Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:35 pm

maenad nuri
ahhh, see I just think they are uncomfortable and ugly as sin. I have a friend that wears them to work. They have a place, just like other shoes though.
I'm not saying they're for everyone. It's just that I don't take the opposite side of the coin and decry those who purchase converse shoes for instance. Or high heels. Etc.

And she's ALWAYS bitching about them. I always wear them, and it's always OMG CROCS UGHHHHHH basically (ok maybe not in those words, but that's the message).

If you don't like crocs, that's fine, just don't make a point of decrying them everytime you see them.

I guess it's just my insecurity issues. >.< But goddamnit, she was really hypocritical to tell me to not be down on myself only to then rag on me herself.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm part of the pagan group at our school, and they used to be a fairly decent group of people, only a couple of fluffs who weren't around very often (though one of them did manage to loose us a couple of new members when she told a girl from Turkey that she didn't know what religious persecution was scream ). I haven't gotten to go very often this year because it's when I have rehearsals, but I finally went again last week. I shouldn't have! Only two of the older members are left - one being the girl who ran off the Turkish girl, and the other being awesome, but not showing up very often - and the rest are crazy fluffs.

One of the girls is a freshman who I met through a different group of friends and seems to be interested in paganism just so she can piss off her mom. Well, I show up to our meeting and she was all, "oh! you're invited to my binding ceremony too!" I kinda did a double take, cuz I was thinking some kind of initiation, which wouldn't be right either cuz she's only been pagan for a few months and even most fluffs follow some kind of year deal. But no, she's getting "handfasted"!!! To a guy she met online and has only met IRL twice! GAH! I'm so tired of people.

Ainwyn

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Rajani Kali
But no, she's getting "handfasted"!!! To a guy she met online and has only met IRL twice! GAH! I'm so tired of people.
You got a problem with folks who meet online and get married after only meeting IRL twice? confused
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:06 pm

TeaDidikai
Rajani Kali
But no, she's getting "handfasted"!!! To a guy she met online and has only met IRL twice! GAH! I'm so tired of people.
You got a problem with folks who meet online and get married after only meeting IRL twice? confused
It might depend upon who is performing the "handfasting." Personally, I've heard stories of such things being long and happy relationships, (I mean, internet ones, er, both).

Gho the Girl

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Rajani Kali
To a guy she met online and has only met IRL twice! GAH!

Hey now, online relationships can flourish even with very few meetings. It's less common but it still happens.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Rajani Kali
It might depend upon who is performing the "handfasting." Personally, I've heard stories of such things being long and happy relationships, (I mean, internet ones, er, both).
I know this crazy British guy. On his first visit to the US, he and this chick basically had an informal wedding. After his third visit, they were legally married.

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
Maze
Did he get it now, at least? o:

I have no clue. I hope so.
Here's what you do:
Talk to your dad. Tell him your mom has a letter from you, that you can't discuss the subject matter over the phone, but that you really want him to read it.

I'm seriously pissed at your mom, which may not be fair since I don't know her personally.

I'm going to wait a few more days and call again. If she hasn't given it to him then I'm going to call him up and tell him that she has the letter I sent and may have "forgotten" to get it to him.

Quote:
One of the administrators at the youth center really pissed me off today. I really look up to this woman, so it IS REALLY HEXING WHEN SHE IS CATTY TO ME. I don't know if she knows what she's doing, but FATHER'S BACK TEETH GAHHRRR. She keeps thinking I'm being down on everyone, and then freaking makes fun of my crocs. Which she ALWAYS DOES. My crocs are important to me. They've served me well for all the time I've had them. Seriously, she does not understand my connection to these shoes. I told her she doesn't understand, and she said "Oh, I UNDERSTAND"

scream *explodes*

Thank Goddess the head of the youth program was there. She stuck up for 'em. Goddess I love her, she's the nicest person ever and I've known her for quite a few years. And she told me how to get to Equal Grounds, the local queer coffee shop, which was awesome.

Is this who I think it is, the one mocking your crocs? Or am I confused?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:14 pm

TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Rajani Kali
I know this crazy British guy. On his first visit to the US, he and this chick basically had an informal wedding. After his third visit, they were legally married.
If they are both happy and fulfilled, then such a union is very blessed. I make no judgements on how two people meet and marry, what matters to me is the love that they share, and the joy they find in their union. Who am I to belittle what is obviously right for them? Such is not my place. Mother and Father bless them all their days.

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Recursive Paradox
Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
Maze
Did he get it now, at least? o:

I have no clue. I hope so.
Here's what you do:
Talk to your dad. Tell him your mom has a letter from you, that you can't discuss the subject matter over the phone, but that you really want him to read it.

I'm seriously pissed at your mom, which may not be fair since I don't know her personally.

I'm going to wait a few more days and call again. If she hasn't given it to him then I'm going to call him up and tell him that she has the letter I sent and may have "forgotten" to get it to him.
Very wise. Gho and I are both gunning for you. You go girl!
Quote:

Quote:
One of the administrators at the youth center really pissed me off today. I really look up to this woman, so it IS REALLY HEXING WHEN SHE IS CATTY TO ME. I don't know if she knows what she's doing, but FATHER'S BACK TEETH GAHHRRR. She keeps thinking I'm being down on everyone, and then freaking makes fun of my crocs. Which she ALWAYS DOES. My crocs are important to me. They've served me well for all the time I've had them. Seriously, she does not understand my connection to these shoes. I told her she doesn't understand, and she said "Oh, I UNDERSTAND"

scream *explodes*

Thank Goddess the head of the youth program was there. She stuck up for 'em. Goddess I love her, she's the nicest person ever and I've known her for quite a few years. And she told me how to get to Equal Grounds, the local queer coffee shop, which was awesome.

Is this who I think it is, the one mocking your crocs? Or am I confused?
If the person's name starts with a hard C then you're right.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:27 pm

TeaDidikai
Rajani Kali

No, it's more the fact that she's 18 and is just getting hand fasted because they don't have to make it legal, so when the whole thing falls through, she can just act like it didn't happen. She also threw a big fit about her mom not liking him and being against her. Who knows, it might work out for them, and if it does, I'm happy for her, it's just there's a lot of things leading up to it that make me feel uneasy about the whole thing.

Ainwyn

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:00 pm

Does anyone else find DearSX's posts cause them to twitch with . . . whatever conniptuous emotions i'm feeling now.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Gho the Girl
Does anyone else find DearSX's posts cause them to twitch with . . . whatever conniptuous emotions i'm feeling now.

Sometimes

maenad nuri
Captain

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:12 pm

`Blaise
i was swarmed by angry neo-wiccans in a chat room for saying that there are far more credible authors than silver ravenwolf.

):

Where? Can I please go annoy them?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Rajani Kali
No, it's more the fact that she's 18 and is just getting hand fasted because they don't have to make it legal, so when the whole thing falls through, she can just act like it didn't happen.
So? It isn't like she invented Marriage by Consent or that she's all that different from other people who have happy long term relationships that start the same way.
Quote:

She also threw a big fit about her mom not liking him and being against her.
Parents can be assholes. The couple I mentioned didn't have the mother of the bride at the wedding because she wouldn't make it through the ceremony without being rude. I'm still not seeing a problem based on the information presented.

Quote:
Who knows, it might work out for them, and if it does, I'm happy for her, it's just there's a lot of things leading up to it that make me feel uneasy about the whole thing.
Are either of them abusive and thus a threat to themselves or others? Does it effect you directly outside of your casual interaction within the group?

Just in case you're interested, that Brit I mentioned has been married to the same chick for almost six years.

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Building a playlist can be cathartic. I updated the one in my profile.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games