Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Suggestive Lines (*snicker*) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:48 am
Skizzors
"I could not help it, but I began to feel suspicious of this 'dark complexioned' harpooneer. At any rate, I made up my mind that if it so turned out that we should sleep together, he must undress and get into bed before I did."

MOBY d**k, BITCHES. All hail classic literature. More quotes tomorrow, I've not got the book with me right now. Or the time. But damn Ishmael panics a bit much about sleeping with Queequeg..
Rulin' ya universes...

O_O heart *snort*

How about this one, from Romeo and Juliet (there is SO much gay in Shakespeare.) "I am deeply enpierced with his shaft" - Romeo
HONESTLY.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:20 pm
I'm glad some other people posted ( rofl those quotes were so funny XD) - I don't like feeling like the only perverted person. ninja

It was difficult to stop myself snickering at this one, during a mock reading test. It's from some novel, about this boy who travels back in time and ends up meeting Shakespeare:
(Why are we given stuff like this to read?)
"For a moment I couldn't move - and then more than anything I wanted to be closer to him."

We were in art on Monday, when my teacher glared at some of the guys in my form and said, "you boys better shut up and work, or you'll being doing certain things at break."

This isn't exactly funny, just kinda cute. 4laugh Zak was trying to replace Paul in textiles (Paul had magically disappeared for the morning), by wrapping himself up in a pink piece of cloth, and trying to molest Robbie while pretending to try and reach the sewing machine. I was sat there gnawing at my lip to contain my fangirlish-ness. xd

@Miss Sushii - there's loads of slashy innuendo in Shakespeare. 3nodding One of the guys in my English set asked my teacher if Stephano and Trinculo were gay, and if Caliban was jealous of Trinculo because of that. I was thinking, OMG! xd I knew I wasn't the only one! Even straight (he supposedly is...) guys notice it.
I'm definately going to have to steal my mum's Shakespeare plays, now. 3nodding

I'm sure there was something else... I can't remember right now. It probably wouldn't have been as funny as those other quotations, anyway... sweatdrop  

Honourable123

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:26 pm
Just for reference? Herman Melville, who wrote Moby d**k, was hugely influenced in his writing by Nathaniel Hawthorne, who wrote The Scarlet Letter. He looked on him as a mentor, a teacher, and an idol. Moby d**k is inscribed in token of my admiration for his genius, this book is inscribed to Nathaniel Hawthorne. Suffice to say I am not entirely convinced that Melville didn't have a gay crush on Hawthorne.

So. Scene context. Ishmael needs a room in an inn, gets one, but it already has an occupant. He gets all pissy about having to sleep with a "cannibal" (Queequeg, he's an Indian) and starts freaking out about it. Then he gets used to it. Very very quickly. XD

Here they are! (all separate paragraphs.. from page 20something to 49):

Upon waking the next morning about daylight, I found Queequeg's arm thrown over me in the most loving and affectionate manner. You had almost thought I had been his wife.

Wild he was; a very sight of sights to see; yet I began to feel myself mysteriously drawn towards him. And those same things that would have repelled most others, they were the very magnets that thus drew me. ... At first he little noticed these advances; but presently, upon my referring to his last night's hospitalities, he made out to ask me whether we were again to be bedfellows. I told him yes; whereat I thought he looked pleased, perhaps a little complimented.

He seemed to take to me quite as naturally and unbiddenly as I to him; and when our smoke was over, he pressed his forehead against mine, clasped me round the waist, and said that henceforth we were married; meaning, in his country's phrase, that we were bosom friends; he would gladly die for me, if need should be.

How it is I know not; but there is no place like a bed for confidential disclosures between friends. Man and wife, they say, there open the very bottom of their souls to each other; and some old couples often lie and chat over old times till nearly morning. Thus, then, lay I and Queequeg -- a cosy, loving pair.

Be it said, that though I had felt such a strong repugnance to his smoking in the bed the night before, yet see how elastic our stiff prejudices grow when love once comes to bend them. For now I liked nothing better than to have Queequeg smoking by me, even in bed, because he seemed to be full of such serene household joy then.

o_________O More once I get to 'em, but DAMN. Talk about "subtext."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:46 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

O_O heart
OH
MY
GOD.
I AM SO READING THIS BOOK, OMGOSH! *fangirl squeal*
That is just... WOW.
SO READING THIS BOOK! *spazattack*

@Mayor Spoon: ;^; *sniffle* waaah, why do you have such cute guys in your class? I wanna change schools, all the guys in my school are pussies. With no sense of style (seriously guys, FLUORO IS OVER!) and they're totally uncute!
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:50 pm
Even without that whole element, I love it. whee Melville gets as wordy as the rest, but he does it in a very evocative way, not just piles of words like Dickens.. BUT SERIOUSLY OMG WHAT. You're not supposed to take it that way, but how can you NOT?!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 pm
Mmkay, our math teacher is walking by collecting tests. My friend Kelsi says to him "You're shirt is cool! You just shouldn't tuck it in." He looks at her and says, "What? You want me to walk around with it untucked all day?!"

We all DIED laughing.  

ChaoticAngelofElvenBlood

xxIrrelevant Obsessionxx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:13 am
In Latin class (all from my teacher)

"Probably some suction going on there"

"You're so good!"

Me: "What does it mean?"
Him: "I can't tell you, it's too dirty..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:27 pm
I remembered what I was going to post. I was sat on the sofa, at my nan's house, reading Death Note ( heart ). My grandad was changing the channel every few minutes - they really shouldn't have got cable. Some preview thing on one of the movie channels was one, and a guy said to this other guy, "I'm gonna go in deeper, I'm gonna go in harder." rofl I just pretended I was laughing at the DN volume I was reading. sweatdrop

My dad said something funny today - must be a sign of the Apocalypse - but I can't remeber it. I'm supposed to be doing my geography pack now. Two months worth of homework in one night. gonk I really should have started it earlier.

I really have to read Moby d**k, now. It's downstairs, I just never got around to reading it. sweatdrop

@Miss Sushii - the guys in my form are so unbelievably slashy. xd I never really realised it before, but they actaully are pretty cute - especially together. whee You really wouldn't want to transfer, though; our form was okay (in a slightly dysfunctional, constantly abandoned way - four form teachers, two drama teachers, and now a music teacher we've driven away) before, but since 'Gaz' (hate him so much evil ) got kicked out of his old form 'cause no one liked him, everyone's gone kinda insane. sweatdrop

I'm sure there was another... *mentally searches book-shelves* ... ... I'll remember later, at some totally inconvenient time. sweatdrop  

Honourable123

Kuo51

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:05 pm
"Crayon Shin-chan" is just one double entendre after another! Here's some examples:

1. Ai's Mom: "We'll have so much fun today that I won't have to slap the bunny!"

2. Where'd that come from?! You don't have pockets!

3. Shin: "I'm gonna go drain my snake on a plane."

4. Shin's Mom: "How hard can it be to yank a knob off? Hiro does it by himself all the time." rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:53 pm
Mayor Spoon
whee You really wouldn't want to transfer, though; our form was okay (in a slightly dysfunctional, constantly abandoned way - four form teachers, two drama teachers, and now a music teacher we've driven away) before, but since 'Gaz' (hate him so much evil ) got kicked out of his old form 'cause no one liked him, everyone's gone kinda insane. sweatdrop
Rulin' ya universes...

Oh, trust me, I would -__-
...since 1992.

User_2629207

GojakInucrawler

Aged Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:43 am
I've got a good one . . .

In Dragonball Z, Goku and Vegeta are fighting Buu and they have to get really close in order to make a large blast to kill him. They press their cheeks together and they put their hands together so that they could combine their powers or something. It's been a while since I saw that episode . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:11 am
Miss Sushii
Mayor Spoon
whee You really wouldn't want to transfer, though; our form was okay (in a slightly dysfunctional, constantly abandoned way - four form teachers, two drama teachers, and now a music teacher we've driven away) before, but since 'Gaz' (hate him so much evil ) got kicked out of his old form 'cause no one liked him, everyone's gone kinda insane. sweatdrop
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

It's really that bad at your school? eek I don't think I could imagine a more insane or irritating form. Or year group, for that matter.

I have nothing to post ( crying ); Robbie and Paul seem to be spending more time with Zak and Middie than each other. stressed And I'm currently reading two novels, which seem purposely designed to have no slashy-ness in them. At least not right now - the author of one obviously loves slash; there was a gay couple in her other trilogy. 3nodding  

Honourable123

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:28 pm
Mayor Spoon
Miss Sushii
Mayor Spoon
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

It's really that bad at your school? eek I don't think I could imagine a more insane or irritating form. Or year group, for that matter.

I have nothing to post ( crying ); Robbie and Paul seem to be spending more time with Zak and Middie than each other. stressed And I'm currently reading two novels, which seem purposely designed to have no slashy-ness in them. At least not right now - the author of one obviously loves slash; there was a gay couple in her other trilogy. 3nodding
Rulin' ya universes...

>.> No soap. Teachers who don't speak english.
Uniforms that do not keep the cold out in winter.
NO CLUB ACTIVITIES.
*hates*
AND TO TOP IT OFF, THEY PUT NATH AND BRANDON IN SEPARATE CLASSES! *rage*
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:42 am
Miss Sushii
Mayor Spoon
Miss Sushii
Mayor Spoon
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

Rulin' ya universes...

>.> No soap. Teachers who don't speak english.
Uniforms that do not keep the cold out in winter.
NO CLUB ACTIVITIES.
*hates*
AND TO TOP IT OFF, THEY PUT NATH AND BRANDON IN SEPARATE CLASSES! *rage*
...since 1992.

Okay... my school's pretty much the same, without the teachers not speaking English, and Nath and Brandon - the latter was pretty obvious. sweatdrop Ciggarettes in the toilets, unbelievably arrogant teachers, teacher that love the sound of their own voice (they must record their voices and play it to themselves before they go to sleep - I've never met anyone other than them who can talk so much), mentally unstabel drama teachers, a library completely taken up by computers, and not books... I could go on forever.

These are all from the same page in the book I was talking about before - Voice of the Gods, by Trudi Canavan.
"Yem looked up and grinned. 'It would be a shame if our visitors left Dunway, having only experienced sleeping on hard ground and chasing after vagrant servants.'"
"Gillen blushed. Danjin chickled as the ambassador sat down and sighed. 'My secret's out. I'm unworthy,' he mourned. Yem smiled and said nothing."
'Danjin turned his attention back to the other two men.'

I'm sure there were more, but I can't be bothered to find them right now.  

Honourable123

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:21 am
Well, it's not that slashy, but last week during assembly, we had this guy nicknamed 'The Condom King' because he promotes safe sex in Thailand, and he had all these jokes in between about how when they began distributing condoms at first, they were too big because they were shipped from the US, so they did a survey of the 'national circumference' as he called it, and they remodeled condoms to what they call 'Asian size' so now they sell 'Asian size' and 'International size'.

xd So basically I was cracking up the whole time. And then I thought yaoi thoughts the rest of the way through. Bahaha.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games