Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vid13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:18 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yeah Okay so I decided that my last ambition for army recolouring didn't quite look right so i tested this pattern today WHICH I LOVE

So here we have my first three repainting victims.

The dude with the Two wings Is Lieutenant Janus and what i really liked here is wehn i decided to do the crosses I like how awesome the split cross looks like on his cloak

The guy with the dual chain swords is a Sargent and he Came out awsome. His cloak helped me realize I needed to add those crosses to them. He looks pretty cool too unfortunately i ran out of silver paint so i needed to compensate for the swords color so i did a warning yellow black WHICH IS AMAZING I'm gonna do that on all swords.

THe last guy that looks like rambo is actually from 9th company of my army which was lost to the warp....he's a stragler....he was the first piece i painted this scheme and gawd.....amazing.

Anyways hope you enjoy.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Sweet models, Vid 13. I really dig the paint job.

Curses!!!!!! I just spilt my blood red while base coating my plaguebearers. Noooooooooo.

Lord Thuddleton

Heroic Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Niiiiiiiice...
I like the scheme, vid, but you should try undercoating metal areas black before painting on the metal colour. It makes the recesses on the metal look more natural.
Anybody know why my pictures won't show up?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:44 pm

Heroic Senior Officer
Niiiiiiiice...
I like the scheme, vid, but you should try undercoating metal areas black before painting on the metal colour. It makes the recesses on the metal look more natural.

No clue at all. I know that Photobucket has been going through retardation of late, but I'm not sure of why exactly your links are breaking.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Heroic Senior Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:15 am

Caleidah
Heroic Senior Officer
Niiiiiiiice...

No clue at all. I know that Photobucket has been going through retardation of late, but I'm not sure of why exactly your links are breaking.

Okay, but it's deviant art that I'm using for these pics...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:58 pm

Okay More images from my army rescheme still coming alon amazing. I promise at least 2 more images tommorow (thats my goal it two a day)

Vid13

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Heroic Senior Officer
Caleidah
Heroic Senior Officer
Niiiiiiiice...

Aaah, I gotcha. Then I suggest that you check to make sure that you're using the proper link for the picture.

@ Vid: Again, very nicely done. I like the use of the Smoke Launchers on the backside of the (Champion?)'s scythe, makes a very interesting style.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Caleidah
Heroic Senior Officer
Caleidah
Heroic Senior Officer
Niiiiiiiice...

Aaah, I gotcha. Then I suggest that you check to make sure that you're using the proper link for the picture.

@ Vid: Again, very nicely done. I like the use of the Smoke Launchers on the backside of the (Champion?)'s scythe, makes a very interesting style.

Yeah mainly I just wanted to put something there to give it a 'power' weapons feel to it That my companies champion after all you know.

ANd heck you were the one who gave me the base coating advice and after that my painting looked WAY better.

Vid13

Vid13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 pm

More army recoloring pics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 pm

Once again, very nicely painted minis. I like the (Sergeant?) in the second pic. Seems to have a definite air of "If you ******** with me, I'll kill you." The Techpriest is very good as well, though the gun he's holding is kind of blurred out.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Vid13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Yeah I'm sorta spamming the thread but I am repainting my army lol, so I'm trying to justify.

Yeah The second GUy's a Sargent i like him too though my favoite for this batch id the third one I must say. Yeah anyways the Techmarine was sort of an impulse I added the servo-arm right before I primed because i though he was too plain without it. Can't see it in that picture but he's got an adeptus mechanus pad on the othr side
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Nonsense! THis is a showoff thread, and you are doing just that. I just show my stuff off in my thread. XD

Oh yea, the Anomaly is coming over here.

Dragonzealot

Vid13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Dragonzealot
Nonsense! THis is a showoff thread, and you are doing just that. I just show my stuff off in my thread. XD

Oh yea, the Anomaly is coming over here.

LOL Yeah I feel justified now. Will have more pics tommorow.

THE ANOMALY DUN DUN DAH!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:02 am

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

Vid13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 pm

More photos...This one includes a before and afgter so you can be WOWed by the change
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games