Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hroth The Blooded

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:58 am

I need some advice. I want to make a conversion for my World Eaters army, but I don't know what do do. It is basically Kharn but with an item I invented. I call it the "Gauntlet of Khorne" it is going to be a brass gauntlet/ lightning claw, with an incorporated plasma pistol (in the plam, like Huron Blackheart's) in place of Kharn's pistol, but I don't want any of the details, just a smooth topped claw. Any bitz suggestions or ideas, other than green stuff, would be helpful.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:23 am

Why not just get the bits from Huron Blackheart's (powerfist?) and customize it to make it suitably Khornate?

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Hroth The Blooded

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:55 am

I was thinking that...but I want it held up, like Abaddon's, but bending it upwards, so the claws point up.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:23 am

Why not use houron's claw then? just cut off the hand and twist it 180 degrees and voila, claws points up instead of down. 3nodding

Shinobi_8745

Jera_Laguz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:00 am

User Image

Ok here is my Chaos Lord from my Chaos Marines.

The scythe is from the Typhus model, the plasma pistol from the old chaos lord model. The base is made from 40k starter set terrain and the main of the model is the new chaos lord. As for the helm it is from the new plastic terminator lord. I simply clipped the big horns off and smoothed it down.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:47 pm

Nifty model, I like the combination of bits used.

King Kento

wash_away

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:20 pm

uploaded some new photos.

wash-away.deviantart.com
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:25 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay so I got some advice in my thread a while back on painting and I decided to give it a try.

So the guy on top I threw together out of a bunch of my bits an assassin. So thats him right there. His weapons are made from chopped down Meltas. By chopped down i mean that the tips of them are chopped off as well as the underpipe. I used scroll and what not for the cape...I know this is a painting thread but anyways. So yeah I sprayed him a semi flat black and did so at I level. I decided that he's an Eversor Temple Assassin...I dunno why he looks so diffrent than the other assassins of that temple but I'l figure something out.

The Second one is an eldar Vyper which a sprayed at the same time as the assassin I used a dark Green and gold to accent it...

So yeah feel free to go with constructive criticism.

Vid13

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:30 pm

Not sure how I feel on the stance for the Assassin. Seems like he's hunched forward a bit too much, though that could just be from an attempted dynamic pose. The modded out Meltas are very nice indeed, though if the model was to be a 'counts as' Eversor, I'd say try and somehow model in blades onto the guns as if they were constructed for CC.

The Vyper looks very nice. The Gold makes a very nice contrast to the black and green, and I've found that Eldar and Dark Eldar look the best when they've got nice stark contrast in their paint scheme.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:33 pm

I like it, you do the detail well, not sloppily like some do. The thing I'd advise about the painting is to flesh it out more, do more painting, so it doesn't look like it's mostly base-coat.

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vid13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:15 am

Caleidah- Yeah i kinda had to take what I could get on the pose I had no ther legs left so i tryied to make a dynamic pose from what I had. As for the blades on the guns you gave me a really good idea so I'm gonna look into it and I'll put up an update. Yeah I noticed the Eldar color scheme business myself.

DarkElf- Thanks, and I'll try to unfortunatally the blue on the assassin was darker than i expected it to be so it doesn't help. Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try.

And with that I'm off to go paint more figures.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:36 am

Indeed. You've got a fair bit of painting skill, more than I can attest to.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Vid13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:55 am

Caleidah

Indeed. You've got a fair bit of painting skill, more than I can attest to.

Thanks mrgreen
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:01 am

Try following up your black undercoat with black detail using a 75:25 mix of Chaos Black : Codex gray.

Then use a 1:1 mix of Codex Gray to Water as a detail, lightly brushing it on. Follow up with a 1:1:4 mix of Black, Grey, and water on the extreme details, and finish with a 1:4 Codex Grey to Water. It looks really nice, the edges stand out a little and the black really shines through.

explodeyFox

Heroic Senior Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:25 pm

This is some of the painting I have been doing for my Fireblades chapter of Marines. I have mostly taught myself to paint.
User Image
User Image
My Commander with Plasma Pistol, Artificer Armour, Thunder Hammer, Iron Halo, and Terminator Honours

User Image
My terminator HQ squad. With two storm bolters w/ chainfists, two heavy flamers w/ chainfists, and combi-flamer w/ power fist. For the next commander.

User Image
User Image
My termi commander with the above termi HQ squad. He has a combi flamer and power fist, and terminator honours.

Suggestions?

Heres a link to my homepage if you can't see the pics here.
My DA homepage.
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games