Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:01 pm
Priestley
zz1000zz
Priestley
zz1000zz
Priestley
zz1000zz

I recommend not watching Bleach to its end. After the spirit world saga it starts doing the whole Dragon Ball thing.

Do you read the manga?

I never had access to the Bleach manga, so I never read any of it. After how much they dragged out the anime I cannot imagine being interested in it.

Oh you meant the whole thing with Rukia, Aizen and Soul Society?

There are a lot of filler episodes. The anime has only just got to the showdown between Soul Society and Aizen's minions.

The last I saw Ichigo and pals were in Aizen's domain. He was fighting the blue-haired freak, and I was struck by a sudden image of Dragon Ball. After that I never watched another episode.

Ah, that'll be Grimmjow.

I have to agree with you. I prefer win in more concentrated form, like in some short-running anime.

I never knew how to spell that name, and I never cared to find out either.

I have yet to find an anime that lasted more than two seasons which I enjoyed. It just seems like they lose cohesion if they last much more than 30 episodes.

P.S. That is, unless you count Lupin the Third. Lupin the Third is too good to be constrained by rules.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:35 pm
zz1000zz

I have yet to find an anime that lasted more than two seasons which I enjoyed. It just seems like they lose cohesion if they last much more than 30 episodes.

P.S. That is, unless you count Lupin the Third. Lupin the Third is too good to be constrained by rules.

That's one I haven't seen but I've heard plenty from a friend about it.

I really think it really works to take an idea, elaborate on it and condense it as much as possible by putting a duration limit on it, trimming off the excess.

Also, it doesn't help that the production rate on an anime is so much quicker than on a manga. On a long-running manga, you either get fillers or large gaps between seasons. Personally, I would prefer gaps between seasons like those found in western TV shows.

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 pm
Priestley
zz1000zz

I really think it really works to take an idea, elaborate on it and condense it as much as possible by putting a duration limit on it, trimming off the excess.

Also, it doesn't help that the production rate on an anime is so much quicker than on a manga. On a long-running manga, you either get fillers or large gaps between seasons. Personally, I would prefer gaps between seasons like those found in western TV shows.

The problem with long animes is they usually are not designed to be long. When they become successful, they do not have a plan like they did for the first season, so they just meander.

Also, you should watch Lupin the Third. Everyone should watch Lupin the Third.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 pm
zz1000zz
Priestley
zz1000zz

The problem with long animes is they usually are not designed to be long. When they become successful, they do not have a plan like they did for the first season, so they just meander.

Yes, everyone should consume media.  

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:26 pm
Priestley
zz1000zz
Priestley
zz1000zz

Yes, everyone should consume media.

Quote:
There's the television. It's all right there - all right there. Look, listen, kneel, pray. Commercials! We're not productive anymore. We don't make things anymore. It's all automated. What are we *for* then? We're consumers, Jim. Yeah. Okay, okay. Buy a lot of stuff, you're a good citizen. But if you don't buy a lot of stuff, if you don't, what are you then, I ask you? What? Mentally *ill*. Fact, Jim, fact - if you don't buy things - toilet paper, new cars, computerized yo-yos, electrically-operated sexual devices, stereo systems with brain-implanted headphones, screwdrivers with miniature built-in radar devices, voice-activated computers...

You are absolutely correct, and if you do not get the reference you are also lame.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:46 pm
zz1000zz
Quote:
There's the television. It's all right there - all right there. Look, listen, kneel, pray. Commercials! We're not productive anymore. We don't make things anymore. It's all automated. What are we *for* then? We're consumers, Jim. Yeah. Okay, okay. Buy a lot of stuff, you're a good citizen. But if you don't buy a lot of stuff, if you don't, what are you then, I ask you? What? Mentally *ill*. Fact, Jim, fact - if you don't buy things - toilet paper, new cars, computerized yo-yos, electrically-operated sexual devices, stereo systems with brain-implanted headphones, screwdrivers with miniature built-in radar devices, voice-activated computers...

You are absolutely correct, and if you do not get the reference you are also lame.

I thought it was a quote from one film but that turned out to be the wrong one. I've never watched Twelve Monkeys from start to finish. I barely remember quotes from films I have seen. I just don't see the value in it.  

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:55 pm
Priestley
zz1000zz
Quote:

I thought it was a quote from one film but that turned out to be the wrong one. I've never watched Twelve Monkeys from start to finish. I barely remember quotes from films I have seen. I just don't see the value in it.

Lame. I wouldn't remember the quote exactly, but the moment I read or heard it I would remember Brad Pitt acting insane. How can anyone forget that?

Also, the only way to watch Twelve Monkeys is in one sitting. It would be too weird any other way.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:00 pm
zz1000zz
Priestley
zz1000zz
Quote:

Lame. I wouldn't remember the quote exactly, but the moment I read or heard it I would remember Brad Pitt acting insane. How can anyone forget that?

The film was on a few months ago late at night. I saw it on and off while flicking through channels. It really didn't suck me in.

zz1000zz
Also, the only way to watch Twelve Monkeys is in one sitting. It would be too weird any other way.

The film is weird whichever method is used. That's the whole point, right?  

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm
Priestley
zz1000zz
Priestley
zz1000zz
Quote:

The film was on a few months ago late at night. I saw it on and off while flicking through channels. It really didn't suck me in.

zz1000zz

The film is weird whichever method is used. That's the whole point, right?

It is supposed to be weird, but in a sensible manner. If you watch bits and pieces it will just be some strange Picasso-esque film with no real value.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:58 am
Ixor-san
Eee....Excel Saga made my head hurt D:

And what the heck is an edit fest? Someone tell me plz!
gonk

You shall see. >3 I just wish more members would peek in here.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Xandris

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:19 am
zz1000zz
That is, unless you count Lupin the Third. Lupin the Third is too good to be constrained by rules.

Ugh, Lupin. Lupin is fail. Cowboy Bebop ftw! mrgreen

Mmm, Twelve Monkeys. I watched that for the first time shortly after it hit VHS and I just remember being rather young at the time and my parents freaking out because it was 'unsuitable' for someone my age. I actually enjoyed it then because I didn't understand it. Now that I do it's kinda lost some of the fun. xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:37 pm
Xandris
zz1000zz
That is, unless you count Lupin the Third. Lupin the Third is too good to be constrained by rules.

Cowboy Bebop is awesome.

P.S. Your face is fail.  

zz1000zz
Crew

`apple dumpling

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:30 pm
zz1000zz
Xandris
zz1000zz

Cowboy Bebop is awesome.

P.S. Your face is fail.

Your mom's face is fail ninja

In all seriousness, I agree with Ryuu. Cowboy Bebop > Lupin.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:35 pm
`apple dumpling
zz1000zz
Xandris
zz1000zz

Cowboy Bebop is awesome.

P.S. Your face is fail.

Your mom's face is fail ninja

In all seriousness, I agree with Ryuu. Cowboy Bebop > Lupin.

You cannot compare Lupin the Third to Cowboy Bebop. That is like comparing Kiss Kiss Bang Bang to The Matrix. You might as well compare Mozart to ELP.

In all seriousness, you fail all over your mom's face.  

zz1000zz
Crew

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:45 pm
Hey guys, I'm pretty new here.

I just wanted to say this is a great guild, I'm really enjoying the topics, and reading the discussions. There is a lot of information here and it's wonderful. biggrin

I'm in your post, editting thingz. ninja

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games