Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[-][L-A][P-1x1] .:A Not-So-Classic Romance:. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 pm

One violet eyebrow rose.
This was either a very good idea... or the worst one the Marquess had ever heard.
"Are you suggesting I live as an actor, Peter?" Eduard asked, seriously considering the idea.
'Could I live three weeks outside my mansion? Of course I would have to attend some functions as myself, strictly to keep up appearances... unless...'
"I could have Sebastian give my regards to all that call on me that I am currently visiting Rosaline's hometown..." Eduard mused softly, his dark purple eyes focused on Peter. "To be honest, I fear that I would hardly be able to live as you have for three weeks... granted, that isn't to say I would not try."

(((I swear I thought I already replied here earlier... must have been when my comp glitched and I had to turn everything off.... GOMEN!)))

(((BTW... "lighted" ? First line...)))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:24 am
P e t e r - W i n t e r s

Peter blushed.
"Well... I do admit that an actor's life isn't anything like an aristocrats..."
Though Peter was starting to think that this was a bad idea, he stuck with it, in hopes that it would pull through.
Not only would it be fun, he knew, it would also be very helpful to the Marquess. Acting all the time tended to make people get into a different mindset. And it would definitely help with Eduard's accent, being around commoners all the time, and all.
"We don't have to do it for that long, you know."
Peter smiled slightly, shrugging his shoulders.
"I had only thought that perhaps you could be a distant cousin or something, coming in for a week to live with my family while your family is away."
Peter blushed, remembering something.
"Wait. I've told you, right? I don't live with my parents, usually."
He hoped that he had told Eduard this before, but it probably slipped his mind and never came out.
Perhaps that would change things.

((Why is it that we always make mistakes almost right next to each other? Fixed it.))

L a d y - R o s a l i n e

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:00 pm

This was an odd concept to Eduard.
He had just assumed that Peter lived at home...
"Do you mean to tell me that you've been living at the theatre?" the Marquess asked quizzically. "I mean... there are some who live there, but I had not pegged you as one of them."
However, to the idea of taking on the life of an actor, the man smiled. "Do not worry, Peter. I think I could last at least a week perhaps. My main concern is if I slip up and reveal myself... though... I suppose you have worried about that quite often." Eduard laughed softly. "Our roles, for once, would be reversed... and that sounds like quite the challenge..."

(((I think it's because our minds go, "YAY! I found one! Oh s**t I made one..." No idea really, hehehe.)))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Peter laughed at both of Eduard's ideas.
The first one was something that Peter couldn't imagine himself, while the second was just an amusing thought.
"Well, to answer your question as to where I live... I live in an apartment..." He trailed off, suddenly shy. "Well, sort of... The landlady is a nice old woman who lets me live there for a relatively cheap price..."
A soft pink tinged his cheeks as he spoke his next words.
"Though it's barely all I could afford, since I had to pay my parents back for tuition at an acting school... and then, you know, pay for food and all..."
Peter mentally hit himself. This wasn't the type of story that Marquesses wanted to sit around and listen to.
Sure, Eduard would be the most likely candidate of all the aristocrats to even remotely take interest in it, but perhaps even he was bored by the story.
"Sorry..."
Peter wanted to go back a little, though, and was planning to drop in on his way to his parents a month from now, at least, just to let her know that he was still alive and hadn't abandoned her. He still needed to pay his rent also, since the end of the previous month had just passed recently.
And then, he could decide whether he would tell her that he was moving out, or keep the place, since after the 'divorce,' he'd be back in the streets of London anyways.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm

"Do not apologize." Eduard replied with a half smile. "I would love to see where you have been living, Peter. In fact, it would certainly be easier to pay rent with two in the flat... would it not?"
In other words, unbeknownst to the young actor, the Marquess intended to pay the land lady so much money for rent... that she would never bother Peter for it again.
Nodding, Eduard glanced out the carriage window. They were almost back to the mansion.
"I'll live as an actor, like you. It would be the best way to learn how the common speech patterns, after all... and I think it would be quite the experience."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Needless to say, Peter was surprised. Though he knew of the Marquess and his odd mannerisms that made him so non-aristocratic at times, Peter couldn't help but be astounded at every turn.
In the end, he settled for a smile as they pulled up to the mansion.
Shaking his head and chuckling softly, Peter murmured, "You're one hell of an aristocrat, Marquess."
The young actor grinned. He knew that he had nothing to complain about, and that out of all the people that Gisela could have gotten the ring from, that this was the best person possible.
It was then that he caught the Marquess's words. "Easier to pay rent?"
It made sense that the richer one should contribute too, if he was to live there, but the thought made Peter queasy. Though Eduard was rich, Peter still didn't like it for Eduard to pay for anything while he was with the young actor. It just didn't feel right.
"You... don't... It would be..."
Peter struggled to find a way to express his thoughts, though failing in the end.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:45 pm

"Yes, easier." Eduard spoke as he exited the carriage after Peter.
Almost immediately, the Marquess ascended the steps to the manor, expecting the young actor to follow him.
"I know I don't have to, but I will. After all, it's the least I can do if you're going to go to the trouble to educate me as to how to be a commoner." he replied with a slight smile flashed Peter's way. "Not only that but..."
"Lord Eduard,"
Looking up, the Marquess was surprised to see Sebastian standing outside the front door. "Sebastian, what is..."
"Your father is on his way to the manor, Lord Eduard. He should arrive within the hour."
Even though it was highly against good manners...
All Eduard could do in that moment...
Was curse.
"s**t..."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Peter was given no chance to argue when he came up behind Eduard on the front steps.
He had only caught the last words that someone was on his way within the hour.
With Eduard swearing, Peter thought that to be Rutherford, at first, but that thought made no sense.
Why would Rutherford come when he was already banished from entering Eduard's household ever again?
No... It had to be someone else.
But who?
Completely having forgotten about their lighthearted discussion of commoner's life, Peter came up to stand next to Eduard and looked up at him with a concerned and curious expression.
But he didn't ask about it.
The most important thing to him at the moment was that Eduard felt okay.
"Come. Let's go inside and get comfortable, shall we?" he murmured, gently pulling on Eduard's sleeve a little but not moving before Eduard did.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Violet eyes focused on Peter, and for a moment, the Marquess didn't move.
Then he smiled.
"Forgive me, Peter... it seems that I will have to ask you to perform to your utmost sooner than expected..." Eduard spoke softly, allowing for the actor to lead the way back into the manor. "It seems my father will arrive within the hour... and I will need you in full Rosaline attire when that time comes."
'Now... if only my father believes this lie...'
In truth, Eduard was worried.
Very worried... and he knew that it was apparent in his purple gaze.
"I had hoped to avoid this for as long as possible, but..."
Sebastian sighed, "I did send a messenger to your father, but it seems he did not believe the rouse that you were feeling ill today."
"Well then, I suppose I should at least seem ill, hmm?" the Marquess asked before sighing himself. "Damn it, all... he picked the worst of times to return to London..."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Peter smiled weakly. Even though he wanted to show confidence, he could not. He himself was quite nervous.
Peter swallowed and struggled to calm himself.
That certainly was a surprise, albeit an absolutely wonderful one!
At least, Peter tried to make himself believe that. He wouldn't think about the fact that within the hour, he'd be playing one of the biggest roles he had ever played in his life.
The young actor tried to smile again, a lot brighter this time.
"Don't worry, Eduard," Peter murmured, placing a comforting arm on the Marquess's.
"I'll go get ready now, just so I can spend a little time getting into the role."
With a wink that was six times more cheery than he was feeling, Peter walked off to his bedroom, biting his lip.
Upon arriving at his room, he found Elizabeth at the ready. Apparently, Sebastian had told Elizabeth of the news already.
She too seemed worried, but immediately started on Peter, knowing that she had to do her absolute best.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Eduard reached out a hand to stop Peter... but it was too late.
The actor had sprinted off toward his room.
"Your father has horrid timing, sir." Sebastian spoke up, carrying a tray with a glass of wine on it.
Sighing, the Marquess took the glass and drained it's contents in one gulp. "No, he has brilliant timing and he knows it. I suppose rumor of Rosaline has finally reached him... and he had to hurry home to see just who his misbehaved son is courting."
With Sebastian following him, Eduard went into the lounge and simply sat down, head in his hands.
The butler poured him another drink, which he quickly drained once more.
"May I suggest, sir, that perhaps you give your father reason to return to the main manor?" Sebastian spoke softly. "If you were ill and could not entertain him..."
"Then he would demand to meet Rosaline anyway and I wouldn't be in attendance to draw him from any harrowing questions." Eduard replied with a sigh. "Unless... Rosaline were ill instead of me..."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:11 am

Peter and Elizabeth did everything meticulously to make sure that there was absolutely no flaw in any way to Peter's appearance. His acting, on the other hand, was a different matter altogether that he'd have to work on with Eduard.
Their preparations were finished quickly, nevertheless, for they knew that they only had an hour to spare.
After record timing on his preparations, Peter walked out of his room as fast as a lady could, and struggled to find Eduard.
The boy was wearing a subtly elegant gown that covered his feet and trailed ever so slightly on the ground. It was of light color, to show the time of day and the fact that the Duke was paying a visit to Eduard's manor, and not the other way around.
He had his brown hair up to a bun with trailing curls down to frame his newly complexioned face.
The young actor had the appearance of a very beautiful and shapely woman, but he was nervous as to whether or not he could act up to par...
Especially for the Duke himself.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 pm

"Peter!"
Eduard hurried across the foyer, having risen a few moments ago to find the young actor and tell him of this new plan.
"I don't think the outfit will be necessary... at least not all of it." smirking, the Marquess began to direct Peter back toward the actor's room. "You'll have to keep the wig... and change into a sleeping gown... but I think if I can convince my father that you... or rather Rosaline, is ill... he will be less likely to try and corner you with questions." Eduard's violet gaze focused on Peter as they walked through the halls. "You merely need to play the part of a woman who has come down with a cold, nothing more. Elizabeth can even help you with your makeup, to make the symptoms even more realistic, should my father demand to look in on you anyway. Then you can feign exhaustion and I can command my father's attention elsewhere."
He sighed, opening Peter's bedroom door. "After all... I had not thought to force you into acting for my father this early in the arrangement. I had hoped to give you more time to adjust and find your ground."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:56 am

Peter was startled when Eduard approached him with the new plan. But once he head all of it, he visibly relaxed.
It was true that this would be a better arrangement, since Peter had been feeling awfully nervous about the previous one, and was sure that he would somehow slip up if he had to meet the Duke at this time.
"But you know, if the Duke will pester you less about me if I'm not sick, then I could still act the non-ill Rosaline."
Peter didn't want Eduard going out of his way just to make his own part in this event easier. He felt far too... cared for, and for some reason, that didn't sit well with Peter. He liked it, as anyone would if a Marquess showed them concern, but he also felt quite guilty about it too. Having a Marquess step out of his way to change plans just because of him was something that Peter thought was quite ridiculous.
Nevertheless, Peter walked in the room and turned around, waiting for an answer.

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:18 pm

"Believe me, Peter," Eduard spoke as he began to take out some of the pins in the actor's hair.
Having it fall around his shoulders, as if he had been asleep, would make a much better effect.
"If it would make him pester me any less, then I would have you play the part. I... think you'll understand once you meet him... but the sooner he gets the pestering done, the sooner he'll leave."
The Marquess didn't say it, but he clearly hated the Duke's presence.
Hated might have even been too kind a word.
It wasn't as if his father were a bad father even... he had simply been busy.
And rather negligent.
Lithe hands were fluffing Peter's hair out to make it seem like a slight case of wig bedhead, just without the appearance of it being a wig.
"This way, you're exposed to him for a VERY limited amount of time, I can answer any of his questions, and hopefully he'll have a prior engagement for dinner that will get him out of our hair ever the quicker."

(((OOC: Eduard isn't emo with father issues! Gomen... that's usually a pet peeve of mine. 'My father beat me so I'm emo' is seriously the worst cliche in my head. I know it happens, but when creating characters (or writing stories) it annoys the crap out of me. Granted, so does, 'My whole family was killed by ninjas'... at least in the case of anyone BUT Sasuke... heh... I kind of think of Eduard's father as somewhat like Sano's father in Hana-Kimi actually... their relationship just REALLY sucks, hehe. Usually father characters that I write tend to act more like Haruhi's father from Ouran! Well, without the being an okama thing... but you get the idea! BTW... I'm on vol 20 of Hana-kimi and I've got the rest of the volumes on my desk! WOOT!)))  
[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff