Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah. I'm still astounded at how busy that little place gets O_O
Definitely keeps me on my toes. It's crazy.
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:56 pm

brokenwingedangel
zz1000zz
brokenwingedangel
zz1000zz
brokenwingedangel
zz and I are close! I go to school in the city, so I'll be around OK for at least another two years, since I just finished my sophmore year.

Fun fact: my hacker lives in Edmond.

We are all so far away
crying

Where do you live?

I go to Oklahoma City University, and I'm sticking around for the summer since I'm stage managing for Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park. I'm from the Dallas area though.

And I think I'm going to Muskogee next weekend, my boyfriend and I just decided it xD

Well, you can feel safe knowing I will not be anywhere in the area. My plans for that weekend involve me sleeping a lot, a safe fifty miles away.

P.S. UCO is better than OCU.

OCU has a better theatre program than UCO, which is what I'm studying. So I'm good with OCU smile We also have killer music and dance programs. Over half the school is in the dance, music, or theatre schools. sweatdrop

I will give you that. UCO's art side really stagnated about five or six years ago. I am not artistic at all, so I rarely think about that issue when I consider schools.

Though the people at UCO are cooler.

brokenwingedangel
And I don't think I'd feel particularly threatened if you were in the area xD

Try spending a week around me.

zz1000zz
Crew

brokenwingedangel

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:29 pm

See, I'm a theatre major, and the majority of OCU students are performing arts students.

I know quite a few people from UCO who are pretty snazzy, but there's a lot of cool people at OCU too. It just happens you have alot of half-witted dancers and stereotypically fickle and snippy gay men.
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Ixor-san
Mine are working.
And I just realized that I never mentioned that I got a job at Sam's Club in the cafe. $10 and hour and I'm currently getting almost full time hours. ^^
Not much, but it's a paycheck I can rely on. 3nodding

Well, you're better off that I am in the job market, so kudos. smile Last time I worked at Sams, I was in the produce department. Not much fun. stare

Xandris

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:38 pm

Xandris
Ixor-san
Mine are working.
And I just realized that I never mentioned that I got a job at Sam's Club in the cafe. $10 and hour and I'm currently getting almost full time hours. ^^
Not much, but it's a paycheck I can rely on. 3nodding

Well, you're better off that I am in the job market, so kudos. smile Last time I worked at Sams, I was in the produce department. Not much fun. stare
Thank ees ^^
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 pm

I am alive and here and have nothing to contribute to any of these conversations. confused

Also, edit-fest may be coming to an end.

You know, nothing could actually stop it if people wanted it to continue.

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 pm

Fushigi na Butterfly
Also, edit-fest may be coming to an end.

It was fun for a while, at least. confused
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:36 am

brokenwingedangel
See, I'm a theatre major, and the majority of OCU students are performing arts students.

I know quite a few people from UCO who are pretty snazzy, but there's a lot of cool people at OCU too. It just happens you have alot of half-witted dancers and stereotypically fickle and snippy gay men.

I don't even live near either one anymore. Here in Tulsa we have nothing worth mentioning.

zz1000zz
Crew

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:12 am

zz1000zz
brokenwingedangel

I don't even live near either one anymore. Here in Tulsa we have nothing worth mentioning.

You mean Oral Roberts University isn't worth mentioning rofl

That's in Tulsa, right? I thought so, anyway.

And I have my main back! 4laugh I can haz my crewship back? Hopefully there will be no more username jumping.
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:01 pm

freelance lover
zz1000zz
brokenwingedangel

And I have my main back! 4laugh I can haz my crewship back? Hopefully there will be no more username jumping.

I have nothing good I could possibly say about ORU. I could speak for hours on the bad things of it.

I see what you did there. ninja

And yes, it is in Tulsa.

zz1000zz
Crew

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:50 am

zz1000zz
freelance lover
zz1000zz
brokenwingedangel

I have nothing good I could possibly say about ORU. I could speak for hours on the bad things of it.

And yes, it is in Tulsa.

I have a friend who went to ORU for a year, and the transfered here to OCU, which is a super liberal campus. She still says going to ORU "screwed her up a little" (read: gave her some very conservative views.) Course, now she's not even at OCU anymore, she's off at culinary school xD The girl can't make her mind up!

I have heard ORU has some really awesome sculptures on campus, but that's all I've heard. They apparently have a dress code, which would not sit well with me. Dress codes are a little to high school for me.
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:39 pm

freelance lover
zz1000zz
freelance lover
zz1000zz
brokenwingedangel

And yes, it is in Tulsa.

I have a friend who went to ORU for a year, and the transfered here to OCU, which is a super liberal campus. She still says going to ORU "screwed her up a little" (read: gave her some very conservative views.) Course, now she's not even at OCU anymore, she's off at culinary school xD The girl can't make her mind up!

I have heard ORU has some really awesome sculptures on campus, but that's all I've heard. They apparently have a dress code, which would not sit well with me. Dress codes are a little to high school for me.

Part of my problem with ORU is its "morality code," and the hypocrisy of it. I know of a student who was forced out of ORU for being a homosexual, and yet ORU has as much lying, drinking, drug use and sex as any other campus I have seen. The school is named for the evangelist Oral Roberts, but its behavior is more reminiscent to the televangelists (I wonder if anyone catches the implication).

Just a couple years ago the university president resigned in disgrace, with only a small portion of his disreputable behavior having been exposed. Everyone who went to that school knew the nonsense that was going on, but it was just accepted as how things were. Even without having attended the school, I always knew which people were doing what, since nobody really bothered to keep it a secret. I doubt there was a person on campus who couldn't have told you the university president's wife was having a long-term affair with an underage male.

And don't even get me started on the nonsense of ORU and the Bible.

zz1000zz
Crew

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:49 am

I remember hearing about that whole scandal, as it happened my freshman year of college and my friend had just transfered from ORU. She sounded like she was pretty aware of all the things that had been going on and we surprised they were just now being exposed.

She also had some terrible roommates at ORU. Mean, vindictive, awful roommates. Seriously, some of the worst roommate stories I had heard.

And I'm sure they have views of the Bible I would disagree with. I'm glad I picked a school that, while be church affiliated, is pretty lax on regulations. We're basically a liberal school pretending to be conservative to appease our rich, old, conservative donors.

Our president and first lady are also awesome.
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:18 pm

Aw, all this talk of college makes me wish I'd studied further. mrgreen

Priestley

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Priestley
Aw, all this talk of college makes me wish I'd studied further. mrgreen

Priestly... I just looked at your avatar xD Amazing. I think we should have a no pants party, just sayin'...

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games