Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vid13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:07 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Vid13

nice.

Commissar Gaunt

Merrymess

4,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:08 am

Hello, I'm new to the guild, but not to painting 40k. I thought I'd post some of my finished pieces.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:15 am

My first finished Blood Angel's model!

Baal Predator
Baal Predator
Baal Predator
Baal Predator

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 am

@Psycho: I like the look of the Baal Predator, and it upsets me that the things can't be taken by other Space Marine chapters.

@Merrymess: As always, incredible work.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Thanks, I managed to get the devotional rope on the third pic from a Dark Angels Ravenwing that my friend had. It looks really good right there.

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:45 am

@Merrymess- I must say that it's interesting to see models that (in my opinion) look more flat and cartoony, rather than trying to make them look realistic. Kudos and very nice work.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:48 am

so i just striped my nids because i wanted a change any suggestions on a theme?

Vician

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:53 pm

does anyone have any advice on drybrushing?
my problem is, is that when i drybrush, to leave the base color slightly visable, for example, the creases in space marines armor, where the kneecap and the leg armor meet. i this example it looks like they did a base coat of a reddish/orange, and then yellow on top

whenever i try to do that, on space marines, or tau, those creases always end up getting filled in and defeats the purpose of putting a basecoat in the first place
so, does anyone know what i should do? i thought of maybe doing ALOT less paint on the brush and doing several layers, ive also tried doing quick swipes so that the bristles wouldnt have time to make contact with the area im trying to leave alone... but thats innacurate, and only works for the first little while... after ive done some detailing its not worth screwing up

please and thanks!
~Neo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:46 pm

The best way to learn how to drybrush is to let someone actually show you, so my suggestion is that you go to your closest hobby store and ask them to show you.

Shinobi_8745

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:53 pm

alright, i gotta go get more chaos black anyway, so if i remember ill see if any of them can help
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Neogoth666
does anyone have any advice on drybrushing?
my problem is, is that when i drybrush, to leave the base color slightly visable, for example, the creases in space marines armor, where the kneecap and the leg armor meet. i this example it looks like they did a base coat of a reddish/orange, and then yellow on top

whenever i try to do that, on space marines, or tau, those creases always end up getting filled in and defeats the purpose of putting a basecoat in the first place
so, does anyone know what i should do? i thought of maybe doing ALOT less paint on the brush and doing several layers, ive also tried doing quick swipes so that the bristles wouldnt have time to make contact with the area im trying to leave alone... but thats innacurate, and only works for the first little while... after ive done some detailing its not worth screwing up

please and thanks!
~Neo
make sure you don't have too much paint on your brush. the bristles should be nearly dry. have some paper towels nearby, wipe the brush off on the towel. when it barely leaves any mark on the paper, you're ready to move to the mini.

Merrymess

4,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:47 pm

Merrymess
i do that, i understand the concept of drybrushing..... DRYbrushing....
but it seems i never can get a good drybrushed effect O_O
is there a good stroke style? do i poke it, do i brush/sweep, do i just do whatever the hell i feel like?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:14 am

Neogoth666
Merrymess
i do that, i understand the concept of drybrushing..... DRYbrushing....
but it seems i never can get a good drybrushed effect O_O
is there a good stroke style? do i poke it, do i brush/sweep, do i just do whatever the hell i feel like?
It was just sounding like you still had too much paint on the brush. It will do what you discribed if the brush has too much paint. One way to test to see how much paint is left, brush it across the back of your thumb. That way you can see how heavy it's gonna be without it messing up your mini.

First pick a light source, ie what direction the light is coming from. Then brush/sweep from that direction.

Merrymess

4,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games