Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oVera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:43 am

Hi, my name is Katia, 14 and I'm currently a high school freshman.
I use full sentences and rarely use abbreviations like BTW.
Have been drawing since I can remember, but started to draw more anime things for 9 months now.
I have quite a lot of experience in art and hope to find some artists in here that could help me develop the kind of CG style that I am trying to achieve.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:09 am

Katia, welcome. I hope you enjoy working with us.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

LunarionX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:00 pm

hi! im new here..

i really want to learn more about arts..i hope you can help me heart
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:43 am

Welcome Jaze, and we're glad that you feel we can. I'm sure we will or at least help to point you in the right direction.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

teruchu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:14 am

Hello everyone, you can call me Kyoko.

I've been drawing in an anime style since I was 11 years old, thanks to the inspiration of a friend at school. I'm a sophomore in high school now and I'm still drawing!

I don't really like drawing realism, but I have a feeling that will change as I get older and improve more in the style I'm trying to draw in now.

Here's a link to my DeviantArt in case anyone's interested.

As for interests, my current love is J-Rock music: An Cafe, GazettE, GaGaaling, etc.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:16 am

Hi Kyoko. We're glad to have you.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Rezzim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Well hay.

I'm Rezzim. I'm actually a mule account. ;D

I'm an older Gaian, although I do like to draw cute, kiddy things. Art is my chance to escape from my rather draining job as an activities therapist! You'd think doing art therapy all week would leave me pretty relaxed, lol! Well it doesn't.

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do in this guild, but I do like the premise. :3 I might take on a mentee or two or just float about.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:28 pm

Welcome Rezzim@Mule. (Joke about a terrible anime I saw.) Glad to have you aboard. I'm not in the average gaian age myself. I'm 28.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

This Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:53 pm

Hello, I'm Lala, age 16.^-^ I've been drawing since I was a baby. lol but no, like really practicing it, that would be about the age of 9. I'm a fan of Haccan and Kim Hyun Tae. I prefer fantasy art over futuristic, and I love art that is eye candy or magical, or even nostalgic ones.

I do both CG and traditional art. in CG I use Photoshop and Painter. Traditional, I use blue lead for sketching, fineliners for inking, watercolors, chalk pastels, copic markers and white ink. I use the occasional watercolor pencils sometimes.

So, it's nice to meet everyone here! 3nodding I'm really glad I saw that link on Errol's sig. 4laugh
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:16 pm

Welcome Lala. We're glad you saw the link too. We're happy to have you aboard.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Sandcastle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 am

Hey everyone, Sandcastle here.

This was my art moniker until I switched over to a new gallery. Basically, if you visit this, you will see my older stuff. If you visit that, there's where I put newer stuff. For comprehensive ideas and essays, see the Mindseasons blog below.

I like many artstyles, and each has their strengths and identities. What matters to me are ideas and concepts, and it's most fun for me when it's time to interpret one idea into another way and style. I started as a character designer, but I'm moving into props/item design, landscapes, architecture and others as needed.

Nice to meet you all. Let's get started!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Sandcastle, glad to have you!

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Revolutionary Liger

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Hey, I'm 18 year old highschool student and a Canadian. Yes, we do have internet here! Electricty too. xd
Anyhow, I don't have a big gallery to share but I have your typical anime style and basically doodle on my notes. I also tried sculpting a few weeks ago but that still needs to be painted. I plan on dumping a ton of art on you guys once my scanner's up and running though.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:40 am

Welcome, Liger. Good to have you with us.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

RaineReborn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:19 am

Well helloz! My name is Raine, and I'm pretty new at this art stuff ^^

I've been drawing since I saw my dad doing portraits, comics, and other computer graphics for a living, and I think that was... When I was 3 xD. I hardly put my heart and soul into my drawings, because I mostly fool around. I've been trying hard to discipline myself into putting effort into them, but only a few times has it shown through my art. I recently got an Art Tablet for my PC, and I'm constantly practicing with it everyday. I hope we can critique each other's art with no hard feelings sweatdrop

Thank you for having me !

Visit my art shoppe for an idea of what I can do ^^
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games