Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 pm

TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
hello, my name is willow (or kay irl) and i just joined your guild. i have been studying for almost 7 years off and on and still have so many questions that i just cant find answers to. im hoping that i'll be able to learn alot from you guys smile
What studies have you done and what are you looking for in the way of more information?

mostly reading books and stuff online, i DO know what is obvious crap, but then there's the other stuff that im just not sure about (cant think of any off the top of my head) and then there's the questions i just cant find answers to. i have also performed a few spells and made a few charms that, as far as i know, have worked (i have, since first starting out, learned that not everything needs to be meddled with - ah, learning experiences). what im really looking for cant really be summed up in a sentence, there are so many questions about alot of different things, some questions seem dumb even to me, but how am i to learn if i dont ask, right?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:18 am

Hello, i am dawn im 15 and i have been studing/practing wicca for almost 4 years. but i am still learning, and i will always be learning especially with wicca
i hope to meet new people here and to learn new things [=
~Blessed Be~

Nostalgiacola

Mega Nerd

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:38 am

whiporwill-o

mostly reading books and stuff online,
Which ones?

Quote:
i have also performed a few spells and made a few charms that, as far as i know, have worked
How did you come to that conclusion?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:40 am

FlyingPinkElefantSaysMeow
Hello, i am dawn im 15 and i have been studing/practing wicca for almost 4 years.
Ummm... are you sure it's Wicca? I ask because Wicca as a fertility cult with required sexual initiations shouldn't be initiating minors.
Quote:
~Blessed Be~
Whose blessings?

TeaDidikai

Runs With Beetles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18 pm

hi guys i am runs with beetles. i dont know alot about paganism but ive heard this is a good place to learn and stuff. hope to make lots of friends too!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:39 am

Rus With Beetles, is tiny bright blue text really necessary? It's quite painful to read.

Calixti

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:47 am

TeaDidikai
Hello, i am dawn im 15 and i have been studing/practing wicca for almost 4 years.
Ummm... are you sure it's Wicca? I ask because Wicca as a fertility cult with required sexual initiations shouldn't be initiating minors.
Quote:
~Blessed Be~
Whose blessings?

As for the entire "fertility cult" thing, thats not what it is. And blessed be is a wiccan thing and should not be insulted.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:39 am

riddle_box_juggalo
TeaDidikai
Quote:
~Blessed Be~
Whose blessings?

As for the entire "fertility cult" thing, thats not what it is.

Yea, it is actually. Unless you can provide proof otherwise.
Quote:
And blessed be is a wiccan thing and should not be insulted.

Right. It's a Wiccan thing. Which makes it curious as to why a non-Wiccan would be saying it to another non-Wiccan. There is no context.
And depending on the gods the recipient of the "blessed be", it could be insulting. Perhaps that person's gods are not friendly with the blessing-giver's gods and would consider it an insult; even inciting aggression. Then there are gods that simply don't want to bless the recipient. I can't imagine Cu's gods would give two shits about me, for example.

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:49 am

Violet Song jat Shariff
riddle_box_juggalo
TeaDidikai
Quote:
~Blessed Be~
Whose blessings?

Yea, it is actually. Unless you can provide proof otherwise.
Quote:

Right. It's a Wiccan thing. Which makes it curious as to why a non-Wiccan would be saying it to another non-Wiccan. There is no context.
And depending on the gods the recipient of the "blessed be", it could be insulting. Perhaps that person's gods are not friendly with the blessing-giver's gods and would consider it an insult; even inciting aggression. Then there are gods that simply don't want to bless the recipient. I can't imagine Cu's gods would give two shits about me, for example.

Actually, there are many different ways of which sects of wiccans worship. The whole fertility thing is one sect. Actually, some wiccans even count that as another sort of pagan religion in itself in order to avoid affiliation with "those nymphos." And while ones gods may not give a damn about another person, why would somebody be so insulted by a cultural thing? It all comes down to tolerence and understanding in that department.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:58 am

riddle_box_juggalo

The guy who founded the religion says it is. I don't have a reason to take your word over his.

Quote:
To apply a blessing of a deity to someone who wants nothing to do with those gods is pretty insulting I would think.

Which god it is matters to me. It's incredibly disrespectful to insinuate that any and all blessings are created equal and are welcome.

Quote:

Actually, there are many different ways of which sects of wiccans worship. The whole fertility thing is one sect.
The Fertility thing is all sects. Wica is an orthopraxic theology.

Quote:
Actually, some wiccans even count that as another sort of pagan religion in itself in order to avoid affiliation with "those nymphos."
Then they would be wrong. ~shrugs~ See, in the Rehab center, we're about facts, not unsupported personal opinions made out of ignorance without any support by authority.
Quote:

And while ones gods may not give a damn about another person, why would somebody be so insulted by a cultural thing?
See above.
Quote:

It all comes down to tolerence and understanding in that department.
I have no reason to tolerate inconsiderate behavior. I also don't tolerate the blessings of gods who tell their priests to rape little children and mutilate their genitalia.

So, while I am more than respectful to sane, rational and polite individuals, I see such actions as irrational and disrespectful.

TeaDidikai

Runs With Beetles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Calixti
Rus With Beetles, is tiny bright blue text really necessary? It's quite painful to read.
but i like it sad

i'll make it a darker blue then. see if that's likeable
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Speaking of tolerance, do you know what a debilitating disease nymphomania is? How rude is it for you to debase those who worship as their gods as they are instructed by name calling. How rude is it for you to insult those who have a psychological condition?

Do you think the life ruining effects of nymphomania is funny? Do you think that the hardship that sex addiction is something that should be used as an insult to people who are Priests and Priestesses of their gods simply because their gods instruct very specific sexual conduct that in no way reflects the manic random sex that your insult levels?

TeaDidikai

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:07 pm

I was quoting someone in that, they were not my own words. So chill a bit, will ya?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:08 pm

riddle_box_juggalo

Actually, there are many different ways of which sects of wiccans worship.

No.
Wicca is orthopraxic. It is based on correct practice. If one is not practicing in the correct manner, it sure as ******** isn't Wicca.
Doesn't mean it's invalid; it's just not Wicca.
Quote:
The whole fertility thing is one sect.

No. It's the whole of actual, real Wicca.
Quote:
Actually, some wiccans even count that as another sort of pagan religion in itself in order to avoid affiliation with "those nymphos."

What kind of people do you talk to?
The few Wiccans I know would hardly pass as "nymphos."
Again, where is your proof for this? Why should your word outweigh the word of the man who founded the damned religion?
Quote:
And while ones gods may not give a damn about another person, why would somebody be so insulted by a cultural thing? It all comes down to tolerence and understanding in that department.

Because believe it or not, there are aspects of different cultures that oppose each other.
Yes, tolerance and understanding are needed - one needs to be understanding of someone else's practices and values. Tolerance includes not imposing something on someone that may be considered impure or unclean by their cultural or religious standards.
Why do you people think that tolerance means "hey it's a big ******** of taking everything from everybody and being okay with it all no matter how contradictory or dangerous it might be!"?

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Runs With Beetles
Calixti
but i like it sad

i'll make it a darker blue then. see if that's likeable

That helps a lot!!
Thanks biggrin
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games