Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:17 pm
User Image *Professor Beroliza had her head down, watching the tea swirl as she stirred her tea, but her eyes lifted towards Professor Algorith at the mention of her pre-teaching years. She lifted her head so her eyes were facing straight ahead.*

"Mmmm. I was a professor for most of my time. I've been teaching since I was 22, currently 28. I was a professor at Beauxbatons first, same position. But what about yourself?"

*Her smile reappeared between her two perfect, red-stained lips. A smile tha could easily hide a secret.*

[[the plot thickens.]]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:34 pm
User Image
[[Oh! I have the best plot sensing skills! But I'm not going to ask this time. It's going to be a surprise! Wait, can teachers have plots?]]
Professor Algorith smiles. "Beauxbatons is a wonderful school. I visited there on a professor's conference once. Well, I've been teaching since I was 30, and before that I traveled the world after college." Professor Algorith fingers her scarf from China that she purchased so many years ago.

cocosam

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:07 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
-2 years now, I believe.

2. How many posts have you made?
-3661 posts

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
-Yes and I have been very diligent in the past, but last term I had other obligations that caused me to drop a lot of those classes.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
-Defense Against the Dark Arts only.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
-Professor Ann Clairion

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
-I would actually like to see a full staff at Hogwarts this term and what better way to do that is to apply to teach. I find it fascinating to see the different students who pass through my classes grow. I also love teaching and regret the horrible display of class presentation I had last term and most certainly need to make it up.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
-Lessons will be updated weekly and most likely have homework to go with it. There will be at least 4 levels to the class, which will lengthen the gap between those who've gone through the lessons and those who are new. I will also try to add more activities than just a Q&A session.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
-Animekitty47

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
-Knowing what is to be expected through past experiences and (something new) already-made lengthy lesson plans ready to be posted at a moments notice.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
-Absolutely.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
-Blargy-blee? XD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:42 pm

((you all dont mind if i make my teacher image as well do you?)
((it didnt work im going to fix it
"that sounds interesting before i was a teacher i was a elf that traveled the world and learned many things i have been on this planet for quite some time

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:25 am
Go, Professor Clairion! Gogogogo do it! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:43 pm
[[Juni! Our second-to-last live admin-person-mod thing!]]  

cocosam

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:28 pm
User Image[[go ahead James. It seems people like this idea of mine!]]
Mhm. I traveled a bit myself. Lovely areas down in Italy.

*sips tea*

So, Professor Algorith, your wise with teaching are you not? Any advice you could give me?

*Her melodic voice echoed from he brim of her teacup, eyes peering out from under her ginger bangs.*

[[I don't see why teachers can't have plots, besides, some people only have a teacher for a character.]]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:32 pm
User Image
"Italy is a quite lovely area." Professor Algorith takes a sip from her tea and thinks. "Advice. Be nice to your students and don't take them for granted." Professor Algorith thinks about a previous year when a student messed with her after getting detention. "And never leave your tea tray on a stack of books. Or any other item that contains liquid. That is why my tray floats now."  

cocosam

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 pm
User ImageHmm. Make your tea tray float. Always. That's good to remember.
Hopefully I won't have to send anyone to detention...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:03 pm
User Image
"Yes, sending some one to detention makes me quiver. Detention always scared me. I feel regretful whenever I do send someone."  

cocosam

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:10 am
User ImageProf. Meteniera Scarborough bursts through the doors of the teacher's lounge. She looks around, mumbling, and then sits next to the only professor that she knows, Prof. Algorith. This is her first year of teaching, and some one has already tampered with her books. "Hello, Prof. Algorith. And Prof.-" she says, lost for words at how un-professory this new teacher looks. "You must be the new Transfiguration teacher. I teach potions. This is my first year here as well. I'm Meteniera Scarborough," she says.
{{My old Prof. and character got too one-personish. Just pretend that the old Prof. died in a tragic accident with a potion going ary. This new one is much cooler.}}
[[and expensive. Meaning the avi. Love the idea, Summer.]]
Prof. Scarborough's unforgiving eyes roam the room as she thinks the most deep and horrible thoughts. Remembering.....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 pm
User Image
"What's wrong Professor Meterniera? Looks like you saw a ghost as the muggles say."  

cocosam

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:15 pm
This post is for the approval of Tabby507's application on page 41 for the position of Apparition Professor.

Go get 'em, Professor Fortina! You may start a thread for your class.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:53 pm
Oops! Sorry, Tabby! I didn't go back to check for your application sweatdrop  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:16 pm
User Image[[this "smile" is for roleplay purposes only Katie. I love your avi choice!]]

Hello Meteniera. My name is Selena Beroliza. You may call me Selena, after all...we should all be friends in this establishment.

*she smiles, but not a true smile. More like an "i-cant-believe-you-of-all-people-are-sizing-me-up-with-your-eyes" smile. This Professor had no right to judge.*

[[I love this idea too. I should, I came up with it, but I needed a way to make sure my teacher character was never confused with my student. It seems almost every teacher (well us 4) has taken to using it..]]

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games