Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poodle dude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:02 am
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
Poodle dude
i took an empire canon crew member ga it a las gun from the cadian spreu, and he has one hand on his head wich usely was taken for holding his ear, i made bandages round is head with lots of blood and is ideal for a space marine saving mission, it's actually a civillian of a ruined imperial city

In the grim darkness of the future, there are no civillians. You're born or cloned with a gun.

Ever seen that movie Soldier?

-Mykal

yeah but that isn't based on 40K what so ever
i dont care bout the whole back ground i think he's cool  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:04 am
DarkElf27
Poodle dude
i took an empire canon crew member ga it a las gun from the cadian spreu, and he has one hand on his head wich usely was taken for holding his ear, i made bandages round is head with lots of blood and is ideal for a space marine saving mission, it's actually a civillian of a ruined imperial city

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Nice conversion, though.

thanks, however there wasn't that much to convert, i just added some stuff and changed its position  

Poodle dude

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:49 am
Done some converting on what will be a Hardened Veteran/Killteam squad for my IG. The main conversion is the Sargeant.

User Image

Someone in another forum thought that the arms were molded resin, I'd like to clarify that they are just parts that were primed Bleached Bone on the sprue.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:14 pm
do you have a larger picture, or one of just the seargent?  

wash_away

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:13 pm
DarkElf27
Someone in another forum thought that the arms were molded resin, I'd like to clarify that they are just parts that were primed Bleached Bone on the sprue.

I also thought that immediately. Really awesome work though, I love the "oh crap, I was killed by a guardsman" Marine pose. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:18 pm
wash_away
do you have a larger picture, or one of just the seargent?
I can get one...

[click to enlarge]
User Image  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Andreis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:15 pm
So how do you, pray tell, prime with bleached bone... O.o

Airbrush?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:15 pm
Spray can. You buy them at GW.

(Why the feck does everyone think I'm a resin pirate?! gonk )  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:00 am
DarkElf27

Most hobby shops only sell Black, White, and maybe Ogre Flesh spray. I've known there to be an old Ultramarine Blue spray somewhere down the line, though.

I like the base paint job you've done, but I also notice you've not primed it, since the back pack is not done.

-Mykal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:33 am
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
DarkElf27

Most hobby shops only sell Black, White, and maybe Ogre Flesh spray. I've known there to be an old Ultramarine Blue spray somewhere down the line, though.

I like the base paint job you've done, but I also notice you've not primed it, since the back pack is not done.

-Mykal

That's what the GW employee's yell at me about. So sue me. I usually don't prime models if they're already build, because A) priming doesn't get all the spots and B) the spots it does get can lost their texture if you aren't tediously careful.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:35 pm
DarkElf27

In my case, I had just been looking at Forge World pieces. "Hey, those look like resin!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:42 am
DarkElf27
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
DarkElf27

-Mykal

That's what the GW employee's yell at me about. So sue me. I usually don't prime models if they're already build, because A) priming doesn't get all the spots and B) the spots it does get can lost their texture if you aren't tediously careful.

It's the same with metal models.
Just use watered down Chaos Black to get the gaps.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:14 pm
Working on a very brave conversion: A hinged Chimera door that actually opens and shuts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:22 pm
DarkElf27
Working on a very brave conversion: A hinged Chimera door that actually opens and shuts.

dont they all do that?? or are you going to make the hinge for the door in a imperal way
Quote:
also so on a diffy accout my lighting marine he was made from smaller parts of other marine that were junk

knight of awsome

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:09 pm
onislayerman
DarkElf27

dont they all do that?? or are you going to make the hinge for the door in a imperal way
No, they don't. They glue shut, and can't open.

I got it finished, though, I just need to trim it a bit. And get new batteries for my camera...  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games