but it didn't fool Eduard.
"No..." the Marquess replied, watching Peter closely for a moment. "It did offend. I'm sorry." the main straightened a bit more, averting his gaze from the actor and to the scenery outside the sitting room window.
The party would be soon... they should really start getting ready...
"You only address me that way when you're Rosaline, Peter." he spoke carefully. "Or, when you're afraid to say something to me. I'm taking it to mean the latter. I truly didn't wish to make you uncomfortable."

Though, a part of the young man, was suddenly rather sad. It meant that Peter didn't fully trust him, and that was a slight sobering notion. In truth, he had thought that they had moved beyond that commoner, noble, sort of relationship.
But it seemed...

Turning back to the actor, Eduard smiled slightly, "Come, we should be preparing for the party tonight." and without another word, Eduard left the window and passed by Peter, heading toward the door.
He wasn't angry... far from it. He wasn't offended either. He was disappointed and sad... nothing more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:33 am

Peter could tell that something was wrong on Eduard's side too when Eduard swept past him in such a manner, heading toward the door. There was a certain brusqueness that signified Eduard's slight displeasure or discomfort. Peter didn't really want to talk about the matter either, for his mind was off in very... interesting places—he was quite sure that Eduard was perturbed for different reasons than Peter's own. Nevertheless, Peter didn't want the party and its guests to be hampered by the delicate air that was currently enveloping Eduard and Peter. Still, they were both great actors; perhaps they could pull the night off and talk about the matter later. For Peter did, indeed, have one question for the marquess, but he wasn't sure whether or not it would get him thrown out of the house, or even worse, in jail. It might not then be a good idea to ask it right at the beginning of the party.

Peter turned around silently and followed Eduard out, trailing behind the man. "Eduard..." Peter started, wanting to say something about how he was sorry, but he stopped. He knew that it had been something that he had said that had caused Eduard to be so disturbed, but he wasn't sure what exactly—and because of that, he couldn't apologize. Apologies mean nothing if the person apologizing doesn't know what they had done wrong. "I hope..." Peter finally continued, "that we can talk about this later."

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:47 am

Stopping, the Marquess turned to Peter with a very slight smile. "I would rather we speak of it now." Eduard replied seriously, folding his arms over his chest.
He wasn't angry... and he wanted the young actor to know that.

"I... I'm not mad at you. I don't want to avoid you. Peter, you're... you're hiding something from me." Eduard spoke softly. "As I said, you only address me like that when you're acting, and you should know by now, Peter, that you don't have to act around me when we are alone. It..." the Marquess uncrossed his arms and shrugged, finding himself slightly unable to express what was wrong. "It disappoints me that you can not trust me to seriously listen... I suppose I am sad... but not angry."

For a moment, Eduard wondered if he would make Peter mad at him. But in all honesty, the Marquess wanted the young man to put great trust in him.
After all... Eduard was putting all of his trust in the actor.
If he had known that Peter had a burning question, the violet haired man would have welcomed that question.
He had, after all, told Peter before, that the young man would never offend him.

Truth.... Honesty.... Loyalty.... Trust....

They were such important virtues... but that didn't make them simple.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 am

Peter blushed, stopping when Eduard did. He tried to make eye contact with the Marquess as the Marquess spoke, but found it a little hard. Peter knew the thought that had went through his mind, and Eduard's words made him think back to that. As he listened, the only thought that went through his mind was that if Eduard knew the question, Eduard would probably have wished for Peter to keep it to himself. Since otherwise, Peter would still have been staying and acting his role as Rosaline, and not packing up his items to go—if Eduard wasn't offended enough to even let Peter gather up his items before tossing him out.

When Eduard finished talking, Peter gave off a soft chuckle. He leaned against the wall a little, facing the opposite one and not the Marquess. Glancing up at the ceiling for just a moment, Peter closed his eyes and took a deep breath, cheeks still pink. Since Eduard was so intent with this, the thoughts might as well get out. Now Peter was just feeling a little reckless.

"M-mar—Eduard..." Peter trailed off, not sure how to go about this. The actor tried to look over at Eduard and make some eye contact, but found it impossible considering the subject that he knew he was about to breach.
"I-it's not a p-problem of"—the stuttering had come back to show just how nervous Peter was at the moment—"you s-seriously listening... I w-wish that y-you'd take it a-as a joke, actually." Peter chuckled a little, though there was a faint nervousness and perhaps a slight little hysteria in it. God he was about to say something really stupid, wasn't he? Go ahead and breach the subject that could get you in prison. Can't get more taboo unless you mention sex too... And to a Marquess at that... Peter, what's happened to you?

Peter opened his mouth a few times, but just closed it again, not sure how to go about things from here. Finally, the young actor murmured, "I-I trust you, E-Eduard... But d-don't you h-have certain obligations a-at your s-stature? Though w-we're not quite p-peasant a-and l-lord, nevertheless... t-there are just s-some things that a-aren't talked about..." Peter swallowed loudly, both hoping that the subject would drop, due to its forbidden nature on so many levels, but hoping that Eduard would pursue it just so that Peter's curiosity at his question could eventually be put to rest.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:44 pm

"Peter..." Eduard watched the young actor, wondering if the man was going to be stuck in his stuttering ways forever after this.
Apparently it was all a shock to Peter... and the man seemed to be nervous beyond recall.

Sighing softly, the Marquess moved across the hall. He reached out one hand, placing the tips of his fingers beneath Eduard's chin and forcing the actor to look at him.
"Why are you so nervous?" the violet-haired man asked. "What obligations? I thought we had gone over this lord and peasant talk before... I'm not like that. You don't have to stand on ceremony around me." Eduard smiled gently, trying to put Peter at ease. "Whatever you wish to ask or to say, please do, Peter... How can I know what these 'things that aren't talked about' are... if you don't give your thoughts true voice?"

It was a valid question.
Besides, the Marquess was far too curious to not let the subject drop now.
Peter seemed a stuttering wreck, far from the calm and controlled actor who portrayed Rosaline. He was nervous... frightened... and apparently shy and embarrassed to boot.

"You can tell me anything, Peter." Eduard prompted, quite serious about that.

[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff