Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:05 pm
rmcdra
Sophist
Gho the Girl
Sophist
How does one move from UPG to CPG?
Checking already experienced gnosis with the gnosis you've experienced. This can be through sharing with fellow practitioners or by checking accepted canon.

Already experienced by me or other people? Or both?
Compare your experience to those with confirmed experiences, both current people and through accepted canon.

Got it. Thanks, you two.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:01 pm
Thank you much, Tea! I can't view it right now, unfortunately, but I will save the URL. heart  

Ultramarine Violet

Lady Maythen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:24 pm
I have a silly question D:

What would you call worship of the earth itself, not as you would dieties, but just as....Mother Earth? And still believe inanimate objects have souls and all that stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:31 pm
Couyon

What would you call worship of the earth itself, not as you would dieties, but just as....Mother Earth?

....Wearthship? ninja

Quote:
And still believe inanimate objects have souls and all that stuff.

Not personally sure about the previous one, but this part would definitely factor under animism iirc. 3nodding  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Maythen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 pm
Cyrus the Elder
Couyon

What would you call worship of the earth itself, not as you would dieties, but just as....Mother Earth?

....Wearthship? ninja

Quote:
And still believe inanimate objects have souls and all that stuff.

Not personally sure about the previous one, but this part would definitely factor under animism iirc. 3nodding

XD

Okay, I least I know what to call it. And your signature is awesome, btw.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 pm
What is psychodrama? What is its purpose? How is it achieved?  

Bastemhet

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:38 am
Sophist
What is psychodrama?

The use of drama to create a desired psyhcological outcome.

Sophist
What is its purpose?

What do you want to use it for?

Sophist
How is it achieved?

Dieting, blood flow control, sleep deprivation, ritual, drugs, music, meditation.... the list goes one.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:12 am
Couyon

You kinda contradicted yourself here.
You personified an inanimate object in terms of a deistic archetype and then excluded the concept of deification for the context.

Could you explain this?  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:04 am
CuAnnan
Sophist
What is psychodrama?

Sophist
What is its purpose?

I once saw someone post here that they were not able to bring their magical tools to where they lived, and needed them to create psychodrama in her spellworking. Mind answering the question in this context? It makes me wonder how much of spellworking affecs the outside world if psychodrama, a state of mind, is necessary to achieve it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:13 am
Sophist
CuAnnan
Sophist
What is psychodrama?

Sophist
What is its purpose?

I once saw someone post here that they were not able to bring their magical tools to where they lived, and needed them to create psychodrama in her spellworking. Mind answering the question in this context? It makes me wonder how much of spellworking affecs the outside world if psychodrama, a state of mind, is necessary to achieve it.
Depends on the system.
I know "Will Workers" who don't rely on any psychodrama within their magic.
I know some systems that don't believe in magic and rely completely on psychodrama.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:57 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist
Depends on the system.
I know "Will Workers" who don't rely on any psychodrama within their magic.
I know some systems that don't believe in magic and rely completely on psychodrama.

Could you please explain what a Will Worker is and why they don't rely on psychodrama?

What would be the purpose of achieving psychodrama in the context of something like a spell to bring job opportunities if it does not affect the outside world?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:47 pm
Sophist
Could you please explain what a Will Worker is and why they don't rely on psychodrama?
Will Workers is a generic term within my local social circle. (Read, mileage may vary)

It is essentially someone who uses their will alone to alter whatever "patterns" they need to produce a desired effect.

I understand the theory, but I can't say I completely agree with a number of the common premises.

Quote:
What would be the purpose of achieving psychodrama in the context of something like a spell to bring job opportunities if it does not affect the outside world?
Psychological effects.

In your example, confidence may not suddenly make job opportunities appear, but it could well make the person seeking the job more confident, and that could influence those who are hiring.  

TeaDidikai

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:11 pm
Does anyone have a site or something that explains basic grounding and shielding? The kind of stuff that they explain in fluffy pagan books. I never picked it up when I was new and now I'm at a loss on how to explain how to do it.

All I keep thinking of is plastic wrap and stuff from the Sweep books.

Edit: Ewww...nevermind. Unless someone has a site that doesn't involve the words "magick", "mother goddess", or "psychic attack".  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:22 am
AniMajor
Does anyone have a site or something that explains basic grounding and shielding? The kind of stuff that they explain in fluffy pagan books. I never picked it up when I was new and now I'm at a loss on how to explain how to do it.

Edit: Ewww...nevermind. Unless someone has a site that doesn't involve the words "magick", "mother goddess", or "psychic attack".
A whole website? Nothing comes to mind.
Some of it was covered briefly in the Basics Thread I made a while ago. Would that help?  

TeaDidikai

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:30 am
TeaDidikai
AniMajor

A whole website? Nothing comes to mind.
Some of it was covered briefly in the Basics Thread I made a while ago. Would that help?

Yes. That would help.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games