Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sukat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:28 am

Hi I'm Sukat but on DA I go by Aurora-Avalon I have a few drawings and some 3D art as well. I am not the best at drawing though but I do have a scetch or two that I have yet to post on the net.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks Errol. : ) Sorry it took so long to respond. The guild forums was giving my browser all sorts of errors, but I've updated with a newer version and everything words fine now. x3

Wow, this guild gains a lot of new members quickly. o_o Hi everyone. biggrin

Ruste

FeyxCosmos VI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:25 am

I think i've already did this once but here we go. ^^"

Hello everyone. ^^ I'm Feyx I love to draw and I like to help people out with there art as well. I'm also known as "ChibiAru" on Gaia it's a boy avi but it was my first. I also have a DA account you get to it here:

http://chibiluka.deviantart.com/

You can also check out my art here in the arena. ^^ Just look up my other accounts name. I hope this helps. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:34 am

Hi, I'm Mana. I am a second year traditional animation student in Canada. I use Photoshop for my illustrations and when I'm not traditional animating, I am familar with Toon boom for 2D computer animation.

I'm a big anime fan, if anyone wants to talk about it I can do it forever. I draw stylized because of it but have recently been branching out into all sorts of drawings.
I enjoy lineart work but my current project is exploring digital painting so who knows where that will lead. I love helping people out, which is why I joined the guild. I don't mind pms that are art (or anime) related and I'm still debating weither or not to start a thread in the Mentor forums (I'm not sure I'm good enough)

Deviant gallery here

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

Yulo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi, I'm YellowHBPencil. XD You can find my Deviant Art Gallery here.

I'm a freshman in Piscataway Highschool, and I just started drawing seriously three-four months ago. I abuse emoticons, but I don't use a very rich variety of them. XD I draw with pencils, but I prefer led pencils to draw. I really want to start drawing directly onto the computer with my tablet, which I named Tibby, but I can't get the same lines. I can color on the computer, but instead of making linearts out of my drawings, I just color over it. o__o

I like cute things, but I want to draw in a semi-realistic manga style instead of my cute, deformed manga style. ): I really do. But... I haven't really closer to my goal over the month or so. >___>

I'm here so that I can [hopefully] improve on my art style, develop a variety of different drawing styles(realistic, western, mecha, etc.), learn about the color theory, composition, etc. D: So many art classes that's neglected in middle and elementary school. I just self-taught myself, which is pretty bad since I've pretty much just limited and trapped myself.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:20 pm

I'm Professor Markus, a second year student of a College Illustration program, one of the best in the world (though I'm one of the worst in the class).

I've done several styled painting, collage, digital, anime, western comic, 3d models out of cardboard, created a few dolls for a class, done several project such as "build a box of tools for an artist you admire/loathe", and a few installation pieces.

I'm currently working on 5 portraits, a self portrait, a wine bottle label, a painting, and a few more art juggling acts razz My life's busy, but I always make time.

I'm looking forward to mentoring someone artists here, but I do not pull punches, I will warn in advance. I will be giving critique at an art college level, so it's much different than deviantart type critique.

a few samples (I do not own online galleries; too much legal jargon to worry ********

Professor_Markus

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:11 am

To all the recent new members:

Welcome! I'm sorry I haven't been able to greet everyone individually this past week. I'm in the process of moving, along with working a very demanding job.

So once again, welcome. We're very glad to have you. (Make sure you read the rules though so we stay happy to have you. Haha. )
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Hi I'm Whizky, im 3 years in Industrial Tehnique University in Indonesia (sry i didnt know how to translate it)
ive start drawing from middle school. i start work as freelance ilustrator since 4 year ago in my country. ive stopped for about 1 years because too busy with school
but i want to draw again and practice myself again. i love to sharing about arts. and i love to give and receive critique & advice. i actived in gaia since oct '07

you can see my Deviantart Gallery here, or see my works at my shop
glad to be here heart

Whizky

Water Demon Kappa

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 am

Hi all! I'm Jeff, and I live in Las Vegas. ^u^

This account use to be my mule account. I lost my main after I changed my password...and then forgot it. T-T

Wanna see how rich and cool looking I was? Then look here! >u<
On that account I also have my DA page linked. (I also have a y!gallery account too. But I'm too embarrassed to even mention what stuff I post on there! 4laugh )

Anywho, I do banners, avi edits, and avi art for somewhat reasonable prices. I use Adobe Photoshop 7, and my fav tool is the Polygonal Lasso since I don't have a Tablet yet to do my out lining. I entered in the 07 Gaia Film Festival, and currently submitted and entry in the V-D item contest. I just like making stuff ans then show it off. xd

Well thats all for now. Byes!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Hello's all around. Feel free to skip to the last paragraph if you don't like biographies. I am Jay, the supreme ruler of of tinny small town middle schools. I abode on the border of Canada (though still in the 'states) and live in a Igloo. Wait, nevermind my house is just covered in 5 feet of snow, my mistake.

I'm 14 and -1/6 years old. I like being sarcastic, torturing the short-guys in my school with my extreme height, and generally being lazy.

But really I'm not to bad. I'm a little bit younger then fourteen, a smart-alec, a few inches short of six feet, and a super-computer nerd. Actuly I'm every nerd you could possibley name. Band, computer, social, math, science, art, anime, and videogame, to be exact. I like to draw realistic humans, though I can't draw actual people. I have a habbit of half finishing something, or drawing and shading a picture in pencil then never scanning it up. I have a DA page but it's mainly writing, so in the end it's not worth posting, but I shall hopefully get some exsamples up someday.

I am the sorta-quite super-smart girl that sits in the back of the class, with a perfect 4.0 doodling in her math spiral. And that's about everything you need to know about me.

Jayfairchild

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Welcome! We're glad to have you and I hope you all enjoy it here.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Hi, biggrin I'm really a girl, and 23. I attend college, and I'm a drama major, which I'm sadly rethinking... I change my mind too much.

Drawing is like my first love, and it's a skill I don't want to lose or waste. So I'm trying to keep in practice, for one, and to learn some new things, also. I eventually want to make my own manga.

I like coffee, chocolate, TV (if I can find it, I'll watch fantasy-type shows. If not, I watch things like House.) Hobbies are drawing and writing and the occasional silly dance or karate move.

If you want to see my art or find out a little more about me, I'm at bluliadan.deviantart.com.

Ravrin

jian19

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:37 am

hi! im jian..just a new member of gaia online..im 21 yrs old..a college student..taking up..bsba.marketing..

i started drawing since i was very young..i think..6..then by 10 yrs old..i think again..hehe..i can say that at that age..everyone who sees my art works praise me..coz they say its creative..hehehe..i attended some art contest but..sadly..i couldnt win..they are more greater than me..=p hehe..but its ok..! go!go!go! keep on practicing..im really trying specially when im on the mood..if u want to know me more..u can talk to me when im online..thanks alot!!! 3nodding
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Ravrin, Jian, welcome. I hope you find this place helpful and enjoy helping others as well.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

TheAmberShrew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:25 am

'ello all.

My name's Amber, but you can call me Shrew if you like. I graduated high school a year ago and now I am floating around the atmosphere aimlessly. >.< I'm going back to Junior College in the summer to get my AA in Art.

I draw constantly. When I'm not drawing, I'm thinking about it. I also love writing, reading both books and comicbooks, watching the news, stand-up comedy, and the Discovery Channel. Harry Potter has userped a third of my life. It pwns me. <3

Hope to learn some good stuff from this guild and share what I can as well. 3nodding
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games