Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zephit

Beloved Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:12 am

"My arm is fine... Don't worry about it..." Zephit protested to the idea of the cuts being treated. They were his only link to what happened the day before. Through all the blurry images, delayed sensations, and weak motions, it was impossible to tell what had happened. He trailed his fingertips along the cuts slowly, wincing in pain only after he stopped. These cuts were the only stable image his eye could catch.

"So do you don't remember when Kits tripped at Aqua Springs the other day? Karrie and I had to help her home and everything..." He mentioned, trying to get back on less troubling subjects.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 am

Amy frowned at Zephit at first and then looked at him with a slight pleading look in her eyes. "Please, Zephit, let me bandage them. They will get infected and you'll be in a mess of trouble, then. I use Neosporin, and that doesn't hurt at all."

Amy nearly smacked her head in stupidity at not realizing that Zephit had been talking about her ankle. When he said her leg, she thought he meant her entire leg, not thinking about her ankle. Jeez, and SHE was supposed to be the healthy one right now.

She rolled her eyes at herself and chuckled slightly. "Oh that. Duh. Yeah, I remember. I was there helping you guys by carrying Jack. I think she's doing okay. I haven't seen her since then. She's really busy right now."

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Zephit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:57 am

Zephit bit his lip, trying to restrain himself from arguing it further. Silently he drew both of his arms up, pushed back the sleeves of his pajamas, and examined the cuts intently. If he could just focus enough to remember their pattern or discern something unique about them. In defeat he placed his arms on the table so she could bandage them.

"Busy, huh? What about you? Have you been keeping busy while I'm away?"
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:11 am

Amy jerked back just a little when Zephit suddenly threw his arms up. When he first made the motion, it looked like he was about to lash out. With how he looked right now, she wasn't sure how he would react.

But when he laid his arms on the table, she sighed in relief and smiled at him. She nodded to him and said softly, "Thank you, Zephit."

She first took out some non alcoholic wipes to lightly wipe at his arms and clean them. She had done this to herself before and knew that the wipes didn't sting.

As she did this, she kept talking to Zephit in order to keep him distracted just in case his cuts were more tender and might hurt slightly just from the gentle wiping movements. She was trying to be as careful as she could.

"Me? Well.... It's been hard not being able to practice my spells. I do still read them from time to time. I study them. But I don't dare recite anything out loud anymore. Other than that, Thistle and I have been working in the gardens a lot. We've taken care of Karrie's and have changed his plants and flowers from spring and summer ones to fall foliage. Now we've been working on our own outside here. Thistle loves being out in the gardens with me and playing with the garden fairies. Phoenix here has just been enjoying lazing around the house."

She looked over at Phoenix briefly and smiled as she saw him nuzzling Zephit's stomach once more. She assumed he was trying to comfort Zephit while she was dressing his wounds. He liked to nuzzle her when she was feeling sick or bandaging herself from an accident in the kitchen or scrapes from the garden.

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Zephit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:20 am

Honestly, Zephit was feeling the sensations on his arms in very staggered time. Between that and Amy's conversation, he couldn't focus on anything else really. Even the fact that Phoenix was sitting there in his lap was mostly lost. So the best he could do was just set his eye on Amy and listen intently. Letting her explanation become the highlight of his thought process.

"I'm sorry you can't practice magic like you want." Zephit squinted a little, losing focus on Amy with the added stress of having to talk. "It is good that you are having fun with gardening, though. Maybe I'll have to help you sometime, though I don't know anything about plants really..."
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:27 am

Amy started lightly patting Zephit's arms with a clean towel to dry them. That way, she could add the ointment and then the bandages.

At Zephit's offer, Amy's eyes widened and she grinned brightly. There was hardly anything more that she loved than teaching others to garden. "Really?! You'd really like to help sometime? That'd be great! I'd love to teach you. You don't have to know anything about plants. I'll teach you. I think you'll find it very rewarding and will give you a sense of independence. When you see something that you planted yourself growing up from the ground, you'll experience this pride and self assurance that you can take care of yourself no matter what because you know how to grow things. You can learn to grow your own food and herbs... Of course you don't have to, but you'll still have this sense of accomplishment and pride. It really is wonderful."

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Zephit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:32 am

"It sounds interesting, at least. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot." Zephit nodded slowly, but the sensations it gave him were horribly uncomfortable. The less he moved his vision the better. Which actually brought a concern and a question onto his lips.

"Amy, I'd like to ask a small favor..."
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:42 am

Amy saw the frown on Zephit's face and frowned in concern. She might need to bring a doctor over to look at Zephit. Someone from the BARC. She'd go and leave a note when Zephit was lying down again.

Amy started to gently apply the ointment.

"Okay. I'll try to help if I can. What is it, Zephit?"

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Zephit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:52 am

"I need to talk to someone. I need to talk to Liada, but I don't think I could make it there on my own." Zephit bit his bottom lip, having easily inferred by now that Amy and Liada did not get along. There was no one else he could turn to right now, though.

"Please. I need to see her..." Liada was the last person he could remember seeing. Her voice was the most distinct in his mind, though their experience in the lab was a little hazy. She could certainly clear all this up and fix him. Fix whatever part of him was broken.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:58 am

Amy sighed. She started to bandage up his arms carefully as she thought about what he asked. Her not liking Liada didn't really affect whether Zephit should see her or not. His health was the key factor.

"Zephit, you're just far too hurt to go see anyone right now. Why don't I go leave her a note at MW? That way she'll know where you are and..."

She sighed and forced herself to speak the next words. "And she can come here if she wants to visit you. That way you don't get hurt going over there, and she can still see you by coming here if she wants. I think that would be the best of both worlds. Though, maybe it'd be best if you took today just to rest and recoup. Haven't you been seeing Liada nearly every day? Maybe you need to slow things down since you just met her not too long ago..."

She shook her head at herself and mentally chastised herself. Now wasn't the time to bring that up. "But of course I'll give her a letter if you want me to. I can write down whatever you want."

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Zephit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Just because he was hurt didn't mean that other people should get to dictate how and where he went. Still, Zephit bit his lip harder than before, and just nodded his head to Amy's suggestion. She didn't understand at all. Liada was the first clue, and the faster he picked up the trail the quicker everything would solve. Hopefully she wouldn't be opposed to visiting him here.

"I stayed in bed all yesterday. I can't keep wasting time laying around..." Zephit finally protested, starting to feel impatient about Amy's bandaging. There were so many questions that he wanted answered, and not even in curiosity. These were necessary questions that would eat him alive if he didn't know the answer to them. Like, most importantly, what the hell was wrong with him?

"Just tell her that I'm here and I need to see her as soon as possible." He sighed out in defeat, not really wanting to press this into an argument. After she was done bandaging him up, he'd go try to get dressed in real clothes.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Liada had walked around for awhile following the direction of her scrying stone. She had been up for most of the night over her spells and saw that Zephit was still alive thankfully but the down side was he had ended up in Amy's place. She couldn't stand the woman for the life of her but for Zeph's sake she was willing to go the higher route and try to be civil.

Seeing the house the stone pointed to she took a deep breath and assumed it was Amy's, since the gardens were full in bloom for the autumn weather and she could see a few sprites floating around taking care of them. Maybe with her luck Amy wouldn't be home and Zephit would answer. Walking up to the door she took another breath and lightly knocked.

Liada Trovaras

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Amy was confused at Zephit's choice of words. "Wasting time lying around? How will seeing Liada or anyone else help you with that?"

She was starting to wonder if there was something more to Zephit's request than what he was letting on. Maybe Liada had something to do with this, as in she knew about it or knew who caused it? She was becoming curious herself, but a person's health was first and foremost.

She nodded to Zephit and finished taping the last bandage. "I'll write that note to her and deliver it soon. I need to go out and get a doctor from the BARC, anyway. I'll bring them back here to look at you. I know you probably don't like the idea, but someone needs to look at you, Zephit, and BARC has the most experience with different types of creatures. I could drop the note off for Liada on my way back from BARC. How does that sound?"

EDIT: Amy heard a knock at the door and stood up. "I'll be right back, Zephit. I can make you something else to eat, too, if you want."

She walked out of the kitchen and to the front door. During the day she usually didn't look through the peephole before she opened the door. It was silly, really, because trouble could come during the day or night, but she just didn't feel worried enough to check during the day.

When Amy opened up the door, her eyes went as wide as saucers. Liada was standing before her, and she was holding a stone of some sort.

"Uh... Liada? Hello. Can I help you?" She was so surprised to see Liada there that her mind kind of went blank for the moment.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:50 pm

When Amy went to check the door, it certainly felt like the appropriate time to get up and get dressed. Whoever the B-A-R-C were, he wasn't sure he wanted them probing around with him. Zephit wasn't sure he had ever been treated by an actual doctor or medical professional before. It would be weird to deal with all those needles and medicine.

He tried to stand, only to feel Phoenix start to slide out of his lap, so he sat back down quickly. "Sorry, Phoenix. Forgot you were there..."

Zephit

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:52 pm

So much for wishful thinking. Although Liada did have a small pleasure at seeing the look on Amy's face since she figured it would be a pig flying day in hell before she'd ever come here on her own will. But then she had a good reason for being here. Yes, I was wondering if Zephit is home? I felt uneasy when he left my place last and when I heard from Miro last night that she saw Zephit out of sorts back at the bar the other day I was worried. Can I see him? She put the stone in her pocket since she had no need of it now. Hopefully she would be able to find out things from Zephit if he wasn't too hurt.
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games