Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:10 pm
MC is not your average spartan, he's the best one there is, so its only fiar to match him up against a hero of a Marine.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:22 pm
Actually MC is not the best Spartan there is the only reason he is the last one because he was not on Reach the planet that the covenant glassed. Even Space Marine armor couldn't withstand the weapons from Covenants ship. The Spartans that defended the ground had been fighting in odds 100:1 literally, and they got glassesed with the rest of Reach. Plus you have to remember the Space Marines have been around a lot longer then the Spartan project it's only like 100 (give or take a 10 years) years in development and already his armor is growing better and better. Second in Halo 2 he is not human size he is almost exactly 7ft tall most Space Marines are 7 feet tall. I think it would be an even match. Anyway I had a question, okay so what's with the emperors champion. My one friend has about 10 of them can he use them all in one army?  

DartStriker

Desperado de Anarquia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:28 pm
If you play army chart no because the army chart alows 2 HQ units.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:52 am
Ahh Okay I thought so. Because 10 Champions is a real pain to take out.  

DartStriker

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:22 am
OK, so I missed alot here while I was sick, when did we get so many new members?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:46 pm
DartStriker
Anyway I had a question, okay so what's with the emperors champion. My one friend has about 10 of them can he use them all in one army?

I think you can only take one Emperor's Champion per game. Fluff stuff as well as game balancing.  

Fuzzmonkey007

Tziek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:13 pm
You know, i've been thinking... chaos terminators and imperial terminators both have 2A. I thought that imperial termies got that because of the term honors? To my knowledge, chaos can't have terminator honors... So why do they get the extra attack?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:18 pm
Fuzzmonkey007
DartStriker
Anyway I had a question, okay so what's with the emperors champion. My one friend has about 10 of them can he use them all in one army?

I think you can only take one Emperor's Champion per game. Fluff stuff as well as game balancing.
Even if he could have more than 1, there can only be a max of 2 HQ units, so no.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

greqrg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:15 pm
the emperors champion is a special character, you can only ever have one. also if you play black templar you must take him, you have no choice.

and as far as terminators go, its the armor that gives the 2+ save and 5+ invurnerable and the +1A. im not positive but i think even the chaos terminators have terminator honors, its just not a wargear item for chaos and is already included in the profile and such.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:13 pm
greqrg
the emperors champion is a special character, you can only ever have one. also if you play black templar you must take him, you have no choice.

and as far as terminators go, its the armor that gives the 2+ save and 5+ invurnerable and the +1A. im not positive but i think even the chaos terminators have terminator honors, its just not a wargear item for chaos and is already included in the profile and such.

Indeed. Interesting.  

Tziek

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:09 am
so when do we start another painting comp  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:22 am
greqrg

hello? knock knock, sell soul for mucho power  

Seraphine-Exalted

noiragleb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:53 pm
ughim  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:40 pm
DartStriker
Actually MC is not the best Spartan there is the only reason he is the last one because he was not on Reach the planet that the covenant glassed. Even Space Marine armor couldn't withstand the weapons from Covenants ship. The Spartans that defended the ground had been fighting in odds 100:1 literally, and they got glassesed with the rest of Reach. Plus you have to remember the Space Marines have been around a lot longer then the Spartan project it's only like 100 (give or take a 10 years) years in development and already his armor is growing better and better. Second in Halo 2 he is not human size he is almost exactly 7ft tall most Space Marines are 7 feet tall. I think it would be an even match. Anyway I had a question, okay so what's with the emperors champion. My one friend has about 10 of them can he use them all in one army?

He was on Reach, just not when it was glassed. He was doing something else while the other Spartans fought on the ground.  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:42 pm
alot of Spartans made it off reach. I read frist strike three like 5 who survive  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games