Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:57 pm
Nines19

It's incorrect, but "common definition" says it's "acceptable"?
Incorrect, inaccurate and ignorant. It ignores core concepts on all cultural sides of the framework- the culture of origin, the culture in common use and the culture it is being applied to.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Nines19

Incorrect, inaccurate and ignorant. It ignores core concepts on all cultural sides of the framework- the culture of origin, the culture in common use and the culture it is being applied to.

i was watching Clash of the Gods: Thor on the History Channel and they used the terms interchangeably. it seemed odd to me that experts on the subject would do this, especially when trying to educate others. anyway, thats why i asked.  

whiporwill-o

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:21 pm
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
Nines19

i was watching Clash of the Gods: Thor on the History Channel and they used the terms interchangeably. it seemed odd to me that experts on the subject would do this, especially when trying to educate others. anyway, thats why i asked.
The History Channel has problems. The most notable of which is their habit of relying on the lowest common denominator to explain alien concepts.

It's pretty much the core of culture rape.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:25 pm
TeaDidikai
The History Channel has problems. The most notable of which is their habit of relying on the lowest common denominator to explain alien concepts.

I'm not allowed to watch History Channel or National Geographic any more. Certain subjects they like to talk about always end up with me correcting the tv and throwing things at it in a rage. stressed  

Collowrath

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:28 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
TeaDidikai
Nines19

it's sad when you can't rely on educational sources for education. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:31 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

I'm not allowed to watch History Channel or National Geographic any more. Certain subjects they like to talk about always end up with me correcting the tv and throwing things at it in a rage. stressed
Hubby protests when I watch stuff. I think he got a little tired of me being annoyed.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:58 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

Hubby protests when I watch stuff. I think he got a little tired of me being annoyed.

I think my partner just got tired of hearing it. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:49 pm
My stance on the history channel:
1. I occasionally enjoy watching programs on it and it's ilk.
2. I keep in my mind my Latin professor, who was offered to be in on a program as an expert in an area she had little to no knowledge of, because she has a known Latin Website.

In essence, GIANT GRAINS OF SALT.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:24 pm
maenad nuri
Like, the size of Lot's wife?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:48 pm
Byaggha
maenad nuri

QUITE POSSIBLY.

(husbands response: "that is not a grain of salt. She was a pillar. THAT IS MANY GRAINS)  

maenad nuri
Captain

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 pm
maenad nuri
QUITE POSSIBLY.

(husbands response: "that is not a grain of salt. She was a pillar. THAT IS MANY GRAINS)
Bah! Technicality! biggrin

Also, HI MR. NURI! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:55 pm
maenad nuri
Byaggha
maenad nuri

QUITE POSSIBLY.

rofl

I like National Geographic as a magazine though. Certain issues, like the sustainable energy issue, are amazing resources.

Others, not so much.  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:38 pm
maenad nuri
My stance on the history channel:
1. I occasionally enjoy watching programs on it and it's ilk.
2. I keep in my mind my Latin professor, who was offered to be in on a program as an expert in an area she had little to no knowledge of, because she has a known Latin Website.

It can make for an interesting jumping off point.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:05 pm
Tea -if i may call you that- i have a stupid question just for you blaugh

please do not get offended... Why is the 'g' word a racial slur? i have tried looking it up on google, but found no satisfying answers, mostly people just saying that they don't find it offesive. i know what it implies, but could that not be said for all travelers who steal? or is it specifically targeted at the Roma.

my dad does not use the 'g' word to refer to anyone, but he does distinguish between an african american and a [n-word], based on the way the person behaves. i'm not saying this is right, but for the area he lives in, that is MAJOR progress compared to the others who live there. on a similar note, i do not understand why certain people think it is ok to call a caucasian person "cracker", its very hypocritical, imo.  

whiporwill-o

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

IF we add Mythbusters to that, you've got my trifecta of hatred for junk science on the air. Sometimes the Hitler Channel or pseudo-Naturalist Gentry get it rightish, but just as often, they might as well be reading off Wikipedia.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games