Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaptainKillbot

Ruthless Elder

19,125 Points
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:01 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

Find a few charismatic people to spread the word, and get a good message before sending them out.

What message do you think would be best? We're already spreading the word pretty effectively I think, but it definitely could be improved.

What message are your spreading now?

When I send a guild invite, I typically write something like this:
1. Noting their obvious distress with the current state of Gaia, I ask them to join.
2. We are a peaceful group who are looking to be heard.
3. We want to work with Admins and Devs to help create a more user-friendly experience.

Most of what I say is taken from the guild's front page.
I can't speak for everyone else, though.

That's very nice but you should be pushing for a United Gaia Movement, I think if you found yourself a few spokesman to spread the message of Unity within the members of Gaia it would help strengthen peoples resolve to make things happen. Give the people a voice to be heard and a message that lets the Admins and Devs know that Gaian are United in what they want, that it's not just a fad or a gimmick that you are going for but real change and real results.

I'm liking this idea.
What kind of movement? We do have crew members and a wonderful temp. Captain. Or are you suggesting we bring in someone entirely new to be a spokesman? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to understand exactly what you mean.

I'm not suggesting you bring anyone new in or change things up drastically, but we all know that a strong voice for the people has more impact then a dozen people spreading flyers on the streets. As far as the movement, Gaia as it stands is a divided community, the forums each fight with each other, there are divisions in Towns and Towns2. The administration see's it we are divided and are easy to conquer, maybe not with force but with shameful incentives like GC and prizes that only serve to inflate bother their wallets and our marketplace. As I understand Zomg was down for a while and might still be down, Zomg is a major part of Gaian lifestyle and economy so how did they allow something so important to crash? But when Smashblocks had trouble they left it running which cause havoc to our bitter unstable economy. So what's my point you ask, well our voice isn't being heard as a community everyone wants different things, everyone feels that their part of Gaia is more important then everyone else's and that only serves to divide us further and makes it easier for the administration to gain more foot holds to both oppress and subdue us. If we want real change we need to show a United Voice that when heard means more then a group of picketing members that can be banned or removed or even bought off with prizes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:06 pm
CaptainKillbot

I'm not suggesting you bring anyone new in or change things up drastically, but we all know that a strong voice for the people has more impact then a dozen people spreading flyers on the streets. As far as the movement, Gaia as it stands is a divided community, the forums each fight with each other, there are divisions in Towns and Towns2. The administration see's it we are divided and are easy to conquer, maybe not with force but with shameful incentives like GC and prizes that only serve to inflate bother their wallets and our marketplace. As I understand Zomg was down for a while and might still be down, Zomg is a major part of Gaian lifestyle and economy so how did they allow something so important to crash? But when Smashblocks had trouble they left it running which cause havoc to our bitter unstable economy. So what's my point you ask, well our voice isn't being heard as a community everyone wants different things, everyone feels that their part of Gaia is more important then everyone else's and that only serves to divide us further and makes it easier for the administration to gain more foot holds to both oppress and subdue us. If we want real change we need to show a United Voice that when heard means more then a group of picketing members that can be banned or removed or even bought off with prizes.

This is very true, and I agree with you 100%. If you don't mind, could you post a thread in the main forum about this? To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how we would go about doing this.
It's important for us to be unified, though. That may be the most important thing we can do.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

CaptainKillbot

Ruthless Elder

19,125 Points
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:14 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
CaptainKillbot

This is very true, and I agree with you 100%. If you don't mind, could you post a thread in the main forum about this? To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how we would go about doing this.
It's important for us to be unified, though. That may be the most important thing we can do.

The first thing you should consider is finding people who feel that being unified is important, people who are willing to voice the words of the rest of the community without violence, without trolling, and without breaking ToS, after all we need to play by Gaia's rules. The most important thing is to remember that as a united community everyone's voice needs to be heard as one.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:44 pm
Hello! I'm a new member and am here to try and get gaia to realize they are killing the site with the gaia cash over kill they have been pushing this year.
I don't mind gaia cash being available, just don't make it the big thing.
Many of us can't afford it and It's killing the marketplace for those who can't.  

Mama_Avatar_Talk_Stalker

Fashionable Shapeshifter

12,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Hygienic 200

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:46 pm
Mama_TekTek
Hello! I'm a new member and am here to try and get gaia to realize they are killing the site with the gaia cash over kill they have been pushing this year.
I don't mind gaia cash being available, just don't make it the big thing.
Many of us can't afford it and It's killing the marketplace for those who can't.

Hello, TekTek! Welcome to the guild!
I agree. GC, in its self, isn't a bad thing. My theory is that is became a crutch for the site--a way for them to make money without really having to try.
They've also been doing many re-releases and new item colors, but they haven't made many NEW items for a while except for the RIG. I feel like laziness is settling in. =.="
Anyway, we're glad to have you with us. Hope to see you around!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hi, I'm Ginny. I saw one of your members who had the banner in their sig and I had to join. Mass overpurchasing of GC has caused insane inflation of our favorite items and because of that makes them near impossible to quest for now like we used to in the olden days. crying Plus, I seriously can't believe how much they charge for some individual items. I thought $100 for a Mochi Kitten Star was completely insane when I first saw it in a flash sale. But then I saw them charging FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS for pixelized angel wings, and then at that point I was so pissed off at Gaia that I made a vow to never buy GC ever again.  

Firelit Inspiration

Dedicated Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

gabilliam tho

Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 pm
Well hello! I'm Elenor. I'm usually found in the Dressing Room or rolling around in the GD. I've never bought GC before because I'm broke and I have a real life, but this inflation is getting out of control.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:54 pm
Firelit Inspiration
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Hi, I'm Ginny. I saw one of your members who had the banner in their sig and I had to join. Mass overpurchasing of GC has caused insane inflation of our favorite items and because of that makes them near impossible to quest for now like we used to in the olden days. crying Plus, I seriously can't believe how much they charge for some individual items. I thought $100 for a Mochi Kitten Star was completely insane when I first saw it in a flash sale. But then I saw them charging FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS for pixelized angel wings, and then at that point I was so pissed off at Gaia that I made a vow to never buy GC ever again.

Hi Ginny! I'm so happy you saw that banner and decided to join us! I think you'll find lots of causes and threads to join in here with members like myself that share your opinion on how things have been on Gaia for a while now.

By the way, if you want a banner for your own signature to show your support, feel free to take your pick right here!

Welcome to our Revolution family!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:55 pm
gabilliam tho
Well hello! I'm Elenor. I'm usually found in the Dressing Room or rolling around in the GD. I've never bought GC before because I'm broke and I have a real life, but this inflation is getting out of control.

Hi Elenor! I'm so glad you decided to join us. Welcome!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:23 am
Hello, I'm Faerie and have been with Gaia since 2007. Since then, I've noticed some major changes that I'm not happy with at all. The drastic inflation of MP prices on items that used to be within attainable ranges are utterly ridiculous as they climb into the millions and billions of gold! And all those advertisements of getting people to buy high priced Gaia Cash items is definitely getting out of hand here on this site!  

Faerie KatrinaZ

Sparkly Fairy

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 pm
Hello all, I'm Brommiel. You can call me Bro.

I first saw this guild due to a friend's signature. I've been on Gaia since 06, not
on this account, and I used to love Gaia. Recently, however, things have
gotten out of control. I've watched Gaia grow older, introduce GC and then
watched it start to decay. It's almost sickening to go into the marketplace
now, it's gotten out of control.

I will not lie to you, I have spent money on Gaia. So much so, that I
am a member of Club Verge. I eventually quit due to how many greedy trolls
there were. After being in that guild, I stopped spending any amount of
money on this site.

I also won't sugar-coat the fact that I do like GC items. I like making my

I'm hoping that, by joining this guild, that we can get Gaia to see that
it's just self-destructing itself.

It began losing members and they've even E-mail'd me a
questionnaire about them creating a new site. It seems that they just want
to squeeze as much money as they can out of Gaia before it officially
goes down.

That's obviously why they created Club Verge, if you've spent $100 on Gaia,
you're invited to it. In which, they offer members RIDICULOUS items.

You have to spend AT LEAST $25. The most expensive item I've seen
was $500. Club Verge was a "gift" to supportive members. Oh please, it
just gathered up members of Gaia who spent the most money and
flashed fancy items in front of them because they knew we'd spend the
money.

Anyways, on a more personal note, I hope you guys accept me and
that we can get along. c:

I hope I can find a few people on here that won't act like Club Verge-ians.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ
Hello, I'm Faerie and have been with Gaia since 2007. Since then, I've noticed some major changes that I'm not happy with at all. The drastic inflation of MP prices on items that used to be within attainable ranges are utterly ridiculous as they climb into the millions and billions of gold! And all those advertisements of getting people to buy high priced Gaia Cash items is definitely getting out of hand here on this site!

Hi Faerie! I'm so happy you decided to join us. I know you'll find many others here, myself included, that share your views in so many ways. Welcome!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:45 pm
Brommiel
Hello all, I'm Brommiel. You can call me Bro.

I first saw this guild due to a friend's signature. I've been on Gaia since 06, not
on this account, and I used to love Gaia. Recently, however, things have
gotten out of control. I've watched Gaia grow older, introduce GC and then
watched it start to decay. It's almost sickening to go into the marketplace
now, it's gotten out of control.

I will not lie to you, I have spent money on Gaia. So much so, that I
am a member of Club Verge. I eventually quit due to how many greedy trolls
there were. After being in that guild, I stopped spending any amount of
money on this site.

I also won't sugar-coat the fact that I do like GC items. I like making my

I'm hoping that, by joining this guild, that we can get Gaia to see that
it's just self-destructing itself.

It began losing members and they've even E-mail'd me a
questionnaire about them creating a new site. It seems that they just want
to squeeze as much money as they can out of Gaia before it officially
goes down.

That's obviously why they created Club Verge, if you've spent $100 on Gaia,
you're invited to it. In which, they offer members RIDICULOUS items.

You have to spend AT LEAST $25. The most expensive item I've seen
was $500. Club Verge was a "gift" to supportive members. Oh please, it
just gathered up members of Gaia who spent the most money and
flashed fancy items in front of them because they knew we'd spend the
money.

Anyways, on a more personal note, I hope you guys accept me and
that we can get along. c:

I hope I can find a few people on here that won't act like Club Verge-ians.

Hi Bro! I'm so happy you decided to join us, and I'm especially glad that you posted here in the intro thread. You know what? There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with GC, and there's especially nothing wrong with GC items. I used to LOVE buying pretty things and dressing up my avi to look pretty. I never bought Gaia cash, but the gold I've earned here over the years on Gaia sure did buy a lot of GC items. But all that's changed for me now with the decisions that Gaia has made.

I, too, believe that those buying GC are financing this new "sister site."

At any rate, I really am happy that you joined us. You're amongst friends here, and I hope you find lots of things to enjoy in our guild.

Welcome!!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:43 pm
Hi I'm Peter and I'm not really a pumpkin, but I am a member of gaia since 2006. Its sad to see the direction gaia is headed and I dont know if anyone else feels the same way I do, but I just dont enjoy it here as much as I used to. The big things for me used to be meeting up in rally when it was still easy to click and join your friends. It was also fun to booty grab and make a lot of gold in the process, but you cant really do that anymore. I change my avi to a pumpkin because it was about the only thing I could afford anymore since I cant spend my real money on gc.

So anyway, I saw a post in the forums from Madame Xena and I clicked her siggie. It brought me here and after reading the main page, i knew right away that I had found the place for me, a place where maybe I can enjoy something on gaia again, even if I am just a pumpkin. emo  

LIPPS INC

Moonlight Rose JoJo

Friendly Conversationalist

16,750 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:17 pm
Pegasaurus Rex
Moonlight Rose113
Hello~
My name is Joanna, but I'm also called JoJo :3
I love playing tennis! heart heart heart
I joined Gaia in 2011, but I have been on and off, so I've only played for about a year.
Mostly I chat in the forums and PM people. Feel free to add, quote, or PM me!
I joined this guild to try and stop the HUGE overemphasis on Gaia Cash, which is also causing the inflation.
And, honestly, bringing back past 250GC items for 5000GC and having flash sales EVERY day is simply ridiculous.
Have a nice day~ :')

Hey Joanna! I'm glad you decided to join us.
I agree, it feels like Gaia only cares about GC these days. ;-;
Hope to see you around!

You too! :3
How are you?
Oh noes! I didn't see the announcement early enough and logged in on Sunday! :<

🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games