Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:57 am
The painting was a base of chaos black with progressive highlights of fortress grey, the wash was badab black. I had the highlights so bright I was using FG right out of the bottle... the end result... I might as well have used chaos black and a 50/50 mix of shadow grey... I have no idea how that works.

In my 'good old days' of black ink, it would darken the highlights but maintain the gradients with just a touch of water added to lighten it up, I used it on all my currently painted Eldar so I know it used to work... but this wash... I think I have to water it down 75% to get perhaps the same effect.

I find it funny that you mention the water resistance because personally, that's what I loved about inks. While it was drying, I could take a damp brush and manipulate the ink to my liking... the washes are pretty much game over the moment they are on.

...oh well, as the Tau say; The one constant in the universe is change, the wise adapt.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:27 am
wouldn't Tzeentch be the one to say that?  

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:18 am
I think the best Tzeentch quote is "Change rules all."

True, the Tau motto is very similar but instead of perverting themselves into horrifying freakish monsters, the Tau strive to better themselves through technology, knowledge and skill. So I guess in a way... the Tau are the technological version of Tzeentch. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:28 pm
Washes are great tools and work best for simple paint jobs that rely on a flat coat, a quick wash and a final highlight. If you want to apply it in a more controlled state thin it with water so that it flows more easily into the recesses and details you wish to show off. While I firmly belong to the pro-wash camp, I can see why the old-school painters dislike the Foundation range of washes. I myself am a big fan of Devlan Miracle, it works on anything.

And to echo mon amour: France is a lovely country, it's just a shame that those bloody French are everywhere!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:04 pm
Lt. Brookman
And to echo mon amour: France is a lovely country, it's just a shame that those bloody French are everywhere!
I don't know about you, but those Dutch are really something.

And people from Essex! Why do we allow them to live! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:09 pm
I was going to visit any place in that general area of the world, I'd be going to Scotland first and England second. Staying very far away from France... why? Because being Canadian, I've got enough Quebec-slang-french-twits to deal with as it is, I don't know if I could tolerate the real deal.  

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:21 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
I don't know about you, but those Dutch are really something.

And people from Essex! Why do we allow them to live! gonk
I'd avoid Scotland, nothing but drunk sheep molesters for miles around.

And I happen to like my non-stereotypical Essex girl an awful lot. She's nothing like that TV show about Essex.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:32 am
DarkReaper40k
I was going to visit any place in that general area of the world, I'd be going to Scotland first and England second. Staying very far away from France... why? Because being Canadian, I've got enough Quebec-slang-french-twits to deal with as it is, I don't know if I could tolerate the real deal.
People from Paris are the worst kind, even worse than people from Detroit or NYC.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:06 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
DarkReaper40k
People from Paris are the worst kind, even worse than people from Detroit or NYC.
they weak aren't killed and eaten in Paris.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:15 pm
Mat
Kaori Kapoigne
DarkReaper40k
Another reason to say "******** you" to Detroit and "******** yes" to LA.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:06 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Mat
Kaori Kapoigne
DarkReaper40k
Another reason to say "******** you" to Detroit and "******** yes" to LA.
Amen to that, Detroit is a death sentence, Dr. Klahn says so.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:01 pm
... Riiight.

Detroit is pretty ******** though.

Edit: Queen Vikki, LOL OKAY. YOU WISH. =P  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:01 am
No wishing involved, it's the truth. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:37 pm
Yeah, sure. An' you're the Queen of... Oh wait...  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:14 pm
She's the queen of awesome and sexiness. wink  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games