Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MAYGUSTA

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:28 pm
Erm...

I'm May - I'm kind of cautious in real life, when it comes to anything, which -- I guess -- is why I talk a lot online. I find it fairly easy to get along with people...

I've been into anime and manga for about ten years -- my first anime being Pokémon.

These days I'm more into manga, I'm not so keen on animation -- unless the animation is beautiful like Blood+ or Ergo Proxy. Then again, things like Lucky Star catch my eye, too.

I can't read. That is to say, I can -- but not in the same way that you can. I have Aspergers Syndrome, and one of the downsides to such a thing, is that I can only read so many words, before the previous ones make no sense -- so reading books is usually out of the question. I have a very good memory for things I have heard, though. So, when I say I like books, someone has usually had to read it to me.

I started drawing one year ago, and was greatly influenced by Naruto. I don't it very much, anymore, but my style really resembles it, at times. More recently, I have gotten into Katekyo Hitman Reborn! I love it, and I think I'll stick with it for a while, but thus; my art style is leaning towards Akira Amano's style. It's a nasty habit, that I need to get out of at some point - but I've only been drawing a year, so I guess I can't complain.

Sometimes I snap - but that's because I feel intimidated. That's another downside to having Aspergers. Please do not take it personally if I seem a little cold - or appear to not care. I cannot empathise. It's not a skill someone like me can learn -- I was born like this, and I'll die like this. The sooner people accept it, the closer they can come to a level of understanding between me and themselves. That seemed cold, didn't it? That's another thing...

For people like me, there are two wrongs and rights. It's not like I don't have any morals - there is just the set wrong and right, and my wrong and right. Although I will never break the rules, sometimes I feel I am in the right, and nothing anyone can say will change my mind. That ties in with the empathy. Because I cannot empathise, I do not know how you feel - I can't imagine it.

Please, if I'm being rude - or you don't like something I do, there's no use being subtle - I won't be able to tell. You actually have to tell me, straight-out. I know it can seem uncomfortable, but it's unfair to both people if you just drop hints that I can't pick up - because I won't stop, and so you'll get upset - and then I'll get in trouble, and it could have been solved easier.

But -- I never break the rules. I dislike breaking the rules - and so; simple soloution. I just don't. ^__^;;

I seem like a total evil person when I read through this... Geh! I find it hard to explain feelings...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:06 pm
Welcome May. This isn't the place to vent so we hope you stay nice and happy here with us.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Firebender_Reia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:08 pm
Hi! My name's Lyssa. I'm a junior in high school and I have been drawing for most of my life, but only in the past 3 years or so have I actually decided that I need to put my ego aside and seek towards improving my arts.

I have always been attractted to the fantasy style and got really into drawing manga style (First Rumiko Takahashi, then Yuu Watase, and finally the latest is Nobuhiro Watsuki) by reading Ranma 1/2 when I was 12.

This past year I recieved PS CS and a tablet and fell in love with it. I my style is still very clearly manga/anime, but it is starting to lean more and more towards realism in certain aspects.

I like kendo, drawing (duh), reading, writing, dancing like the fool I am, and singing off key at the top of my voice w. my younger brother.

I want to go into graphic design, but I'm not really sure that's the area for me; maybe I'd be better off in character design or storyboarding or something...whups. sweatdrop Off topic.

Anyways...I can't wait to get to know everyone better and to see their work!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:54 am
Welcome Lyssa.

I started with graphic design. Hated it. Haha. Well, there are many things to do in entertainment art. So you don't have to do corporate art if you don't want to. Just make sure that what you're doing is appropriate for the area you live in. If you're in a rural place, they don't have much use for graphic designers or storyboard artists. In many cities, they have demand for us. You've got plenty of time before having to worry about that though.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Ruste

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:16 pm
Hello, I'm London. : ) da: http://ayokaeu.deviantart.com/

Umm, I turn 19 on Saturday. I'm attending college at McGill University in Montreal, Canada, but I usually live in New Jersey, USA. In my free time I enjoy drawing (well obviously, or I wouldn't be here 8'D), playing video games, reading, and forum whoring.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:44 am
Hey London. I'm in Jersey too. xd

Welcome aboard.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

JettaKD

6,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:12 pm
Hello all smile I'm Jetta, and I am currently a Graphic Design Major at David Lipscomb University. I have been drawing since the age of two. My mother still has what she deems a remarkable portrait of Big Bird from this time period. I frankly think it looks like a yellow and orange blob, but far be it from me to judge my mother's tastes. While I think I am a good artist, I know there are always ways in which to improve smile I'm not particularly good at digital media and if anyone would be interested in helping me with this I would be much obliged. Likewise, I think I'm fairly good in the traditional styles of realistic portraiture, more old and traditional anime/manga styles, and the animation styles of Marvel and DC Comics. I can also help with drawing mythical creatures, such as dragons, werewolves, anthropomorphic creatures, fey, and a myriad of other less known creatures.

I'm also a writer, specifically in the realm of horror. I am currently working on my first novel, though I doubt it will be anywhere near completion in the next decade.

If anyone is interested in viewing my art it can be found here:

www.moonwolfgirl.deviantart.com

Ignore the drawing of Jareth....It was done in literally ten minutes on a deadline with a broken pencil.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:02 pm
Welcome Jetta!  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Lancent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:10 am
Yo, name's Lancent or:

Animefireball, shadow789, pagemakers21

I sketch, teach and color anime (Originals only). i'm 19 going on 20 in couple of months... I create Trance Music using a program called REASON 3.0 and i don't know what else i should put...

checkout my arts at: www.animefireball.deviantart.com  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:30 pm
Hi, My names Sam, I've been an aspiring artist since about the age of 12, at least thats when I started geting serious about it. Of course, like the rest of my generation, I started trying to draw anime, particularly shoujo, and as such, my prime expertise lies in the female form.

I've broken away from anime alot and can draw a semi decent version of almost anything if given enough inspiration. I'm still very much just feeling my way out with the art styles. I'm not sure what art style I want, I really just want t find what I'm comfortable with, which hasn't happened yet.

What little I can do I am proud of and happy to pass on to other people.

Oh yes, I am 16(a week and a day from 17) and homeschooled. Also I happen to be female, for the record.

Soo...um, Hi. :3<3  

sadaoakimichi

Hippie-Hoax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:40 pm
Hello, my name is Camille.

I am a sophomore in highschool and I just turned 16. I will be graduating Highschool early so technically I will be a senior next year.

I have been interested in art since I was very young. I have two grandmothers who have had careers in art. (Traditional painting and Fashion design) I have always enjoyed the japanese drawing style (manga) but my style can vary from realism to not. However, for some time now (maybe two years) I feel that my progress in getting better has declined since I was perhaps 14 years old. I am hoping that will change very soon if not this year.

Overall, I am fairly outgoing (online and offline). Although, sometimes I just can't tolerate people who tend to be annoying--especially on purpose.

hopefully, I will be able to make some new friends here as well as giving and getting advice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:47 pm
Hello~ Name is Kanamo, but I go by Kana. I'm 16 and am a junior in high school. This is my.. 4th year "drawing seriously" though I think we've all scribbled since we were little, so I guess that doesn't count. xD I've got a fear of people (no seriously), so I tend to sound really weird because I'm trying to break that fear. Oh! And I tend to abuse emoticons like XD and such.

Umm.. I'm currently thinking about applying to SCAD or CU. Anybody go to either of the two? XD  

Kanamo

sadaoakimichi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:51 am
Can't say I do, but I'll welcome you to the guild and wish you luck on your applicatiosn any way. 3nodding I abuse my emote privleges more than anyone can know. stare

Welcomes to you to, Camille! Congrats on escaping highschool early. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:09 am

Ello, ello!

Not all that great with introductions but here goes nothing~ You can call me by my Gaia username or my alias which is Miyanko or.. whatever you want! I'm a high school graduate, community college drop-out [ which sounds VERY bad but.. I'm just really bad at math], and current bum. I draw for a living or so I like to say and I want to get better! Edit: Oh! I'm from Houston, Texas and I love BJD's, Gaming, and ect.

My dream college was SCAD but since I fail in the knowledge section I'm trying to get to The Academy of Art in San Fransisco. Here's to hoping but my art is @ Sheezy Art.

Hopefully things will turn out great and.. stuff.

:3

MiyaMeeya

sadaoakimichi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:31 am
Welcome! Always happy to see new faces, especially gamers like myself. 3nodding

Make yourself at home!  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games