Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LibrarianThaedrisAedis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:35 am

I had really gotten back into Warhammer 40,000 when I picked up the Gray Wolves series. I've put myself on a crusade to get as many novelizations of the WH40k universe, and I plan on getting into modelling when I have a job to pay for it smile

As for Lt. Brookman, you need to chill and not be such a jerk.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:36 am

EsgarBlackpoxs
Has anyone else read deathworld or The Last chancers trilogy? Deathworld was okay, but I liked/hated the ending of the Last chancers (the third book).

Was that where the main character ended up becoming possessed, and in was working for that traitor guy from the armegeddon campaign? Its been a long a** time ago since i read it if thats the one youre talking about.

King Kento

vaholm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:54 am

Lt. Brookman
Chaos created the Necrons... gtfo and read up on the Necron background already

no, chaos as a real force did not exist in that period the necrons were created by the race known as the C'tan (satan) from the fleshy and very much alive Necrontyr. Chaos only came later as all the races that the Old Ones made started to make ripples in the warp due to their emotions. That is why the Necrons kill everything, to harvest souls, but also in the hope that they can drive the warp back to it's placid state.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:27 pm

Ignoring the necron fluff,
Vaholm, I love your signature. Now just hold still while I dry hump it.

King Kento

ExLibrisMortis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:47 pm

On another note.... THE NEXT GAUNT GHOSTS BOOK IS ALMOST DONE!!!! WOOOTTTT!!!!! LOOK HERE!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:59 am

vaholm
Lt. Brookman

no, chaos as a real force did not exist in that period the necrons were created by the race known as the C'tan (satan) from the fleshy and very much alive Necrontyr. Chaos only came later as all the races that the Old Ones made started to make ripples in the warp due to their emotions. That is why the Necrons kill everything, to harvest souls, but also in the hope that they can drive the warp back to it's placid state.

The C'tan are "star gods". They are basically weaker versions of the Chaos Gods that are manifested in the warp I think. I'm a little hasy on the subject. But Chaos DID NOT create the Necrons. Not our fault this time razz . Chaos is my thing, and I know C'tan count as demons for demon hunter rules. I also heard one of the C'tan is also the Humans "machine god" worshipped by the tech priests on Mars.

What I do know is that Slaanesh is the Eldar's fault razz

SupremeMasterJ

ImperialAuthority

Gallant Paladin

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:32 pm

SupremeMasterJ
vaholm
Lt. Brookman

The C'tan are "star gods". They are basically weaker versions of the Chaos Gods that are manifested in the warp I think. I'm a little hasy on the subject. But Chaos DID NOT create the Necrons. Not our fault this time razz . Chaos is my thing, and I know C'tan count as demons for demon hunter rules. I also heard one of the C'tan is also the Humans "machine god" worshipped by the tech priests on Mars.

What I do know is that Slaanesh is the Eldar's fault razz

your right the C'tan not chaos created the Necron.
the necron were once carbon based life forms ( there race name is long forgotten) they had an empire spanning many galexies. A terrible plauge struck them and they could find no cure. As their race dwindled they looked upon the other living races with contempt and jelousy. They hated the fact that they were the only ones dieing. The C'tan came at this critical juncture and offered the race a way out in exchange for servitude. The race accepted and the C'tan ripped their souls from their bodies and thrust them into metal creations of destruction thus the Necron were born. They are primarily mindless ( with some exceptions) killing machines with a single purpose. To kill the living and harvest their souls for the C'tan to feed upon. They hate the living with a passion that can only come from a soul that has had millenia to rot and fester, stewing in its own contempt and loathing.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:38 am

.......no. According to the necron codex the necron had no empire. THeir race was born on a planet with terrible weather conditions and a hideous sun. Those conditions shortened their lives immeasurably. It took them many generations to travel to new planets, then they had their little empire....sortaof. A short while later they ran into another race who blew the s**t out of them and trapped them on their homeworld. Then comes the C'tan and their granting of immortality at the cost of freedom. Thus with all thier innumerable and immortal dead raised by the "gods" they attempted to purge the universe....The managed to beat the ruling race only because they had the C'tan on their side. So the ruling race summoned and created races and watched while the C'tan killed each other until few enough remained that they could be attacked. And then the ruling race "old ones I think" died and ******** up the warp...which screwed the C'tan which allowed the necrons to be crushed.

And necron turned out to not be immortal, There apperently are blades in the Empire that can rip the souls from people and the kill them. Or you can shoot and burn the hell out of them.

archmagedrow

ImperialAuthority

Gallant Paladin

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:39 pm

you could be right what Im going off of is what I've read from different races perspective on it, (primarily Eldar), so I might be wrong.

And I didnt mean immortal as i unkillable but as in unageing sorry for being unclear. I to have heard of the swords they have pre impirial origins and are mentioned in the Horus series
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:21 am

ah, I just went to a store and read the history section of the necron codex without buying it.

I think the empire managed to kill a C'tan btw......I think it was one of the random space marine novels....really weird

archmagedrow

A figment of imagination

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:01 pm

archmagedrow, your basically right, i have the necron codex from a brief "know thine enemy" phase, except the necrons wern't "defeated" as such, they went into stasis because of the enslaver plague wiping out most of the life the C'tan feed on. also the Old Ones rely on the races they created, The Eldar, Krork and human to name a few, to do most of the fighting, thus it was the eldar gods the C'tan killed, except for the laughing god and Khaine. i've only ever read the vaguest of hints as to what actually happened to the old ones. oh, and the C'tan can't be killed outright, their physical form is just a shell binding shell made of the same living metal as the monoliths, and when one is broken thier energy moves on to where a new one is formed in thier tomb worlds. but you are right, the "machine god" of the adeptus mechanicus is the Void Dragon by all the hints.
@imperial1989: the phase blades of the callidus temple assasins are of nectrontyr origen if thier the swords your talking about.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:43 am

Hey as much as Im all for tangents. Why not go to the necron thread? Get soem other people's input too and all that.

King Kento

ImperialAuthority

Gallant Paladin

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:50 pm

A figment of imagination
archmagedrow, your basically right, i have the necron codex from a brief "know thine enemy" phase, except the necrons wern't "defeated" as such, they went into stasis because of the enslaver plague wiping out most of the life the C'tan feed on. also the Old Ones rely on the races they created, The Eldar, Krork and human to name a few, to do most of the fighting, thus it was the eldar gods the C'tan killed, except for the laughing god and Khaine. i've only ever read the vaguest of hints as to what actually happened to the old ones. oh, and the C'tan can't be killed outright, their physical form is just a shell binding shell made of the same living metal as the monoliths, and when one is broken thier energy moves on to where a new one is formed in thier tomb worlds. but you are right, the "machine god" of the adeptus mechanicus is the Void Dragon by all the hints.
@imperial1989: the phase blades of the callidus temple assasins are of nectrontyr origen if thier the swords your talking about.

I had heard that the mechanicus worshop a Necron god. The one thing Im confused about is that the Eldar keep refering to chaos as the thing that killed their gods, am I misreading this or are the Eldar less aware of their history than they would like the other races to think.
About the blade I still don't know what its called but the guy who uses it in the Hores Heresy novels is named Maggard.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:03 pm

No, no, no. The Eldar berthed one of the Chaos gods. Slaanesh is the result of their hedonistic ways in millennia past. The majority of their gods did die in the War in Heaven. That having been said, I do agree that the pointy eared bastards are full of it.

And just for point of reference, I believe that the C'tan can be killed in enough raw warp energies were unleashed upon it.

Savayan

2,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:42 pm

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games