Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fadingz

2,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:00 pm
Hello all ^^

I'm fadingz and I'm new to Gaia as well xP

I'm a freshman in college.

I use Intuous 3 tablet and Photoshop CS2 (and mouse, haha)

hmmm I don't really know what to say xD

Nice to meet you all !!!! ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:04 pm
Fadingz, welcome!  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Keetzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:21 pm
Hiiiii.
I'm Nikita.
I've been drawing since forever.
With a pencil.
I pretty much suck with everything else.
Trying to 'master' Photoshop CS3.
Failing miserably.
Hence why I wish to be a mentee.
I'm 17. And already having a mid-life crisis.
I'm from England. And have left school.
I'm not in college, nor do I have a job.
My time is usually spent writing, drawing, sleeping, watching anime or stand up comedy, taking photos, online chatrooms/forums.
My social life exists only on weekends.
I'm not very good at introductions. (If you hadn't already figured)
So I'm just going to end this now...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:37 pm
Hello everyone. My name is Amanda, but you can call me Accomplice. I enjoy art as well as active guilds. I found this guild and I thought "Hey, they look very nice, and I could always use encouraging help."

Yup that's the main reason I joined. Aside from getting to know people and getting any help from anyone I could. I am always eager to listen. xd

Well a little about me... I am from Ohio and I am 21. Basically a long standing member of Gaia. If theres anything anyone at all wants to know about me feel free to pm me. 3nodding

Accomplice

Goat

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:19 pm
Nikita, Amanda, we're glad to have you both.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:55 pm
HAI! :3

I'm Korinee, but you can call me Kor or Jennifer,
whichever you prefer, as long as you don't try and call me Jenny. D"

*thinks*
I like to draw more traditional art than digital art,
but I don't have a scanner .. . . and I don't know where my tablet went. ;o;

I'm lazy, I like to write, leave my doodles unfinished
and I can hardly ever draw two eyes symmetrical because I've never learned how to use guide lines or shapes or anything else with my sketches. >_>
I freehand and go straight to lineart, I, uh, have nothing else to say, I don't think...

This is actually longer than I expected it to be,
but I joined this guild a little earlier and just posted now.

SO HI. And I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. biggrin  

Korinee

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:43 am
Glad to have you, Kor. I have a preference for traditionally rendered work as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Hewo!!

Kuropuu here, though I refer myself to Cin every now and then.
Junior in high school.
Currently debating on if I should make art/design a major in college or not.
Lazy in academics unless I'm persuaded. (which is a very bad personality to have >.Is very bad with conversations, especially in real life. Also sucks at grammar/spelling and remembering the right vocab to use at certain times.

Currently taking an art2 and a design class. Though she finds them boring..

Loves drawing people, though better at still life...
Love color pencils and ADORES water colors (though I suck at it).
Still working on cg skills.
Hates doing linearts. (it's just not my thing)

And I do hope to get better critiques and help on drawing! Especially anatomy...  

Kuruupo

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:56 am
Hey Kuropuu. Glad to have you. Check out the resource thread. There's plenty there to help.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:08 am
Hello everyone!

I'm pretty much an artist that draws for personal enjoyment. Though I'd love to advance further towards a career, I just don't feel I have enough experience yet. Which is honestly why I am here. 3nodding I feel that sharing and discussing art with other people is one of the best tools for learning we have.

I love sketching! I'm horrible about it, really. I had such a love for sketching, I used to hate having to color or ink my works. Now I'm taking steps to further my understanding of color and painting. So while I hate doing it, I love the feeling of actually "getting" it. sweatdrop (If that really makes any sense at all...lol)

Everything I know about art is self taught from basic learning experience and experimenting or from tutorials...I've never been able to take a class, though I hope to go to college for art sometime next year.  

Avali_Sunstrider

swizzkitten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:28 pm
Hi all..
I'm Swizzkitten (you can call me Swizz). Well, I am sure that I am much older than most of you (but young at heart lol). I have always loved art, sketching mostly when I was younger, some painting with acrylics..I would say primitive style. I joined Gaia a few months ago and now I'm fascinated with Anime and attempting to learn how to draw in this style.

I managed to master PSP7 over the last 3 years, now working on photoshop and clueless lol. I don't have a tablet (yet) and my scanner has fizzled on me, so I've tried a few sketches, taken a pic with the cam and then do the lineart over that as a layer in PSP..whew..must be a better way. Look forward to meeting you all smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:00 am
Avali and Swizz, welcome. I'm sure we've got people here that can help you both.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Mastian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:17 am
Hey all. I'm a sophomore in high school who studies too much sometimes: I'm new to Gaia and may use it as an occasional pointless break from the monotony. I'm not much of an artist, but I like drawing, and I enjoy a sense of community.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:21 pm
I wrote an intro before, but because I'm so gosh darn shy and was having second thoughts about why I was invited to join this guild that I deleted it. xD
Um, so hi. I promise I won't delete my post this time.
My name isn't important and neither is my age. Art is art; I hate how some people don't get attention for their art because they're "too old" or some kids get too much attention for not that great art because they're "so young."
My dA can be found at >>to-fu.deviantart.com<<
Um..
I haven't been drawing long, and I'm completely self taught. My art is nothing impressive, but I offer whatever help I can give.
I don't plan to go anywhere with art. It's a hobby, and I don't see myself with the potential to get noticed in the art society.
You might think that I'm putting myself down a little too much, but I'm just being honest. sweatdrop
I don't have any fancy art supplies. My tablet was bought cheaply with my own money at a dingy shop in China. I don't have Photoshop. I use those 2B pencils that you buy for $2 a pack, and crayola color pencils and markers. Sometimes, I think those fancy art supplies are sold for more than they are worth. :[

But yeah...

*resists urge to delete*  

kawaiitofuchandesu69

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:49 am
Tofued, you don't need fancy tools. You just need to fancy the tools you have. Know what you have, rather than have a lot of things you don't know how to use well. Photoshop is overrated in way too many cases. Welcome.

Mastian, thanks for joining. Hopefully, we'll help each other.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games