Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Non-Anime Related
The Official Rant Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 131 132 133 134 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrotek
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:45 pm
violet_faerie
My new rant....

newbies....

Dont get me wrong, I wuv them to death, i'm glad that they were new, we were all new once....but i'm starting to get annoyed (probably cuz i do a lot of greeting in the welcome forum) i've noticed way too many

"I'm so lonely i need a bf, or "can all the cute guys come talk to me" or "how do i get a cute gaian bf"

first annoying one....second is "i'm new so i need money, i just got here so u better donate to me"( <--- like i'm obligated cuz ur new to spare u money)..... "or give me half ur money and i'll make it double, i just got here and i now a way...." <--- i got like 6000 those in pms (heavily exaggerated)

Maybe i'm ranting just cuz i've gotten 35+ pm's a day from newbies tellin me all this crap....or i go to the forums and i see all these messags....the same ones after the same ones....>< its grating mi nerves.....

i mean whats up w/thse gaia bfs/gfs.....sheesh....but the funni thing is too that once they get u as a friend they talk to u for 6.5 sec and than u never hear from than again...dives me nuts....okay that was a long rant....

Maybe i'm also ranting cuz i'm bored to death....but i noticed that and just felt like expressing myself.....

and i know ur gonna say....'if u stop greeting people u would'nt have this problem now would u.....' okay u can say it
Same things happened to me. I hate beggars, I hate those who "I need a bf/gf", I hate n00bs. Problems with newbies are that they tries too hard and none at all. However, those who are newbs with an intellect mind. I can huggle them all day. xd Ok, so what if I can't/refuse to do so?

Don't worry, my avi got hit on too. Hahah. They're just falling in love with the avi. xd
That person would never have said that if she saw my pic. xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:30 pm
scream There's a difference between a n00b and a newbie, you know. When I first joined Gaia, I could already type as fast as I talk - which is pretty damned fast, if you ask my friends - and hold my own in an intelligent disccussion. I bypassed all the so-called 'n00b' forums and went straight to ED, where I was indistiguishable from the long-time members. But when people found out I'd only be a member for a week, they started ignoring me and talking down to me! I got so pissed at them! I just wanted to smack them all upside the head with a house, and as physically impossible as that is, you'd have to admit it would be very satisfying.

scream And another thing! What the hell is wrong with OCs? Every time I write a fanfic with an OC in it, she automatically gets labeled a Mary Sue! Other fic authors know what I'm talking about, don't you? It's damned frustrating! I put a lot of time and effort into making a character and inserting her into the canon storyline, and these idiots who've never taken the time to write a book report come in yelling about Mary Sues and literary scourges and stuff! I just... wanna... kill 'em.... stressed  

WingScythe

Syrotek
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:43 pm
There is a fine line between a newb and a n00b. Surprisingly, not a lot of people in the welcoming thread know the difference. They even tell the wrong definition to the newbs...Gah! Get your information straight before you confuse others!!! scream  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:08 pm
Iyamashi
There is a fine line between a newb and a n00b. Surprisingly, not a lot of people in the welcoming thread know the difference. They even tell the wrong definition to the newbs...Gah! Get your information straight before you confuse others!!! scream

yesh i agree and wing scythe i've noticed that tooo...i had a newbie friend who was in tears because he started role playing and it was his first week too and all the members ganged up on him to make him feel miserable....sigh....i have plenty of cool newbie friends...i cant understand why people would want to make their lives miserable....i mean we were all new ^^

Anyway as for ur fanfics....i tried that once to insert a OC and it never worked,i mean it worked where as the person i created went beautifully along w/the story but the fans kept saying they dont want anyone that wasnt in the canon...got to many flames, and stupid people w/no imaginations..... i personally dont mind reading OC's as long as their done in tasteful fashion (and a lot arent) thats why i just started sticking w/the stories characters cuz people are to retarded to go beyond the normal.....  

violet faerie

WingScythe

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:22 am
Yeah, I guess your skin just isn't as thick as mine. I should start collecting flames and post them on one of my websites for other people to laugh at....
But I also get enough people who find my OCs interesting, fun, and realistic that I don't mind the flames. And the really funny part is, the flamers are the ones who didn't even read the story; just the part where I mentioned there'd be an OC. They skipped the story and went right to the flaming. Dumbasses. stare

So, Violet, you're a fic author? What fandoms do you write?  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:28 pm
WingScythe
Yeah, I guess your skin just isn't as thick as mine. I should start collecting flames and post them on one of my websites for other people to laugh at....
But I also get enough people who find my OCs interesting, fun, and realistic that I don't mind the flames. And the really funny part is, the flamers are the ones who didn't even read the story; just the part where I mentioned there'd be an OC. They skipped the story and went right to the flaming. Dumbasses. stare

So, Violet, you're a fic author? What fandoms do you write?

Yup i'm a fanfic author...such a lazy author that i get crazy amount of emails threating they'll hunt me down if i dont finish my fics....but as reiterate my point again...i'm so lazy....50 million more stories written to t ype....but on to my point,

Cardcaptor Sakura, Crossover of Yugioh/YuYu Hakusho....Yugioh....Escaflowne Fushiqi Yuqqi.....ummm tons more.....Gundam Wing

Mine are mostly alternative pairings....i think i might have a few canon couples not sure cant really remember....

I have like 8 stories not published but in the works.... to lazy to finish typing them...

I have non orignal fiction posted, just poems....  

violet faerie

WingScythe

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:07 am
I'm a huge Gundam Wing fan; it's my biggest fandom. Twelve of my twenty-eight published works are Gundam Wing. I have fun with the pairings in that one.
I also write Sailor Moon, Dragon Knights, Cowboy Bebop, and lots of crossovers. I think crossovers are the most fun to write. Some of my crossovers include a Gundam Wing/Law & Order: SVU, a Gundam Wing/Dragon Knights, a Sailor Moon/Dragon Knights, a Gundam Wing/Sailor Moon, and a Gundam Wing/Harry Potter. There are more, but I think you get the idea.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:42 pm
WingScythe
I'm a huge Gundam Wing fan; it's my biggest fandom. Twelve of my twenty-eight published works are Gundam Wing. I have fun with the pairings in that one.
I also write Sailor Moon, Dragon Knights, Cowboy Bebop, and lots of crossovers. I think crossovers are the most fun to write. Some of my crossovers include a Gundam Wing/Law & Order: SVU, a Gundam Wing/Dragon Knights, a Sailor Moon/Dragon Knights, a Gundam Wing/Sailor Moon, and a Gundam Wing/Harry Potter. There are more, but I think you get the idea.

Cool, are they posted on ff.net mediaminer aff.net??? if they are not or on another site, can i get the url sometime i would love to read some of ur work ^^  

violet faerie

Sparticus13

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:15 pm
bah im tired do you think i should stay up another 6 hours and go to work or end up only getting like 4 hours of sleep and then go to work?  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:17 pm
SLEEP... like i will be doing in a few minutes  

violet faerie

Sparticus13

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:37 pm
i can't sleep now i ment in like 3 hours lol....  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:39 pm
I need to be sleeping now but everytime i go to sign up i check the guild one more time and there's always anew post....so than i jsut gotta answser....so sad....  

violet faerie

Sparticus13

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:41 pm
well im always going to be posting once i get on cause damn gaia has my soul :throws right hand in the are shaking fist cursing at gaia for having his soul:  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:31 pm
My new rant of the week, or day.... knowing me i'll probably have one tomm....

But GYMN the most favorite class in school (yeah right ^^) but anyway on to my point

We have to run the mile, obviously u have to do something in gymn...but the rule is when doing the mile there should be no WALKING....POWER WALKING....or any type of accepting rides from school kids to get out of Running....

Yesh i'm not an avid runner, i dont spend mi days saying "o i cant wait to run..." but i do run, when its gymn or i need to...and i RUN....

i think what i'm ticked off about is i saw some of my class, accepting rides from people to get out of running....>< i mean i got asked, too....but seriously if this is to help mi benefit....stayin in shape, losing weight....why would i get out of it....so i said no

The gymn teacher found out...which resulted in everyone running 4 miles while she ran with...i never stopped one time...while everyone else i guess thought its time to catch up the new rumors of school....i ran all freakin four...which ended me up in the bathroom pukin my guts out... very gross....

Sigh i'm just mad we all got punished for something stupid people did....makes me berri mad indeed.....  

violet faerie

Darkaznstargoddess

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:13 pm
Newest rant.

I'm annoyed right now.
School related and a bit about the family.

About school. These two freshmen in my french class are so annoying!! There is that one fat one with the chubby pink cheeks and the girl that dresses like a slut but looks like a slug. -.-; Yesterday while in the computer lab reparing for the quiz we had today. They were so damn annoying! I had to sit by them and bear their immaturity. Gack.. I listened to them suck up to the french teacher and act like ********. I was tempted to yelled at them for constantly making sound on the mac computers beacuse it was disturbing and very kindergaten. They spent the whole time there just trying to by funny but really they were making fools out of themselves..I was so close to cussing them out.

Even I can't belive this. My dad just bought a gamecube for my little brother who doesn't even deserve it. The kid doesn't do his homework and lacks traditional values. -.-;
His grades just keep on slipping more and more with the more he gets spoiled. -.-; Yet my parents are scowding(sp) me about getting a C+ on my mid-terms in biology. -.-; ********.. Little brother gets D+s in his science class which I remeber taking his age and getting at least a ******** Gamecubes suck.
They should have gotten a ps2 instead.

Non-Anime Related

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 131 132 133 134 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games