Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:30 am
"The lack of leaked oathbound material is evidence that the material doesn't exist. People break their oaths all the time."

And yet this person attempts to accuse me of fallacy. They've yet to honestly answer a challenge...*sigh* Another one for Iggy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:27 am
Henry Dorsett Case
"The lack of leaked oathbound material is evidence that the material doesn't exist. People break their oaths all the time."

And yet this person attempts to accuse me of fallacy. They've yet to honestly answer a challenge...*sigh* Another one for Iggy.

Actually, you probably should have just reported her. Last time I knew, shifting the burden of proof and spamming with the same unsupported bullshit was not kosher.

On a further note about her. After she busted mine and Cuchullens balls on who uses the word "majick" I found proof from her beloved Wikipedia that stated that it was reintroduced by Crowley and those who practice Thelena/Thelema. No reply yet.  

jaden kendam

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:44 pm
jaden kendam
Actually, you probably should have just reported her. Last time I knew, shifting the burden of proof and spamming with the same unsupported bullshit was not kosher.
Well, I've caught her in barshifting, burden of proof, and attempting to retroactively change the focus of her argument - and now I've called her on all of it. She continues, she's going to start getting reported.

Quote:
On a further note about her. After she busted mine and Cuchullens balls on who uses the word "majick" I found proof from her beloved Wikipedia that stated that it was reintroduced by Crowley and those who practice Thelena/Thelema. No reply yet.
Yeah, I should have known she wasn't capable of honest debate when she used the old crux commissa argument to substantiate her claim that the Christian cross came from the Egyptian ankh, then tried to claim that it was a standalone claim (even thought the demolition of that claim removes support from her ankh claim).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:34 pm
"Wow your a witch too? Can you pull a rabbit out of your hat yet?"  

XxGothicKittiexX

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:00 am
The word meant male witch, now prove that there was a prior religion with the name before Gardner.

So what if there wasn't?

This has got to be the worst attempt at discrediting Gardner's view of Wicca that I have ever seen.

I probably could have said, "Prove that there was a religion called Christianity before Jesus came and taught."

So what if there wasn't?

eek

*The bolded is what I had originally written. The italicized was the reply.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:04 am
"So, which color of planeswalker are you? Or do you cast Gold Spells?"

Magic the Gathering Reference...though I HAVE to admit....It would be really f'in cool to control Slivers. I love them lil bastards.

"What level are you?"*

*Provided they're asking about some stupid sort of D&D reference, and NOT talking about Reiki.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:01 am
The tenents of a religion dont matter because I said so.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:05 am
Are you like a ghostbuster like on tv or something?  

jaden kendam

Frail Appetite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:42 pm
"I'm the HP of my coven."

And by coven she meant study group. And by HP she meant smartest thirteen year old in the study group. Imagine how clueless you had to know less than this girl. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:01 am
"I classify myself as Pagan, though I haven't really declared a particular religious affiliation because I'm not sure if I'd be correctly following any particular religion without full research and a good understanding of whatever religion I choose. Until then, I enjoy a good personal relationship with my deities, even though I don't know their names."

Okay, so it's only bad if you're in a room full of fluffies and unable to defend yourself against "pick Wicca because you can believe whatever you want!" arguments. Other than that, the above post was made with my tongue firmly planted in cheek (though perhaps not my own)  

Henry Dorsett Case

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:11 am
"I grew up communicating with spirits ever since I was an extremely small child. Blame it one my [G~] and Celtic blood."

gonk

There's more, but I don't know enough about any kind of mediumship, fake or real, to call her on it. I was reading with a raised eyebrow and then I hit this comment. Starts here.

She's looking in the Divination Guild for "others of her kind." Should I suggest she comes here?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:32 am
TheDisreputableDog
"I grew up communicating with spirits ever since I was an extremely small child. Blame it one my [G~] and Celtic blood."

gonk

There's more, but I don't know enough about any kind of mediumship, fake or real, to call her on it. I was reading with a raised eyebrow and then I hit this comment. Starts here.

She's looking in the Divination Guild for "others of her kind." Should I suggest she comes here?
*blinks* She even trotted out the Ten-Percent Myth...then again, the whole thing about "people don't take me seriously because of my age, so I won't post it" thing gave me a laugh, mostly because it would appear that her birthday is in her profile. She sounds like the standard "I'm wise beyond my years because I can spout off a lot of things from books" fluffy.

I can't speak to your question, not exactly being an influential member, but I would doubt that real discourse is what she's looking for.

ADDENDUM/CONTRIBUTION: "I don't know how to control the results of X tool/working, so therefore it's graceless and clumsy and worthless!"  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:27 am
TheDisreputableDog

gonk

I think I am going to be sick.

The journey of a Medium is a lonely journey, regardless of the spirits surrounding you.

How does she figure that one?

As well as her using tarot and smoke and all sorts of tools, then says that bad things can happen if you combine talking to spirits and tarot. eek

Granted, i dont use any tools, but what the ******** is she talking about?

The Guardian Spirit, in what she says is new to me. It has been around her family for many generations and can be a guardian for multiple people? Or did I read that wrong?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:32 pm
TheDisreputableDog

gonk
I have some choice words for her.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:01 am
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog

gonk
I have some choice words for her.
I sent her a PM and was like "Um, what?" Her reply involved that said family members are deceased and surviving family members say that they used the word to describe themselves. I told her, not being qualified to dispute it, that even if that were the case, she might not want to bandy it about or she'd end up getting an earful from people who knew better than I.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games