Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:05 pm
Clasela

Hello everyone~ I'm Mina, I joined Gaia in 2007 when I was 13, so I guess you could say I grew up with Gaia. A few months ago, before this huge mess happened, my application accepted to become apart of this site and I was overly thrilled because I could finally contribute to something that I love. And now, I am conflicted. I used to buy cash when I could spare $5 here and there. But now I have a car to run, student loans to pay off and groceries to buy, which is why I do not understand why Gaia is doing this to it's members when they know most of us are in the same position financially. Anyway, it's nice to join a guild with people wanting to save Gaia in a peaceful union.

Hi Mina! I'm so glad you came to join us in our peaceful efforts. It's frustrating for many of us that come from various financial backgrounds. At the end of it all, we're just trying to have our collective voices heard on all fronts because we miss the Gaia we all used to know and love.

I'm glad you're here. Welcome to the Revolution family!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:09 pm
Madame Xiva

Thank you and so do I. Come back old Gaia, come back... gonk
It's nice to be around people with similar opinions. I look forward to being apart of this.

Clasela

FireKattana

Lonely Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Hello!
I'm FireKattana,
But I go by Katt.
I've been on Gaia since...
Uh... 2005?
Yeah, 2005.
This is my second main account,
The first having been banned years ago.

I feel kind of weird joining this guild right now,
Since only 2 of my currently-equipped items are non-cash items,
But after reading the forums
I'm pretty committed to not spending any more money with Gaia until things change.
I've been a pretty loyal Gaia customer,
Typically getting several MC letters as well as cash each month I've been active,
And after spending all of that money over all those years,
I can safely say that I feel like Gaia isn't the same as it was.

The recent push for "Moar moar moar cashes!"
Is really frustrating to me,
And the (re-re-re-re-re)re-release of Flynn's Assets
Is really the last straw.
$60 G-Cash used to last me a month.
Now? There are items (okay bundles but still) for over $500.
That is just -asinine- to me.
Who do they think their memberbase IS? D:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:07 am
FireKattana

Hello!
I'm FireKattana,
But I go by Katt.
I've been on Gaia since...
Uh... 2005?
Yeah, 2005.
This is my second main account,
The first having been banned years ago.

I feel kind of weird joining this guild right now,
Since only 2 of my currently-equipped items are non-cash items,
But after reading the forums
I'm pretty committed to not spending any more money with Gaia until things change.
I've been a pretty loyal Gaia customer,
Typically getting several MC letters as well as cash each month I've been active,
And after spending all of that money over all those years,
I can safely say that I feel like Gaia isn't the same as it was.

The recent push for "Moar moar moar cashes!"
Is really frustrating to me,
And the (re-re-re-re-re)re-release of Flynn's Assets
Is really the last straw.
$60 G-Cash used to last me a month.
Now? There are items (okay bundles but still) for over $500.
That is just -asinine- to me.
Who do they think their memberbase IS? D:

Hi, Kattana! We're glad you decided to join!
You don't have to feel weird at all. Many of our members wear cash shop items. They've earned them, so why not? We're not completely against GC anyway, just how much it's invaded the site.
I saw your thread in the SF forum, by the way. It was very well written!
Anyway, welcome to the guild, and I hope to see you around! =)  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Buggabug

Sparkly Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 am
Hello. :]

I'm Buggabug. I have been a member since 2004 on this account and 2003 in general. I was working on starting my own guild very similar to this one until someone pointed this one out to me. :] So here I am! I am ready to do whatever necessary to get my Gaia back. :]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:47 pm
Buggabug
Hello. :]

I'm Buggabug. I have been a member since 2004 on this account and 2003 in general. I was working on starting my own guild very similar to this one until someone pointed this one out to me. :] So here I am! I am ready to do whatever necessary to get my Gaia back. :]

Hey Buggabug, we're stoked to have you with us!
I'm looking forward to your ideas. 3nodding
Welcome to the guild!  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 pm
Hello everyone~ You can call me Rainy. (To save you time from typing out all of the spaces ^^; )

I've only been a member since 2011, but I could say that I had a sense of what the "old" Gaia was like.

Unfortunately I have to admit that I was one among the many Gaians who let GC take the best of me and bought a Flynn's Booty.
(Only got 80k- I thought it was 800k at first..However I've only bought four items from the Cash Shops in total so...)

Just a couple weeks ago I signed a petition asking Gaia to deal with the GC issues and inflation, much like what this guild is asking of Gaia... And that's when I realized what was really going on around here.

After several rounds of signature stalking, I found this guild, and couldn't be more grateful for those banners/links that led me here :]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:03 pm
Hey everyone, you can call me Petite or Anna if you wish (Anna is my real name). I've been on Gaia since 2006, and I clearly remember the first time they announced the cash shop way back when. It was pretty cool back then to be honest, and I remember how excited I was when I bought my first EI, Fausto's Bottle.

....Things have changed a lot since then, obviously, and I've been very sad to see all the bad decisions Gaia has made in basically shutting out all of their non-paying, long-time and loyal users.

I'm getting tired of and more sad every time they make an announcement for Flynn's booty/chest or hear about it in the SF forum (in which I now regularly lurk and sometimes post).

I'm sick of them coming up with "cool new features" that require cash and ONLY cater to people who are going to give them money.

It's just sad because I almost feel like I have no reason to stay anymore, but now that I've found this guild, I've gotten a little encouragement to actually do something about it.

I hope to get to know you guys better and help out as much as I can in the time that I have. ^^  

la petite mignonne

Sparkly Fatcat

Crucified Panther

Friendly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:10 pm
Hi everyone!
I'm Panther, a 2005'er, a chick, a college student, a long time lurker of Gaia.
I normally never post on the forums unless I'm roleplaying, but this recent really struck a nerve for me and here I am. If a lurker has something bad to say to the point they actually post about it, you know there's a problem.
neutral
I have such fond memories of Gaia, and it's been with me since I was a young teenager. I've met some long lasting friends on here through so many roleplays. It's honestly upsetting to watch this. I can't even enjoy myself on here as much as I used to.

The saddest part is not just Flynn's nibbly bits, but the lack of professionalism the staff has shown. I've lurked in almost all of the threads and read a good portion of their responses. It really disturbs me. The best thing Gaia had going for them years ago were its community and the staff.

I tried going to another avatar based community, but it's hard to let go of something that you have deep roots in, especially since I really enjoy roleplaying here and the variety of threads created daily by users.
and I hate change, this site centering still bothers me and it's been here for weeks

So I hope I get the chance to say hello to everyone and get to know people so we can solve this problem. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 pm
Hi guys~ I'm lost-silent-star, formerly cadet_luu, and formerly therealzena till s**t happened to that account...

I found your guild, was interested, so here I am.

I've also been with this site for a while but I took a hiatus a couple months ago so I showed up when s**t started happening for real.....  

The_Final_Checkmate

Invisible Hunter

9,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Opera Phantom_95

Shadowy Phantom

9,600 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Timid 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:26 pm
Hello!
I am Opera Phantom_95. I've been on Gaia since February 2009. I've been a fan of Gaia ever since I started. The recent pushing of Gaia Cash and Flynn's body is just too much. The inflation is insane, and the lack of professionalism shown by the staff when they talk with/to the users is appalling.
I've tried other avatar communities. I was on Crysandrea before it shut down (the beginning of Alchemy led me to Crys), and recently I've joined Ernya. But Gaia holds a special place in my heart, and if it's going down, I'll go down with it rather than jump ship.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:19 am
Hi,
I'm Elyarne, as you can see.
I'm 16.
I have been a member for about two and a half years.
I haven't spent a cent on Gaia, rather I have watched ads for GC.
I am upset because:
arrow I was addicted to Smashblox before I realised Gaia was taking money without much give and manipulating users to become addicted. It hurt.
arrow I bought Flynn's Booty before I realised I was hurting the economy. I have since sent as much as possible down the sink and I'm now worse off than when I started.
arrow I find popups personally affronting and hurtful even more than they are annoying. I do not want to be harassed whilst using the site.
arrow Because I do not spend real life money, I can not afford ANYTHING on the MP or CS any more.
I am passionate that Gaia improves and thus stays afloat. They think they are being a better "business" but they are losing customers by the day.  

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

Moonlight Rose JoJo

Friendly Conversationalist

16,750 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:31 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Moonlight Rose113
Pegasaurus Rex
Moonlight Rose113
Hello~
My name is Joanna, but I'm also called JoJo :3
I love playing tennis! heart heart heart
I joined Gaia in 2011, but I have been on and off, so I've only played for about a year.
Mostly I chat in the forums and PM people. Feel free to add, quote, or PM me!
I joined this guild to try and stop the HUGE overemphasis on Gaia Cash, which is also causing the inflation.
And, honestly, bringing back past 250GC items for 5000GC and having flash sales EVERY day is simply ridiculous.
Have a nice day~ :')

Hey Joanna! I'm glad you decided to join us.
I agree, it feels like Gaia only cares about GC these days. ;-;
Hope to see you around!

You too! :3
How are you?
Oh noes! I didn't see the announcement early enough and logged in on Sunday! :<

Doing good!
Haha, it's okay. We're thinking of doing this every-other Sunday (or every Sunday if you're really enthusiastic), so you can always participate next time!

That's good :3
Mmmm I definitely will!
It seems like the admin have been sending out announcements due to many complaints about the overemphasis on GC
At least something's happened... Sorta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:41 am
r a i n i i_d a i s
Hello everyone~ You can call me Rainy. (To save you time from typing out all of the spaces ^^; )

I've only been a member since 2011, but I could say that I had a sense of what the "old" Gaia was like.

Unfortunately I have to admit that I was one among the many Gaians who let GC take the best of me and bought a Flynn's Booty.
(Only got 80k- I thought it was 800k at first..However I've only bought four items from the Cash Shops in total so...)

Just a couple weeks ago I signed a petition asking Gaia to deal with the GC issues and inflation, much like what this guild is asking of Gaia... And that's when I realized what was really going on around here.

After several rounds of signature stalking, I found this guild, and couldn't be more grateful for those banners/links that led me here :]
Welcome! We're so glad to have you with us!  

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100

frozen_water

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 am
la petite mignonne
Hey everyone, you can call me Petite or Anna if you wish (Anna is my real name). I've been on Gaia since 2006, and I clearly remember the first time they announced the cash shop way back when. It was pretty cool back then to be honest, and I remember how excited I was when I bought my first EI, Fausto's Bottle.

....Things have changed a lot since then, obviously, and I've been very sad to see all the bad decisions Gaia has made in basically shutting out all of their non-paying, long-time and loyal users.

I'm getting tired of and more sad every time they make an announcement for Flynn's booty/chest or hear about it in the SF forum (in which I now regularly lurk and sometimes post).

I'm sick of them coming up with "cool new features" that require cash and ONLY cater to people who are going to give them money.

It's just sad because I almost feel like I have no reason to stay anymore, but now that I've found this guild, I've gotten a little encouragement to actually do something about it.

I hope to get to know you guys better and help out as much as I can in the time that I have. ^^
Oh, I remember that too! I was little so I didn't have the money, but I loved that EI. heart

Welcome to the guild, hopefully it'll help you make some new memories!  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games