Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:16 pm
vidfreakfido13
Unfortunatally i wanted to do that but that hatecs ar glued down so i placed it in that idol position you see there. This weapon was kinda an after though of the construction of my rhino, but now will probally become a standard on all my APC's.

I don't play Marines, so can you use it ingame?

-Mykal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:17 pm
Yeah i believe so I'm really new at the whole game aspect but a vetran modeler. But i think so.....I hope so  

vidfreakfido13

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:19 pm
vidfreakfido13
Yeah i believe so I'm really new at the whole game aspect but a vetran modeler. But i think so.....I hope so

Make sure you can use it before you end up doing a full armado of them.

I'm new to modelling, so I'm gonna have a go at painting my brother's Abaddon conversion soon. I say that. It'll prolly never get done. I don't wanna ******** it up. D=

-Mykal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:21 pm
Yeah paintings not my strong point either im a modeler all the way form terrain to figures. Oh and the next ones i do are going to be manned by guys dont worry.  

vidfreakfido13

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:41 am
Personally, i'd not have pintle-mounted it. You know the small + shaped runner for the Hunter-Killer missile? I'd mount it on there, so it's more.... compact.
As for use in-game, it could be used to represent a Hunter-Killer missile on the Rhino, if the points are payed for it to use a Hunter-Killer missile. It'd be neat to see that, as if the forge world has its own custom launcher system.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:00 am
Ohwow look a conversion.

The light is so strong. I had to shield it with my arm. Believe it or not, this model is primed black, but it looks like bare pewter in the pics. Maybe my webcam is X Ray...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So yeah, what do you all think?

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

vidfreakfido13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:54 am
Nice i like the marine head in the hand very Hamelt "to be or not to be" awsome conversion though dude. Like the use of the ork arm looks good. Whats the paint scheme gonna be. and thanks for the input Ophiuchus biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:19 am

I plan on doing black with gold trim, or silver below and gold on the torso and shoulders, red shoulderpads, and a Dark Angel/Crimson Fist marine in his hand. I might try for an 8 point compass on his eye if I can get that much detail. I wanna make a scenic base for him so slot into, but I need some nice arches.
Anyone got any spares? D=

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

vidfreakfido13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:39 pm
Nice sounds like its conna be awsome. No i dont have much anything for spares i can hardly make half a marine with my bits box.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:22 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:42 am
2 questions upon the model Argus.

1-Where is his demon sword
2-Where is his talon of Horus

He looks amazing, but you may never get to feild him as he is  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:36 am
Reddemon
2 questions upon the model Argus.

1-Where is his demon sword
2-Where is his talon of Horus

He looks amazing, but you may never get to feild him as he is

Well if you look, you'll notice that he has a powefist and powerclaw. These can be a powerfist and a lightning claw, or anything really. A powerfist and a plaguesword. Doesn't have to be a sword for modelling purposes. Hell, it could be a Bezerker Glaive of Khorne, and the powerfist is just for modelling purposes. WYSIWYG is more so that a bolter isn't a rocket launcher. This sort of thing is legal, according to GW's modelling and converting flexibility allowances.

Just because it's just using Abaddon parts, it doesn't mean it's Abaddon. It's a Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour. My brother just wanted to use that model to convert it, and

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

wash_away

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:59 am
are the slanesh demonite's (or however you spell it) pewter in the boxed set? and same questin for the sister's repentia box set.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:03 am
wash_away
are the slanesh demonite's (or however you spell it) pewter in the boxed set? and same questin for the sister's repentia box set.

Daemonettes are blister packs only, and they're pewter.
Slaneeshi Marines are pewter, I think.

Battle Sisters are also pewter.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

wash_away

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:30 pm
-how close to the original size does a model have to be to still represent the model it stands for? I got a bunch of free bits from the gaming store I go to because I told them I wanted to start a slanesh army. I made a "dreadnought" out of sentinal, defiler, and a ton of other odd's and end's. but after I was done it's around 1.5 the size of a dreadnought. I really really want to use this peice!! It just look's so cool for a slanesh army.

- It has a twin laz. and a close combat weapon claw thing. I know that chaos dred's have a storm bolter or a twin linked bolter mounted on the hull I was wondering what kind of modifications can you make for a slanesh dred. I"m not interested in the points of the stuff I just wana know what I can do to this thing.

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games