Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:12 pm

the one true advantage they have is a sheild but after that they are pretty much dead

SM would take fire from a spartan like a refreshing spring rain
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:30 pm

Mat
the one true advantage they have is a sheild but after that they are pretty much dead

Well glorified flashlights are able to penetrate Space marine armor so I don't think that Space marines would be able to take a pistol round to the head.
As for the actual stats of the Spartans and Space Marines. Those are remarkably close. Spartans are about 7 ft tall. Space Marines are about the same from what I remember. As for strength the Spartans were able to overpower standard marines in specail body armor which increased strength multiple times over they can also bash off armor plating from tanks. Space marines might be as strong but I'm unable to find a quote to back me up on it. So the only real difference that I see is that the Space marines have multiple versions of all of their organs while Spartans have only what they were born with.

Dubyamn

Jillyjally

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:11 am

Spartans and Space Marines are alike in so many ways. It would be wondorous to see fight each other. Then the Conventant and CHoas troops would come and slaughter everything. exclaim New idea for story!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:07 am

the covvies would more easily be protrayed with the use of Tau. Two different "races" working together.

Cagalli Yura Attha

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:53 am

"Marines Could cave a normal humans head in with a Back Hand blow."
I don't remember what book its from, but it describes a Marines strength. But really, the Spartans would be used in the Imperium instead of Scouts for Kill Teams, thats about it. And just to remind you, no flame wars. Go to Here
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:33 am

Space Marines and Spartan each have there own advantages...... but all and all it would be a decent match and of course the..... spartan would win.
Im gonna throw some numbers at you guys and you all can mod them all you want.

First for those who dont know basic space amrine stats
Points 15
Weapons Skill 4
Balistics Skill 4
Strength 4
Toughness 4
Wounds 1
Initiative 4
Attacks 1
Leadership 8
Armour Save 3+

Now my thoughs on a spartans stats
Points 15
Weapons Skill 3
Balistics Skill 5
Strength 3
Toughness 3
Wounds 1
Initiative 6
Attacks 1
Leadership 10
Armour Save 3+ and a 4+invul'

Hand to hand combat is weaker since they are so much smaller and so is thier strength and toughness as well. They are how ever better trained than space marines in my opinion and do not have unreasonable hate towards even friendly races, nor do they have an unrasional fear towards technology not blessed by the scribes. i left the regular save and added an invul to represent the spartans shield system. and thats pretty much all i could think of. i dont even want to think of special characters of weapons or special rules.....

well, theres my thoughts, im now awaiting opinions.

Samulin

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:31 am

But shouldn't the Invuln work so that if it fails, the shield needs to go 1 phase to recharge? And wouldn't that be around 30 pts, and remember, normal spartan against normal SMs, not Master Chiefs againts Marneus Calgar, I hate when people do that.(PS, you didn't do anything wrong, just saying that.)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:26 pm

Dubyamn
Mat

Well glorified flashlights are able to penetrate Space marine armor so I don't think that Space marines would be able to take a pistol round to the head.
As for the actual stats of the Spartans and Space Marines. Those are remarkably close. Spartans are about 7 ft tall. Space Marines are about the same from what I remember. As for strength the Spartans were able to overpower standard marines in specail body armor which increased strength multiple times over they can also bash off armor plating from tanks. Space marines might be as strong but I'm unable to find a quote to back me up on it. So the only real difference that I see is that the Space marines have multiple versions of all of their organs while Spartans have only what they were born with.

maybe not to the head no but anywhere else the ceramite would hold against small arms

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:18 pm

Dubyamn
Mat

I seem to remember a bit of fluff where a space marine with normal hand crushed a traitor IG wearing a battle helmet, so i daresay the SM's are as strong if not stronger. Secondly, in Halo 2 the MC is normal human sizes. Thrdly, space marines have ceramite hhelmets too, theres a blue-print of the helmet somewhere in the 3rd ed rulebook.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:23 pm

STOP THE FLAMEING !!! YOUR CONSTENT FLAMEING IS TARING US APART!!!

Desperado de Anarquia

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:40 pm

BaneTheSlayer
STOP THE FLAMEING !!! YOUR CONSTENT FLAMEING IS TARING US APART!!!
What flaming? surprised
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:47 pm

Well ok it's not flaming yet but this is a bound flaem contest. Trust me, and besideds I just wanted to say that now so I dont have to say it later.

Desperado de Anarquia

Samulin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:06 am

Drachyench_The_Eternal
But shouldn't the Invuln work so that if it fails, the shield needs to go 1 phase to recharge? And wouldn't that be around 30 pts, and remember, normal spartan against normal SMs, not Master Chiefs againts Marneus Calgar, I hate when people do that.(PS, you didn't do anything wrong, just saying that.)

yeah, or maybe the shield can be an add on..... since they originally didnt have one so they can be a base 15 points

And MC versus Marneus Calgar is just plain wrong.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:47 am

Samulin
Drachyench_The_Eternal

yeah, or maybe the shield can be an add on..... since they originally didnt have one so they can be a base 15 points

And MC versus Marneus Calgar is just plain wrong.....
lol i can see why

only me n i g g a

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:21 pm

now for a new subject Snake Eyes from G.I.Joe v.s. Death Cult Assasain
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games