Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`Kami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:46 pm

Oh man, here's the info on the Necrons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrons#The_Necrontyr

And yeah, the Eldar war god Kaela Mensha Khaine did defeat Nightbringer in combat.

But no, Chaos wasn't even around. People shouldn't tell other people to gtfo and read the history when they haven't done it themselves. @_@
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:28 pm

Just starting to read Horus Rising and it is starting to become on the possibility why Horus turned on the Imperium. And I have allways wondered why he did what he did cause I had a ningling it wasn't just for power.

Centigrade

archmagedrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:29 am

the horus series is amazing. And like all chaos you dont just choose it it chooses you.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:34 am

Does anyone remember the old Dark Imperium Book of short stories with the Night Hunter Traitor Marine on the front???

Some stories in it are:
Apothecary's Honour by Simon Jowett
Daemonblood by Ben Counter
Know Thine Enemy by Gav Thorpe (Also the first foray for Xavier, famous Salamander Chaplain)

Laters

TrueHereticX

Samantha Bentley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:30 am

Tales of the Old World is rip-roaring good 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:27 pm

It's kinda late to be postiong this, but BL had an uber sale.
I got Xenology collectors edition, and Empire shirt, and Insignium Astartes
all for £12, when with the origonal prices, it would've been more than £100.

they still have a lot of books that aren't sold out yet, and thye're going for £1 each.

Admiral Smort

King Kento

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:30 pm

TrueHereticX
Does anyone remember the old Dark Imperium Book of short stories with the Night Hunter Traitor Marine on the front???

Some stories in it are:
Know Thine Enemy by Gav Thorpe (Also the first foray for Xavier, famous Salamander Chaplain)

Laters

I remember it. And unfortunately someone stole the copy i was borrowing form my cousin.

The Xavier fluff changed, i remember that story, it was before I even gave two shits about the salamanders (some of you may not have expected that). However I believe he had a card in the HH card game. And as thats more recent, Im gonna go with that.
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:46 pm

I thought the fluff must have changed biggrin

Because, to be fair, the Salamanders got absolutely slaughtered by the Dark Eldar at the end of that story, and i doubt any of them survived

My favourite from it is Apothecary's Honour

Laters

TrueHereticX

King Kento

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:30 am

TrueHereticX
I thought the fluff must have changed biggrin

Because, to be fair, the Salamanders got absolutely slaughtered by the Dark Eldar at the end of that story, and i doubt any of them survived

My favourite from it is Apothecary's Honour

Laters

If i remmeber correctly that was the very first story in the book, where a bunch of marines are running around (i cant rememebr why), they take down a dreadnought, but ultimately the apothecary gets caught by Fabius Bile.
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:33 am

Yep, that's the one... it's really cool with the Scouts (well one of them anyway) escaping... but then you find out what happens to the Apothecary and its a big low point crying

TrueHereticX

Freeman_Gordon

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:32 pm

Ahh, Fabius Bile.
That creepy Mo-Fo that's actually a really good hero to have.
I mean, he's got some nice abilities and such. My question is, why don't I see more armies with him at the HQ?

On topic, however, doesnt Fabius Bile remind you of Victor Frankenstein?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:15 pm

TrueHereticX

Some stories in it are:

Laters
eah! I have it, its rare now, but I think it's stories can be found in the new Large anthology "Let the galaxy burn"

I love the story with Karne the betrayer i believe. Korhne against slaanesh!

I also like small cogs witht he eldar scouts against the Imp. Gaurd.

Also the dark eldar story with the imp. gaurd soldier in the arena.

narutobro

lord krok

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:22 am

Anyone read the Esienhorn and Ravenor series`?
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:54 am

Are you serious? C'mon. If you like WH40k you're going to read those book. Eisenhorn is my favorite. Right up there with Gaunt's Ghosts if not more.

GeneralFishSama

King Kento

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:57 pm

fishsama999
Are you serious? C'mon. If you like WH40k you're going to read those book. Eisenhorn is my favorite. Right up there with Gaunt's Ghosts if not more.

Are you serious? C'mon, Ive never read either series of books. And Ive been involved in the hobby for years.
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games