Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:26 pm
MoreSpareParts
*cracks up* rofl
Oh, I remember Pixie.

"Wicca is a place" is new to me.

Pixie was a cracker... there's page after page after page of her in there.... I just didn't want to clog up the whole thread... that was funny.

I still start crying with laughter everytime I read that RuNaWaY_MoOn one... wtf does that even mean????

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:42 am
JewelsSparkle
Avilera
My spirit form is inconsistant and maliable.
I must say there is a measure of truth to someone being able to manipulate their aura. However the idea of a wolf-human hybrid just brings waaaay too many bad mental images. confused

Quote:
Yokohara-Chan
will you even agree to have magic here in gaia where you can perform and make gold
Meh. The daily chance is pretty easy to manipulate. Probability of receiving gold increase...

Anyway this is why I stay out of GD. What a big pile of fluff from that thread.  

Pelta

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:50 am
missmagpie
JewelsSparkle
Avilera
My spirit form is inconsistant and maliable.
I must say there is a measure of truth to someone being able to manipulate their aura. However the idea of a wolf-human hybrid just brings waaaay too many bad mental images. confused
I wasn't aware of there was a high correlation between the furry fandom and the wanna-be Wiccan fandom...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:49 am
TheDisreputableDog
I wasn't aware of there was a high correlation between the furry fandom and the wanna-be Wiccan fandom...
A lot of furries aren't Otherkin. I think I finally realized why I consider Otherkin as problematic, spiritually speaking. In systems of reincarnation that deal in changing species, I've always seen a rationale from the deities involved as to why they would reincarnate a human as, say, a cockroach or a chicken. But in those cases, the soul is considered to be a continuous entity that is "re-molded" (in some way) to fit the container. In the case of 'kin, though, there's almost zero underlying theology (in the "incarnation" school of 'kin) that explains why their soul is "improperly imprinted". In order for Otherkin spirituality to "work", there are a few issues that need to be tackled:
  1. What is the system for reincarnation?
  2. What deities, if any, handle this reincarnation?
  3. Does the system/deity(ies) purposefully "misimprint" the soul, or is it just a "mistake"?
I've never seen these questions answered, mostly because the 'kin movement seems to follow the standard fluffbunny "It fits with all religions!" line, ignoring the fact that many religions deny reincarnation entirely, or have their own systems that do not allow for "misimprinting". Don't like reincarnation? Just call yourself a "walk-in", close your eyes and shiver, and "let the dragon soul speak through you". Quick note: I'm not absolutely denying the possibility of walk-ins, considering that they're (in some form) a part of at least three established theologies that I can think of - I just have a problem when the concept is used as an attempt to patch a hole in one's already-leaky theology.

Then again, this is a group that arose out of people who believed they were elves. 'Kin didn't come out of the furry fandom, and it's not an "aspect" thereof any more than being Christian is (quite a lot of Christian furries out there, too). I'm not sure where animal souls started getting harvested by the 'kin, but I remember in the late nineties when I first heard about it, and the community was very adamant that you weren't a 'kin if you weren't an elf, vampire, alien, angel, or demon incarnation. Saddest part of the "angel incarnation" story is that there are Christian authors bastardizing their own theology to write just those very stories.

Last note - I'm biting my tongue right now over a site that claims that "Species Dysmorphia" is on the same level as "Gender Dysphoria". My problem with it? No discussion about brain chemistry. Very little discussion about hormones, genetic issues, or learned behavior. But a very quick statement of "it's possible that a person with GD has a female Spirit imprinted on a male body, or vice-versa". Way to make your unstated imprinting gods look like incompetents or assholes. As someone who has occasional battles with Gender Dysphoria - some friends have claimed I have "Dual Gender Euphoria" until they see me crash and burn when my duality conflicts - I am not amused.

Oh, and I'm a furry. Not a fursuiter, not an otherkin, not a lifestyler. Just into the art and the fandom - even when it's just as bad as the gaijin otaku.

Sorry for the rant.  

Henry Dorsett Case

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:24 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
A lot of furries aren't Otherkin...
Ah, it was an Otherkin reference. Reading comprehension FTW. I don't have much experience with Otherkin besides a friend or two who swear they're werewolves.

HDC
Then again, this is a group that arose out of people who believed they were elves. 'Kin didn't come out of the furry fandom, and it's not an "aspect" thereof any more than being Christian is (quite a lot of Christian furries out there, too). I'm not sure where animal souls started getting harvested by the 'kin, but I remember in the late nineties when I first heard about it, and the community was very adamant that you weren't a 'kin if you weren't an elf, vampire, alien, angel, or demon incarnation. Saddest part of the "angel incarnation" story is that there are Christian authors bastardizing their own theology to write just those very stories.
It doesn't seem to be an organized "community" anymore than the pagan scene, as Tea says, is. When I was first discovering the furry fandom, I tried to figure out the distinction between Otherkin, Therians, and furry lifestylers, and everyone seems to have their own definitions and distinctions.

HDC
Last note - I'm biting my tongue right now over a site that claims that "Species Dysmorphia" is on the same level as "Gender Dysphoria". My problem with it? No discussion about brain chemistry. Very little discussion about hormones, genetic issues, or learned behavior. But a very quick statement of "it's possible that a person with GD has a female Spirit imprinted on a male body, or vice-versa". Way to make your unstated imprinting gods look like incompetents or assholes. As someone who has occasional battles with Gender Dysphoria - some friends have claimed I have "Dual Gender Euphoria" until they see me crash and burn when my duality conflicts - I am not amused.
Seriously? Even in my moments of self-doubt, at least gender dysphoria has a scientific basis, explanation, and community. I like "Dual Gender Euphoria"--but again with the crashing.

HDC
Oh, and I'm a furry. Not a fursuiter, not an otherkin, not a lifestyler. Just into the art and the fandom - even when it's just as bad as the gaijin otaku.
Same.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:11 pm
TheDisreputableDog
It doesn't seem to be an organized "community" anymore than the pagan scene, as Tea says, is.
When I first started hearing about the 'Kin, it seemed that they had a de facto centralization, mostly because there were very few websites devoted to the movement. Now everyone and his dog-soul has got a webpage, blog, podcast, and wiki devoted to it.

Quote:
When I was first discovering the furry fandom, I tried to figure out the distinction between Otherkin, Therians, and furry lifestylers, and everyone seems to have their own definitions and distinctions.
That's what I'm seeing more and more now, since the movement itself has become more and more amorphous. I'm sure there will probably be some breaking point like what happened with NAMBLA in the gay pride movement - some core contingency of subgroups saying "we really don't want you anymore".

At least, I hope so. I have a special place in my personal hell for co-opters.  

Henry Dorsett Case

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:01 pm
Quoted in all of it's poorly written glory.

"excuse me!! how can pagans not worship nature?? pagan meaning country dweller...people who lived with nature. you cant be considered a pagan if you don't belive in nature and the goddess? then you're just spiritual...you're talking to a pagan"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:20 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Quoted in all of it's poorly written glory.

"excuse me!! how can pagans not worship nature?? pagan meaning country dweller...people who lived with nature. you cant be considered a pagan if you don't belive in nature and the goddess? then you're just spiritual...you're talking to a pagan"
OH NOES! TEH WRATH OF TEH GODDESS!

Wait.

Which Goddess?  

Henry Dorsett Case

Astenwroth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:24 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
OH NOES! TEH WRATH OF TEH GODDESS!

Wait.

Which Goddess?

Sounds like the "I'm Wiccan! My Goddess/God are Artemis and Apollo!" type.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:40 pm
What I find hilarious is that I never said I didn't believe in nature. Of course I believe in it. I can look out the back windows and see it all the time. It's also the thing that sends little bugs to bite me when I step outdoors. I just don't worship it.  

IH_Zero

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:44 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
What I find hilarious is that I never said I didn't believe in nature. Of course I believe in it. I can look out the back windows and see it all the time. It's also the thing that sends little bugs to bite me when I step outdoors. I just don't worship it.

I like saying that my religion is "god-centered". Since the gods take an interest in the natural world, and some are part of it, I take an interest too.

Plus, I really want to be a hippie.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:06 pm
Nuri
AngryRobotsInc.

I like saying that my religion is "god-centered". Since the gods take an interest in the natural world, and some are part of it, I take an interest too.

For some reason, you say 'hippie' and the first thought in my mind, is someone meditating to Jimmy Hendrix. xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:08 pm
Nuri
AngryRobotsInc.

Oh, I'm one of the biggest tree-hugging "freaks" that I know of. Taking care of the world, and all the things living in it, is a big part of my philosophy and morals. I just don't like being told my path is invalid because I don't worship nature and "Teh Goddess!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:08 am
AngryRobotsInc.
Nuri
AngryRobotsInc.

Oh, I'm one of the biggest tree-hugging "freaks" that I know of. Taking care of the world, and all the things living in it, is a big part of my philosophy and morals. I just don't like being told my path is invalid because I don't worship nature and "Teh Goddess!"

I just want to know why people say Teh and not The. It looks so stupid.  

jaden kendam

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:27 am
jaden kendam

I just want to know why people say Teh and not The. It looks so stupid.

It's just a bit of internet slang. I don't know exactly where it came from, though.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games