Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Great British Tea Debate! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you regularly drink tea?
Yes, yes I do.
75%
 75%  [ 43 ]
No, no I do not.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 57

Chendre

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:19 am
India came up with the idea of tea. Shortly after british merchants grabbed the idea and brought it back. Tea leave tasting was tought in classes in the eighteenth century until it became a national pastime. Want to know why? Visit the castle museum in york. Surely you know where that is?  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:39 am
Uh, no. I have no idea where York is.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:06 pm
Gosh, tea is everywhere at the moment.

I rather like the post by 'AlienFTM', though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:29 pm
Yorkshire tea ftw smile

That said, I do have about five+ types of loose leaf green tea in my cupboard... ah well. Our Empire was good for something, i s'pose.  

Auntie Erin

7,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:49 am
Oddly enough, I am also on a tea-or-die diet. If I dont get my tea....I kill lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:03 am
Tea happens 6 times a day for me. I'm not an addict! I just bring 100s of PG Tips bags on holiday...

And I am partial to Earl Greys.  

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

terus mino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:50 pm
also am i a fan of PG Tips. we have hundreds of bags at home.
i'm so tea-or-die  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:00 am
Yorkshire tea addict! heart I have to get my mum to send me some out here every couple of months. Although I do have a wide range of fruit, green and herbal teas in the cupboard, but they don't get touched very often. My 10 month old daughter even loves her tea!  

lil_witch1985

Biumu

Shirtless Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:16 pm
i think it is. We have every tea you can imagine and everwhere I go there's tea drinker's. ANd beside's we make it the best!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:42 pm
My stress level is often set inverse to the amount of tea I've had in a given day.

Went to a geek convention a couple weeks ago and the first thing a friend I hadn't seen in months did was tell me he had fresh tea brewed in the staff room. I'd just driven alone to the convention, and through the city, and was frazzled and harried up until he told me that.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Ms Larry Larson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:58 am
♥♫

This topic should be at the top of the list in my opinion. Nothing beats a cup of tea, at any time of the day. For me it'd be with milk and one sugar. Though the usual is milk with two sugars. I think. Tea helps out in so many situations, especially when you're stressed, in shock or just cold. Good ole' cuppa rosie. Where would we be without you. :'D

♫♥

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 pm
Chendre
India came up with the idea of tea.

Psst, it was actually China that was the birthplace of tea. I do believe the old myth was that some tea leaves fell into an Emperor's cup of hot water and he drank it, and liked it.  

Garwaire

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:12 pm
Samuel Garwood
Chendre
India came up with the idea of tea.

Psst, it was actually China that was the birthplace of tea. I do believe the old myth was that some tea leaves fell into an Emperor's cup of hot water and he drank it, and liked it.

>Tea plants are native to East and South Asia and probably originated around the point of confluence of the lands of northeast India, north Burma, southwest China, and Tibet (wiki)

Although it's academic, really, because people steeped whatever in hot water back in the day to make a drink, whether it was Camellia sinensis or blackberry leaves.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:16 pm
Larzilla
♥♫

This topic should be at the top of the list in my opinion. Nothing beats a cup of tea, at any time of the day. For me it'd be with milk and one sugar. Though the usual is milk with two sugars. I think. Tea helps out in so many situations, especially when you're stressed, in shock or just cold. Good ole' cuppa rosie. Where would we be without you. :'D

♫♥

I have my tea really sweet but with no milk, and people look at me like I'm insane squarkle pasnips.  

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:31 pm
Behatzlacha-S
Larzilla
♥♫

♫♥

I have my tea really sweet but with no milk, and people look at me like I'm insane squarkle pasnips.

Quite rightly! Sugar just ruins the flavour imo, though I am partial to having lemon now and then, like the French.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff