Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chibinecochan_13

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:21 pm
Alot of things... like

Percussion

Playing "Heart and soul"

not fundraising

and much more... crying  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:30 pm
in the trombone section we pull our tuning slides all the way out or if u have a trigger hold it down through out the whole song, or we put the slide on left-handed. In Jazz band we add two measure solos at the end witch annoys her even more.  

Gryffon711

wandering_aimlessly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:07 pm
froggyfluf
call him up at 3 in the morning to say hi.

OMFG brilliant!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:04 pm
constantly ask him questions that he has already answered. for instance...

earlier this year our old bd gave us forms to fill out. As he was handing them to us he told us to ignore the social security # section and it didn't matter if we didn't know our #. Throughout most of the class everyone was asking him
questions about it then backed off to give him a false sense of security. At the end of the day one girl went into his office and said

"Hey, Mr.b, what do I do if I don't know my social security?"

He screamed and hit her with a stack of papers. 3nodding  

Tabbatha151

lilith_winchester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:57 pm
You and 5 of your buddies physically pick up his/her car and move it to another parking spot, perpendicular to the spot. My mom's friends in hs did this to their band director's car. It was an old Honda Civic. He was really cool about the whole thing. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:51 pm
jump over his car...well actually...no it wasnt cool, when he found out someone did that he sorta freaked out lol. especially since there was a video of it....  

12siena

Awaikuro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:01 am
Jazztast!c
Whenever you see them, flick them in the arm/back. This usually gets a good reaction after the fifth time.

Ask for a new reed about twice a week. Claim you lost/loaned all of the ones you had.

Ask lots of questions right before you start playing.

Make up a funny/strange nickname for them. Or, simply shorten their name.

Burn them with every chance you get.

This one is a good one if they're addicted to something like Diet Coke. If they're trying to go without a drink for a day in an attempt to quit, walk into the band room drinking whatever they're trying to avoid. Drink it right in front of them. (I did this at band camp. The next thing I knew, I was being strangled from behind with one hand and the other attempted to take the Diet Coke from me.)

That's amazing! rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:39 pm
Awesome-Taro
Being that my band director has a huge window in his offic that you can into the band I suggest start to make-out with you bf or gf right in front of the window.

Not a good idea. My band director has a window in his office, too... Let's just say I KNOW it's not a good idea. sweatdrop  

Worlds Smallest Violin

Mahry-Usagi

3,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:56 am
Ways to annoy Mr. Erickson (my BD)
1. Pretend your instrument doesn't work, but when he singles you out, play at fortissimo
2. Constantly be out of tune. Never be right on the dot perfect.
3. Play at the wrong volume. If playing piano, play forte and vice versa.
4. Purposely waste time by not pulling out your instrument when the bell for class rings.
5. Call out his name and then pretend it wasn't you.
6. Start to put away your instrument early.
7. Eat during the rehearsal, especially if the school owns your instrument.
8. Talk during rests.
9. Wear something with a solid heel. Then, tap your foot loudly like a meternome.
10. Talk to another section right before they are cued in for a big soli.
11. Stuff your hand up the bell of your instrument so nothing comes out (sorry, I play French Horn).
12. Don't mark your music. There are no exceptions.
13. Try to fall asleep during rehearsal. If caught, say you were merely resting your eyes.
14. Play the wrong chord.
15. If you know how a section goes, play the wrong syncopation.
16. Use your cellphone in the stands.
17. Put your uniform on wrong.
18. Whine about how loud the trumpets are.
19. Say you can't read the notes, especially if you keep your stand close to you.
20. Purposely crack your reed.
21. Don't be organized.
22. Drop your sticks.
23. Specifically related to above, drop any part of your instrument. Especially if the school owns your instrument. This can be fatal, so plan accordingly.
24. Purposely pull off something that makes your instrument work properly, then ask if the Band-aid (yes, it's a pun in our band) can fix it.
25. (I reccommend not doing this) Don't line up in the right spot and stick out of the band on the field (Seriously, if your looking for trouble, this is it. My BD turns purple when he yells at you about being even a smidge off. I don't want to see what color he turns if you completely stick out).
I think that what pisses of my BD the most (I've done half of them). xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:01 pm
- During periods of long resting measures, look around the room and loudly conversate with your friend how the wall over there should be -insert color here- to match the color of the ceiling to match the music stands to match the drums to match the tiny patch of color on your outfit.-
- If you didn't bring your instrument, SING your part.  

Sugar Bandit

.Savage_Kitten.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 pm
Stand next to him.
Works for me.

I don't know why, but my mere presence seems to tick him off....

Or tell them a perverted pick-up line.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:59 pm
Make weird noises, like farting noises on your trumpet. Sit in the wrong place with the wrong section. Show up late to class. Play the wrong song. Play really out of key. Squeak. Lose your sheet music. Anything stupid like this that everybody else might laugh at pisses off my BD so much...............We even have one trumpet who has to sit in the front row with the clarinets because he is such a jerk. Where do you think I got the farting noises? LOL  

z_hulagirl_z

XxXJokersWildXxX

Liberal Gaian

2,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:03 pm
When practicing on the field and you're supposed to be at attention, run around swinging your clarinet wildly at a bee.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 pm
Switch instruments with your friend before a rehearsal and still march in your spot.

((me and my freind did this freshman year, and neither of us even knew how to play each others instrument. so we had a flute in the clarinet section and a clarinet in the flut section.. and she held my clarinet with her right hand on top and her left on bottom. haha.))  

XxXJokersWildXxX

Liberal Gaian

2,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers