Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 am

No vehicle and building rules? sad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Vehicles and buildings have been marked as advanced rules until they can be fine-tuned and sorted out properly. Vehicles are more or less done, buildings are the big brainteaser now.

Here's what we've got on vehicles so far:

Driver's License: Any character can operate a vehicle but unless the character driving has the "Driver" skill vehicles will only move at slow speed.

Shooting from vehicles: While the driver needs to put all his attention on operating the vehicle the passengers are allowed to fire their weapons from their respective windows or if applicable, operate weapons installed on the vehicle. If the vehicle is moving at a fast speed all ranged attacks suffer from a -1 modifier due to the vehicle moving so fast. However, with the windows rolled down they are quite vulnerable to grabby zombies. Any zombies in base contact with a vehicle that had its passengers fire the previous turn can be attacked in melee, with the same rules applying as if the models were on foot.

Speed Kills: A vehicle isn't just a mode of transportation and relative oasis of safety, it can also be used as a weapon in its own right by driving into hordes of foes that block your path! While at a slow speed any zombies the vehicle hits are killed on a 6+. Roll a D6 to determine if those models that are not killed are pushed aside (1-4) or thrown over the hood (5-6). Vehicles moving at a fast speed have a better chance of killing zombies, at a 4+. Zombies not killed are thrown aside or over the vehicle as with a slow movement speed.

Equipment: Some vehicles come with equipment, which can be used to replenish certain supplies or be turned into an emergency weapon should the need arise.

Motorpool.

Civilian car – one driver, up to three passengers
Slow move: 8”
Fast move: 16”
Armaments: N/A
Equipment: N/A

---

Humvee – one driver, one gunner, up to three passengers
Slow move: 7”
Fast move: 14”
Armament: M60 GPMG (24” ****) or MK. 19 GL (24”*, blast)
Equipment: Axe, shovel, toolkit, first-aid kit

---

Truck – one driver, one passenger riding shotgun, up to six passengers in the rear cargo section
Normal move: 6”
Fast move: 12”
Armaments: N/A
Equipment: N/A

Fighting Platform: Some trucks might have an open rear cargo compartment, making it easier for a number of heroes to fire from. If zombies manage to assault the platform the passengers present there benefit from the same effects as characters wearing body armour. Characters already wearing body armour gain no extra benefits.

Open-topped: Seeing as the truck's rear compartment has no roof it might happen on the off-chance that one or more zombies hit by the truck are thrown over the hood and into the rear compartment. Should this happen the zombie(s) immediately performs a melee attack on a randomly selected passenger, after which the passengers retaliate.

---

Tank (KV-1, M26 Pershing, M4 Sherman or any other WWII tank with a turret and room for five) – one driver, one gunner, up to three passengers
Slow move: 5”
Fast move: 10”
Armament: Main gun (72” *, large blast), coaxial MG (24” ****), cupola-mounted MG (24” ****)
Equipment: Axe, shovel, sledgehammer, toolkit, first-aid kit

Grinding advance: Tanks crush any type of undead in their path on a 2+ regardless of speed. Also, models are not thrown over the tank, instead they are forced aside.

Stable firing platform: The weapons on a tank may be fired regardless of the speed travelled and suffer no negative modifiers.

Limited ammunition: The main gun of the tank has D6+2 rounds of ammunition. The secondary weapon systems mounted coaxially and in the hull have unlimited ammo for the duration of the scenario.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Jason Kharo

Standard move: 4”
Run: 8”
Melee hit: 5+
Ranged hit: 5+
Escape roll: 4+
Hit points: 2
Equipment: Pistol Akimbo
Skills: Double Tap

Does that count as 8 shots?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:12 pm

When firing at targets within half range (6" or less), yes.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:14 pm

With some one with a Katana or Knife, along with Quick Hitter or Beefy, they make for a decent combo, don't you think?
You know how I can tell I like it? I'm already thinking up tactics and builds for characters. mrgreen
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:20 pm

@Mel: I see you removed the really fast movement rate for vehicles, not a bad idea. Other than that, certain vehicles are surprisingly powerful for the most part. I could see a group commandeer a truck and run that through a few hordes, guns blazing, but once you receive a vehicle it seems like half the excitement is gone already. Unless there's more to vehicles then is shown here.

@Jason: It's something of a team game. My sample character is a medic armed with a pistol and outfitted with body armour.

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:51 pm

What number is the ideal Hero team? 3 or 4?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:56 pm

I've come to a difficult decision and I'm looking for some voices to pipe up and help me make up my mind.

Do I:

A) Pick-up my Space Wolves from where I left off last year and get them finished.

B) Finally get my Eldar fully painted.

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 pm

i vote that you finish your eldar
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Fair enough. lol

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Jason Kharo
If it's based on the same brief that I got back then: between two and six heroes, preferably with their own equipment, quirks and skills to differentiate them from the others. There should be a list of sample characters around here somewhere..
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:57 pm

DarkReaper40k
I've come to a difficult decision and I'm looking for some voices to pipe up and help me make up my mind.

Do I:

A) Pick-up my Space Wolves from where I left off last year and get them finished.

Roll with both. Find time for whichever tickles your fancy.

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 am

DarkReaper40k

Do I:

Space Wolves! You can never have enough of those.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 am

Lady Blodwynn
Jason Kharo
If it's based on the same brief that I got back then: between two and six heroes, preferably with their own equipment, quirks and skills to differentiate them from the others. There should be a list of sample characters around here somewhere..
Hate quoting myself but here's the old character list from last year, based on certain guild members:

Blodwynn the Medic - pistol, body armour, +1 to ranged, Medic
Mat the Veteran - assault rifle, body armour, Double Tap, Engineer
Mel the Hunter - pistol, shotgun, Driver, Double Tap
Paul the Warrior - assault rifle, body armour, +1 to ranged, Beefy
Sam the Buffy - hockey stick, shotgun, +1 to melee, +1 to ranged
Vikki the Schoolgirl - pistol, sword, escape artist, +1 to melee

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:14 am

Hockey stick?

I hope it's made of solid steel, 'cause hockey sticks would break after 2 hits, maybe 1.

Edit; who wants to do my Provincial Offences assignment?

Assignment Questions:

1)What does the term ‘Police Force’ mean under the Police Services Act?

2)The Safe Streets Act defines ‘outdoor public place as being one of two things. The first of these is a place outdoors to which the public is ordinarily invited or permitted access and, for greater certainty, includes but is not limited to a sidewalk, street, parking lot, swimming pool, beach, conservation area, park and playground. What is the other place that is included in this definition?

3) OR 3/99, under the Police Services Act, outlines certain features that a police force should have. Among these are
a)a communications centre;
b)a crime analysis, call analysis and public disorder analysis capacity; and
c)investigative supports, including supports in the areas of scenes of crime analysis, forensic identification, canine tracking, technical collision investigation and reconstruction, breath analysis, physical surveillance, electronic interception, video and photographic surveillance, polygraph and behavioral science
What is the other feature mandated by the regulation that is not included in this list
4) Scenario – Ticket Speculation Act

Will Jones is a Police Officer who attends a reported traffic jam at a hockey arena. As he arrives, he discovers the traffic situation is due to two persons (known to him as Bobby Badguy and Nelson Nogood) standing at the side of the road offering to sell tickets to the game. As Jones gets out of his car and approaches the pair, it is obvious that they do not see him. Jones hears the pair yelling “Who needs tickets. We’ve got tickets for sale.” On one occasion, Jones sees his next door neighbor Jason Norris approach the pair and ask the price. Jones hears a $100 ticket being offered by Badguy to Norris for $150. Norris tries to barter the price down to $130 but when Badguy refuses to lower the price, Norris walks away. While this is going on, Nogood makes a successful sale of two $100 tickets for a total of $200 to Jones’ sister.
Jones finally gets to where Badguy and Nogood are and advises them that they are under arrest under the Ticket Speculation Act.
Comment on every individual in this scenario and identify what breaches (if any) in relation to the Ticket Speculation Act have been committed. In providing your answer, list the name of the individual followed by the breach committed or by a notation that no breach was committed. (5 Marks)

5) Scenario - Blind Persons Rights Act

You are a Police Officer who is dispatched to a reported disagreement at a motel. On arrival, you learn that Will Jones is a traveler who attempted to rent a motel unit for the night from the motel clerk Jack Foley. Foley refused to rent the unit to Jones because Jones wanted to bring his dog into the unit for the night. Jones is a blind person under the meaning of the Blind Persons Rights Act and argues that he needed the dog to get around. Jones further states that the dog is a seeing eye dog under the meaning of the Act.
You speak to Foley and he advises that the motel owner, Henry Lay has strict rules and will allow absolutely no pets under any circumstances into any of the units. Foley further states that he even called Lay this evening to double check to see if he would bend the rules because the dog was a seeing eye dog and states that Lay would not relent and refused to allow Jones to have the dog in the unit.
Jones is irate and demands that he be rented the room and that the dog be allowed in. He also states that he is so upset about the entire affair that he will now exercise his rights under the Blind Persons Rights Act and demand that his dog be provided an area to exercise in the morning before Jones goes on his way.

Comment on every individual in this scenario and indicate what infractions they have committed under the Blind Persons Rights Act or matters about which they are misinformed. (3 Marks)

Just hand it in before Wed 1100 EST. =P
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games