Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Lily's Pad ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 160 161 162 163 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stay open or close shop
  Don't care
  Pie
  Throw rocks at TES
View Results

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:21 pm
oh thank goodness
*sips the clove tea*
no - no cookies for me thanks - I just need to stay calm and collected it all.
*feels the headache slip away*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:23 pm
Can't buy them anymore? Since when? *glances over at the collection of pastries and contemplates getting a cookie*  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:26 pm
*sits down again, reaching into the box for a cookie*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:27 pm
*ayami looks down*
apparently if you live in the USA you can't buy clove cigarettes anymore at a tobacco shop...
they are now illegal to sell

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:30 pm
Clove cigarettes are illegal? *thinks for a moment* That's just clove, the spice, right? Would it be possible to just buy the spice and some cigarette papers, then just roll them yourself?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:35 pm
Already? gonk I remember hearing about a flavored cigarette ban being contemplated, but I didn't realize they were already initializing it. It's none of government's business what cigarettes you smoke, nor if you smoke cigarettes at all, but I suppose if they're going to be trying to foot the bill for medical expenses with their national health care plan, they'll be wanting to take away any potential health hazards they can. But government shouldn't be paying for people's health care in the first place....

*shoves a cookie in his mouth before he goes off on a long political rant* {believe me... I can....}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:37 pm
yep.. weird huh?
I was taken completely by surprise.

went to buy some Djarums clove cigarettes the other day (i'll have less than a pack a month for headaches) and the shopkeep told me no more they are now illegal FDA passed it 9/23/09 apparently. yah any "flavored" cigarette but they don't consider mint or menthol a flavor apparently...

but you can by them by the carton direct online from the company but i don't want to do that I don't want that many around my house!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:40 pm
*ayami sighs and sips more tea to calm her upset nature*  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:45 pm
I understand why they're doing it... it's so that the flavors won't tempt minors to start smoking. I didn't realize it had already been passed, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:48 pm
I think the goal is eventually an all out ban on tobacco products, but of course dropping that on the American people right off the bat would not go over too well. So what they're doing instead is gradually getting rid of them by trying to reduce the amount of smokers by instigating regulations that make being a smoker an inconvenience. They managed to get the flavored cigarette ban across by claiming that flavored cigarettes were a tactic tobacco companies used to "market to children"... which of course is completely false.

Cigarettes aren't marketed to children any more than alcohol is, but people know from the alcohol prohibition that taking away people's alcohol causes more problems than letting them drink. You would think they would be able to deduce from this that enforcing a prohibition on other products would essentially have the same effect...

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:50 pm
*ayami giggles*
cloves are yummy!
*sips more tea*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:56 pm
.... I think I need another cookie... *munch*  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:12 pm
*senses a new presence*
ohh i think icy is back!!
nice chattin with ya guys!
thanks for the tea i needed it.
^_~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:14 pm
Icy? Isn't she one of the ones who was giving you problems eariler, TES?  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

havenne17

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:16 pm
*comes in and goes behind counter to make up some coffee*

ah, more cookies from Chef Karrie! oh, yum

*gets a cookie*

TES, the next time the tiger creates a diversion, I suggest you take advantage of it. geez. Sure you don't want to lay low until, um, certain people find their ticket for themselves?

*sits down to enjoy her coffee*  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 160 161 162 163 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games