Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
Hangout with the crew- lounge [chat] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:17 pm
Ronzalpha201
LanceCalvis
tkdauronXIII
LanceCalvis
One fairly new thing in gaming. Would have to be FF12 which most write off as a completely crappy game. Anyway, there is this one zone in the game, once you get into the higher levels. The mini-map will be all wierd with static. Then these insane monsters will come out. That you can literally use that insane burst drive with 8 hits. And the creatures hp will only go down by a 1/4th and you will be completely out of mp. And if anyone played that game enough. They would know how difficult it is to get mp recovering items. What is more, you have about five of these things coming after you. Completely ripping your party apart.

Actually...There's a way to work towards getting an easy stockpile of Elixers on FF12. Gaining back lost MP os also easy...depending on what kinds of skill sets you have. Hitting the enemy and recieving damage fills up the meter pretty fast when you have a katana or a ninja blade type of weapon equipped. You also have the option of draining your own party members MP onto a character that needs it. The only real challenge I found with FF12 was the first side-quest boss that actually has a chance of rivaling the difficulty of defeating the side-quest bosses of FFVII. FFVIII's Omega was easy in that you could prevent any attack form the boss as long as you have a Limit Break and it wouldn't counter you after using it. FFVII's Ruby and Emerald Weapon's on the otherhand DO counter your attacks. I have found an awesome way to alleviate this annoyance though by spamming hero drinks and defeating them without the KOR spamming. Yiazmat is the real challenge since there's really no way to cheat in FFXII...Not to mention that it has around 10 million HP...
Sorry for the long lecture hehe...I'm a FF gaming fanatic...

Due to a glitch in my game. Omega wouldn't actually show up for me. I killed Ultima I don't know how many times. I think maybe Omega was scared of my Squall, Irvine and Zell (with fast micro) combo or something. I beat the s**t out of FF7 gaming every possible item and killing everything in the game. FF12 I never really gave enough of a chance to actually find any of the mid-bosses.

FFXII is awesome.....the only thing i don't get is the storyline though...i mean come on.... a skypirate?!?!?!?!? is square enix running out of ideas or something? i mean, they first broke the trend with X-2, then with the infinite accessories to VII...(kingdom hearts was good..no complaints there...i just don't know how disney would cope with the last game...so sad...according to the trailer)...and many other games that weren't even as famous...such as starocean....

Some games like Valkyrie Profile 2 are seriously underrated...Star Ocean is also underrated in my terms. People just don't rise to the gaming challenges it presents. Not even I can beat it on its highest level. The same goes for VP2...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:24 pm
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
LanceCalvis
tkdauronXIII
LanceCalvis
One fairly new thing in gaming. Would have to be FF12 which most write off as a completely crappy game. Anyway, there is this one zone in the game, once you get into the higher levels. The mini-map will be all wierd with static. Then these insane monsters will come out. That you can literally use that insane burst drive with 8 hits. And the creatures hp will only go down by a 1/4th and you will be completely out of mp. And if anyone played that game enough. They would know how difficult it is to get mp recovering items. What is more, you have about five of these things coming after you. Completely ripping your party apart.

Actually...There's a way to work towards getting an easy stockpile of Elixers on FF12. Gaining back lost MP os also easy...depending on what kinds of skill sets you have. Hitting the enemy and recieving damage fills up the meter pretty fast when you have a katana or a ninja blade type of weapon equipped. You also have the option of draining your own party members MP onto a character that needs it. The only real challenge I found with FF12 was the first side-quest boss that actually has a chance of rivaling the difficulty of defeating the side-quest bosses of FFVII. FFVIII's Omega was easy in that you could prevent any attack form the boss as long as you have a Limit Break and it wouldn't counter you after using it. FFVII's Ruby and Emerald Weapon's on the otherhand DO counter your attacks. I have found an awesome way to alleviate this annoyance though by spamming hero drinks and defeating them without the KOR spamming. Yiazmat is the real challenge since there's really no way to cheat in FFXII...Not to mention that it has around 10 million HP...

Due to a glitch in my game. Omega wouldn't actually show up for me. I killed Ultima I don't know how many times. I think maybe Omega was scared of my Squall, Irvine and Zell (with fast micro) combo or something. I beat the s**t out of FF7 gaming every possible item and killing everything in the game. FF12 I never really gave enough of a chance to actually find any of the mid-bosses.

FFXII is awesome.....the only thing i don't get is the storyline though...i mean come on.... a skypirate?!?!?!?!? is square enix running out of ideas or something? i mean, they first broke the trend with X-2, then with the infinite accessories to VII...(kingdom hearts was good..no complaints there...i just don't know how disney would cope with the last game...so sad...according to the trailer)...and many other games that weren't even as famous...such as starocean....

Some games like Valkyrie Profile 2 are seriously underrated...Star Ocean is also underrated in my terms. People just don't rise to the gaming challenges it presents. Not even I can beat it on its highest level. The same goes for VP2...

The skypirate idea was actually rather cool. They designed several of the ships after the different aeons. In terms of animation at least FF12 was at the top of the list in terms of Final Fantasy games. I've heard of Star Ocean and it looks like a space type Rpg like Phantasy Star. And Valkyrie Profile is one of those games that just keep producing sequels. I don't see why an rpg would be unbeatable really. It takes patience to build up your characters. The worst things I've run into are those blasted puzzles that sometimes show up. Like the only Scorpion puzzle in Legion of Legaia 2. I spent 18 hours straight in a day one time. And still didn't get the puzzle. Whenever I would get that one I would catch it by accident. I wrote the solution down at one point but lost it. Another semi-annoying puzzle would have to be the one. Where you have to chase that kid in Phantasy Star. And after you beat the puzzle you just have to kill them anyway. Cause the kid transforms due to some disease.......Then there is the Desert part in Breath of Fire 3............yeah. In addition to being a huge desert that you can easily get lost in. There is this one secret weapon that you have to click on the EXACT spot where the items is hidden to get it.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:29 am
LanceCalvis
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
LanceCalvis
tkdauronXIII
LanceCalvis

The skypirate idea was actually rather cool. They designed several of the ships after the different aeons. In terms of animation at least FF12 was at the top of the list in terms of Final Fantasy games. I've heard of Star Ocean and it looks like a space type Rpg like Phantasy Star. And Valkyrie Profile is one of those games that just keep producing sequels. I don't see why an rpg would be unbeatable really. It takes patience to build up your characters. The worst things I've run into are those blasted puzzles that sometimes show up. Like the only Scorpion puzzle in Legion of Legaia 2. I spent 18 hours straight in a day one time. And still didn't get the puzzle. Whenever I would get that one I would catch it by accident. I wrote the solution down at one point but lost it. Another semi-annoying puzzle would have to be the one. Where you have to chase that kid in Phantasy Star. And after you beat the puzzle you just have to kill them anyway. Cause the kid transforms due to some disease.......Then there is the Desert part in Breath of Fire 3............yeah. In addition to being a huge desert that you can easily get lost in. There is this one secret weapon that you have to click on the EXACT spot where the items is hidden to get it.

FFXII turned into Star Wars in the end. Funny how the two famous skypirates in that game each turned out to be a Judge Magister in the past. Each abondoning their position. My favorite character was pretty much Cid. He reminded me of Hojo for some reason...
Nah...Valkyrie Profile is pretty solid. There really isn't any room for a continuation after VP2. There's only VP1 and VP2 just to let you know. It doesn't keep producing sequels. The puzzles in that game have been some of the hardest to solve out there for me...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:33 am
tkdauronXIII
LanceCalvis
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
LanceCalvis

FFXII turned into Star Wars in the end. Funny how the two famous skypirates in that game each turned out to be a Judge Magister in the past. Each abondoning their position. My favorite character was pretty much Cid. He reminded me of Hojo for some reason...
Nah...Valkyrie Profile is pretty solid. There really isn't any room for a continuation after VP2. There's only VP1 and VP2 just to let you know. It doesn't keep producing sequels. The puzzles in that game have been some of the hardest to solve out there for me...

yeah....i would have bought the profile series...but i couldn't find them on sale...or even on the shelves anymore..which i regretted doing...when it first came out to be $40, it stayed at that price, so i wasn't able to buy it....esp. wit my mom around me when there's a sexy girl in game cover...i really loved the description on the back of it.  

Ronzalpha201

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:18 pm
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
LanceCalvis
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
LanceCalvis

yeah....i would have bought the profile series...but i couldn't find them on sale...or even on the shelves anymore..which i regretted doing...when it first came out to be $40, it stayed at that price, so i wasn't able to buy it....esp. wit my mom around me when there's a sexy girl in game cover...i really loved the description on the back of it.

They went off the shelves pretty fast when people started realizing that it was a lot better than they thought. As long as you can get by the fact that it's a side-scroller field game then you can actually appreciate its brilliancy in terms of fighting and puzzles. I know what you mean by the girl on the cover part lol! Well...it kinda makes sense since it talks about Valkyries, which are only made up of battle maidens. Although the freedom to choose what kind of party members you have with no restrictions as to having the lead character in the party all than makes up for its feminity.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:39 pm
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
LanceCalvis
tkdauronXIII

They went off the shelves pretty fast when people started realizing that it was a lot better than they thought. As long as you can get by the fact that it's a side-scroller field game then you can actually appreciate its brilliancy in terms of fighting and puzzles. I know what you mean by the girl on the cover part lol! Well...it kinda makes sense since it talks about Valkyries, which are only made up of battle maidens. Although the freedom to choose what kind of party members you have with no restrictions as to having the lead character in the party all than makes up for its feminity.

i know...which sucks...my mom always follows me to game stores b/c they're so far away...they don't have it in bust buy, circuit city or toys r' us anymore (the really cheap game store....). my only hope is if people sell the used games to gamestop or something...but even that is rare...  

Ronzalpha201

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:55 pm
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
LanceCalvis
tkdauronXIII

i know...which sucks...my mom always follows me to game stores b/c they're so far away...they don't have it in bust buy, circuit city or toys r' us anymore (the really cheap game store....). my only hope is if people sell the used games to gamestop or something...but even that is rare...

Aww...You poor deprived child...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:56 pm
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII

stare i'm only 16. not a child stare
i get more freedom nowadays, but....stupid curfew....  

Ronzalpha201

tkdauronXIII

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:57 pm
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII

Yeah...Those were the days.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:54 pm
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII

the only sad truth is that the video game industry is starting to fail, if not sag behind schedule. Moore's law is coming to an end...
Moore's law  

Ronzalpha201

A City Of Fools

Hygienic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:58 pm
lol I have FFXII I just got past the part where the bunnies give you that tear thingy lol. I'll problably start the game up again in a month lol. My mom would let me have a game all about hookers if I asked her lol. she doesn't care at all lol. also on weekends I have no curfew and on weekdays I have till 11 lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:41 pm
Rainy-sama
lol I have FFXII I just got past the part where the bunnies give you that tear thingy lol. I'll problably start the game up again in a month lol. My mom would let me have a game all about hookers if I asked her lol. she doesn't care at all lol. also on weekends I have no curfew and on weekdays I have till 11 lol.

it's something called having overly-protective asian parents......  

Ronzalpha201

A City Of Fools

Hygienic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:58 pm
Lol mine thought i would kill someone until this year haha. Now I'm free to do whatever lol. If I got drunk in front of my dad he would say it wasn't illegal if you dont get caught lol. Although my mom would freak haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:09 am
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII

the only sad truth is that the video game industry is starting to fail, if not sag behind schedule. Moore's law is coming to an end...
Moore's law

Well there's something I had not learned before...Sounds interesting. Yet it hasn't approached the limit yet. So there's still room for improvement in the years to come by.  

tkdauronXIII

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:10 pm
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII
Ronzalpha201
tkdauronXIII

Moore's law

Well there's something I had not learned before...Sounds interesting. Yet it hasn't approached the limit yet. So there's still room for improvement in the years to come by.

but it' already approaching the limit. do you know why intel invented the dual coes and quad cores? they could have made the same duo core speed on a single core and a quad core speed with only duo or tri cores. the reason being is that the price for such a powerful, single, core is just wayy too expensive, so they decided to integrate the 2 cores and poof, out came the duo core, which was substantially cheaper.  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff