Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:44 am
Crucified Panther
Hi everyone!
I'm Panther, a 2005'er, a chick, a college student, a long time lurker of Gaia.
I normally never post on the forums unless I'm roleplaying, but this recent really struck a nerve for me and here I am. If a lurker has something bad to say to the point they actually post about it, you know there's a problem.
neutral
I have such fond memories of Gaia, and it's been with me since I was a young teenager. I've met some long lasting friends on here through so many roleplays. It's honestly upsetting to watch this. I can't even enjoy myself on here as much as I used to.

The saddest part is not just Flynn's nibbly bits, but the lack of professionalism the staff has shown. I've lurked in almost all of the threads and read a good portion of their responses. It really disturbs me. The best thing Gaia had going for them years ago were its community and the staff.

I tried going to another avatar based community, but it's hard to let go of something that you have deep roots in, especially since I really enjoy roleplaying here and the variety of threads created daily by users.
and I hate change, this site centering still bothers me and it's been here for weeks

So I hope I get the chance to say hello to everyone and get to know people so we can solve this problem. :D
I'm amazed at how far reaching this really is. It's great to see people from all over (like lurkers!), makes me feel more confident when I say it's the whole community that's crying out for change.

Welcome to the guild!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:46 pm
lost-silent-star
Hi guys~ I'm lost-silent-star, formerly cadet_luu, and formerly therealzena till s**t happened to that account...

I found your guild, was interested, so here I am.

I've also been with this site for a while but I took a hiatus a couple months ago so I showed up when s**t started happening for real.....

Hi lost-silent-star! I'm glad you found our guild. What a way to come back from hiatus, huh? Gaia's changed. A LOT. But we're glad you're here. Welcome!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:47 pm
Opera Phantom_95
Hello!
I am Opera Phantom_95. I've been on Gaia since February 2009. I've been a fan of Gaia ever since I started. The recent pushing of Gaia Cash and Flynn's body is just too much. The inflation is insane, and the lack of professionalism shown by the staff when they talk with/to the users is appalling.
I've tried other avatar communities. I was on Crysandrea before it shut down (the beginning of Alchemy led me to Crys), and recently I've joined Ernya. But Gaia holds a special place in my heart, and if it's going down, I'll go down with it rather than jump ship.

Hi Opera Phantom_95! I'm in the same boat with you....staying here for as long as Gaia stays afloat. I'm glad to see you joined us. Welcome!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:50 pm
Elyarne
Hi,
I'm Elyarne, as you can see.
I'm 16.
I have been a member for about two and a half years.
I haven't spent a cent on Gaia, rather I have watched ads for GC.
I am upset because:
arrow I was addicted to Smashblox before I realised Gaia was taking money without much give and manipulating users to become addicted. It hurt.
arrow I bought Flynn's Booty before I realised I was hurting the economy. I have since sent as much as possible down the sink and I'm now worse off than when I started.
arrow I find popups personally affronting and hurtful even more than they are annoying. I do not want to be harassed whilst using the site.
arrow Because I do not spend real life money, I can not afford ANYTHING on the MP or CS any more.
I am passionate that Gaia improves and thus stays afloat. They think they are being a better "business" but they are losing customers by the day.

Hi Elyarne! I just love your avi! Sorry to hear things took such a bad turn for you. Things are rough on Gaia as of late for a lot of us, but I'm glad to see you joined us here. Welcome!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

The_Final_Checkmate

Invisible Hunter

9,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:52 pm
Madame Xiva
lost-silent-star
Hi guys~ I'm lost-silent-star, formerly cadet_luu, and formerly therealzena till s**t happened to that account...

I found your guild, was interested, so here I am.

I've also been with this site for a while but I took a hiatus a couple months ago so I showed up when s**t started happening for real.....

Hi lost-silent-star! I'm glad you found our guild. What a way to come back from hiatus, huh? Gaia's changed. A LOT. But we're glad you're here. Welcome!!

Thanks~~ :3 -I pretty much only rp so I can easily over look the centered site but I cry looking at it it hurts my eyes-

//me flops about here//  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:19 pm
Madame Xiva
Opera Phantom_95
Hello!
I am Opera Phantom_95. I've been on Gaia since February 2009. I've been a fan of Gaia ever since I started. The recent pushing of Gaia Cash and Flynn's body is just too much. The inflation is insane, and the lack of professionalism shown by the staff when they talk with/to the users is appalling.
I've tried other avatar communities. I was on Crysandrea before it shut down (the beginning of Alchemy led me to Crys), and recently I've joined Ernya. But Gaia holds a special place in my heart, and if it's going down, I'll go down with it rather than jump ship.

Hi Opera Phantom_95! I'm in the same boat with you....staying here for as long as Gaia stays afloat. I'm glad to see you joined us. Welcome!

Thanks!
Yeah, I've invested so much in this site emotionally, that leaving for good is next to impossible. I just keep hoping that it'll get better, so I stay. The only way I'll leave is if Gaia shuts down completely, or if it becomes a pay-for-play site.  

Opera Phantom_95

Shadowy Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Timid 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:00 pm
Madame Xiva
Elyarne
Hi,
I'm 16.
I am upset because:
arrow I was addicted to Smashblox before I realised Gaia was taking money without much give and manipulating users to become addicted. It hurt.
arrow I bought Flynn's Booty before I realised I was hurting the economy. I have since sent as much as possible down the sink and I'm now worse off than when I started.
arrow I find popups personally affronting and hurtful even more than they are annoying. I do not want to be harassed whilst using the site.
arrow Because I do not spend real life money, I can not afford ANYTHING on the MP or CS any more.
I am passionate that Gaia improves and thus stays afloat. They think they are being a better "business" but they are losing customers by the day.

Hi Elyarne! I just love your avi! Sorry to hear things took such a bad turn for you. Things are rough on Gaia as of late for a lot of us, but I'm glad to see you joined us here. Welcome!

Thank you! I dressed my avi in a 'living-in-poverty' kind of theme - most of it scrounged up from the depths of my inventory, some from the gold shops and a couple of things from the MP. I'm happy to be a part of this guild. I hope we can make a difference!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:29 pm
Elyarne
Madame Xiva
Elyarne
Hi,
I'm 16.
I am upset because:

Thank you! I dressed my avi in a 'living-in-poverty' kind of theme - most of it scrounged up from the depths of my inventory, some from the gold shops and a couple of things from the MP. I'm happy to be a part of this guild. I hope we can make a difference!

I just went and grabbed a red drifter stick!  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:33 pm
jellykans
Elyarne
Madame Xiva
Elyarne
Hi,
I'm 16.
I am upset because:

I just went and grabbed a red drifter stick!
Awesome! Hey, I had an idea for a guild activity - I just posted a guild thread. What do you think of posting a "time of mourning" story in Sisky's Halloween Stories thread? It's only 2 pages long... that felt really sad to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:05 pm
Hello there, I'm Jenni Tsukiko.
I usually go by Jenni, and I've been on Gaia since early 2004.
I'm nearly 23 years old, married, and struggling while going through College and having one stable paycheck in the household, with my two baby birds whom I hold near and dear.
I am here because I am tired of being referred to as a wallet, or a customer.
I joined Gaia to become a member of a community, and to be treated with respect and integrity.
Mind you, I was only thirteen when I joined, but it felt pretty special to join my first website and meeting the requirements of being thirteen years old but now...
Gaia is a shadow of it's former self, a joke, something to be ashamed of.
Heck, I felt pretty ashamed when I attended both A-Kon this year and last and attending the Gaia panel because it was one of the least populated ones.
Not to mention now with DJ Helsing leaving, I'm wondering where they see themselves going...

If they don't shape up and change, I'll be leaving.
If they try, I'll fight until they set things right.
For now until the time I leave this place, I will only don outfits that do not require cash, and I'll be donating all my gold into the closest gold sink I can find.
To tell you the truth, I'm surprised that this campaign hasn't branched off into Facebook... ^^"  

Jenni Tsukiko

Philanthropic Treasure-Seeker

18,375 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

VampireDraculina

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:57 pm
Hello everyone. My username is VampireDraculina formerly known as SallySkellington 2005-2007 omni mod. I have been a loving member of Gaia since March 2004. I have done nothing but love, encourage and even donate to this site for years. But no more. Everything revolves around how much you are worth and what you have. All but perhaps 3 of my original 2004 friends are long gone and I feel...so alone. I remember when we did not have games. I remember when fishing was introduced. I remember being called "Go-Gaia" even after them changing the official sites name. I am only 24 years of age irl. But, I have devoted so much time, effort, energy, patience and love to this site. I was beginning to feel crazy... I have friends who are young (14 years of age) on this site who spend $100+ on gaia a month. Some a week. These kids become richer then me overnight. Which, I dont mind. But then they become "too good" to be my friend. I lose a lot of friends and become...whats the word? Disillusioned? It hurts. I remember when no one gave (excuse my language) two shits or a ******** what you had. Even in 2007 when things started escalating. We thought we had it bad then... *smh* What I wouldnt give to go back to 2007. Everyone used to be so kind, open and friendly. We never had to worry about people being hacked. People gave other users things they wanted and expected nothing in return. It was simply a congregation for nerds. Nerds with a common goal or love of the same things. We relaxed and enjoyed the bliss of one another's company and helped each other out in more than one way. Now...it is hard for me to even log on to the site I once knew and loved. I am almost ashamed that I was ever a part of any of it.

In short (TL;DR) I was beginning to feel mad. No one else seemed to think this GC thing was a problem... I have felt so lonely and so abandoned for so long. So many good friends have left and anyone who was left has gone recently due to recent actions. I would simply like to thank xx I met my Fatexx for informing me and inviting me to this group. I am so genuinely happy to meet other users who might understand my plight and from where I stand. There is something wrong and something needs to be done. I only hope I can be an asset somehow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:43 pm
Jenni Tsukiko
Hello there, I'm Jenni Tsukiko.
I usually go by Jenni, and I've been on Gaia since early 2004.
I'm nearly 23 years old, married, and struggling while going through College and having one stable paycheck in the household, with my two baby birds whom I hold near and dear.
I am here because I am tired of being referred to as a wallet, or a customer.
I joined Gaia to become a member of a community, and to be treated with respect and integrity.
Mind you, I was only thirteen when I joined, but it felt pretty special to join my first website and meeting the requirements of being thirteen years old but now...
Gaia is a shadow of it's former self, a joke, something to be ashamed of.
Heck, I felt pretty ashamed when I attended both A-Kon this year and last and attending the Gaia panel because it was one of the least populated ones.
Not to mention now with DJ Helsing leaving, I'm wondering where they see themselves going...

If they don't shape up and change, I'll be leaving.
If they try, I'll fight until they set things right.
For now until the time I leave this place, I will only don outfits that do not require cash, and I'll be donating all my gold into the closest gold sink I can find.
To tell you the truth, I'm surprised that this campaign hasn't branched off into Facebook... ^^"

Hi Jenni! I'm so glad you decided to join us, and I have to tell you: I completely understand how you feel. I also feel that Gaia is a mere shadow of its former self, and on my now-closed former Main Account, that's the parting message I left on my page. I won't be made to feel like I'm a wallet, and there are countless others whom feel the same way.

If you feel inclined to do so at some point, I'd love to see your baby birds in our Pic Thread (it's in the chat forum!)

Again, I'm so very happy you decided to join us. WELCOME!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:48 pm
VampireDraculina
Hello everyone. My username is VampireDraculina formerly known as SallySkellington 2005-2007 omni mod. I have been a loving member of Gaia since March 2004. I have done nothing but love, encourage and even donate to this site for years. But no more. Everything revolves around how much you are worth and what you have. All but perhaps 3 of my original 2004 friends are long gone and I feel...so alone. I remember when we did not have games. I remember when fishing was introduced. I remember being called "Go-Gaia" even after them changing the official sites name. I am only 24 years of age irl. But, I have devoted so much time, effort, energy, patience and love to this site. I was beginning to feel crazy... I have friends who are young (14 years of age) on this site who spend $100+ on gaia a month. Some a week. These kids become richer then me overnight. Which, I dont mind. But then they become "too good" to be my friend. I lose a lot of friends and become...whats the word? Disillusioned? It hurts. I remember when no one gave (excuse my language) two shits or a ******** what you had. Even in 2007 when things started escalating. We thought we had it bad then... *smh* What I wouldnt give to go back to 2007. Everyone used to be so kind, open and friendly. We never had to worry about people being hacked. People gave other users things they wanted and expected nothing in return. It was simply a congregation for nerds. Nerds with a common goal or love of the same things. We relaxed and enjoyed the bliss of one another's company and helped each other out in more than one way. Now...it is hard for me to even log on to the site I once knew and loved. I am almost ashamed that I was ever a part of any of it.

In short (TL;DR) I was beginning to feel mad. No one else seemed to think this GC thing was a problem... I have felt so lonely and so abandoned for so long. So many good friends have left and anyone who was left has gone recently due to recent actions. I would simply like to thank xx I met my Fatexx for informing me and inviting me to this group. I am so genuinely happy to meet other users who might understand my plight and from where I stand. There is something wrong and something needs to be done. I only hope I can be an asset somehow.

Hi Draculina! I was very touched by your post, as I've been here for years as well. I remember when Gaia was a TRUE community and when Donations were just that: Donations. I've lost most all of my friends as well, and until this guild, I was feeling very much alone too. But rest assured: You are NOT alone here with us.

I'm honored and happy to see that you've joined us, and I hope you find lots of ways to become involved and to meet new friends here as well. This guild is full of wonderful people like yourself, and I am thrilled to have you in our ranks.

Welcome to the Revolution Family!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 pm
Madame Xiva
Hi Draculina! I was very touched by your post, as I've been here for years as well. I remember when Gaia was a TRUE community and when Donations were just that: Donations. I've lost most all of my friends as well, and until this guild, I was feeling very much alone too. But rest assured: You are NOT alone here with us.

I'm honored and happy to see that you've joined us, and I hope you find lots of ways to become involved and to meet new friends here as well. This guild is full of wonderful people like yourself, and I am thrilled to have you in our ranks.

Welcome to the Revolution Family!!

Exactly. It was not expected, required, recommended or even really asked for. It was basically the users saying "Hey man! Love your site and id love to help out. Is there anything I can do for you?" and they would tell us "just keep doing what you're doing. Be an good, active member of the site and make friends. If yours a big fan, we sell some gaia merchandise in our REAL STORE THAT NO LONGER FREAKING EXISTS AND IM PISSED ABOUT MIND YOU, BECAUSE MY GWEE THE DRAGON PLUSH GOT MURDERED BY MY 4-MONTH OLD PITBULL PUPPY.... > n>;;
*aherm* I digress,,,, They would tell me i could buy something from the shop (they only had shirts back then and some minor things) or i could make a donation and get a dope a** item in return!" Now, its like waving a 20-ounce steak in front of a starving, dying homeless person... Oh, you like that item? `It would be a shame if you had to...sell your soul/pay over $100 in your real life, hard earned money to get it emotion_awesome " And, honestly? It just kills me on the inside...

But, again, thank you. Not just you or Fate, but everyone here in this Guild. I am so very happy to know I am not alone or feel crazy anymore. Thank you so very much for inviting and accepting me into the Guild. I really do hope I can make you proud and become useful to you guys in many more then one way in the near future heart

VampireDraculina

Spoopy Star

28,290 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Andy-the-Ape

Lonely Millionaire

12,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi, im just an old gaian who has loved gaia for years but like everyone else im done with their ******** around and feel like we should be out of the ages of the village people having to revolt but that seems to be the only way to get any kind of point across you gaia.

Used to donate monthly and not spend the GC because I thought for a site I spend so much time on I should be helping them out but I refuse to spend any more, and sponsored GC earning is off the plate for me too as it's still giving gaia an excuse to heavily push anything GC related.

Not sure how long ill last arguing with these Gaians who think what is happening is ok (the 1 in 1000 who have a crazy notion what is happening is good)

🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games