Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Necro Fusion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:16 pm
And woo, Halo Wars demo tomorrow!
Cause I don't own a PS3 to play Killzone on. >w>  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:33 pm
cool I'd play that but... my firned's xbawks died crying  

GamerChik240

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 pm

And thus do I once again dive into some of my older games:

There was a point where multiple games were flying out with a heavy emphasis on a combination of shooting and psychic powers. Psychic powers haven't always been totally foreign from games, but this combination was done very well. One of the games was Psi-Ops, released on the PS2. The other, the one that I own, was Second Sight.

The writing of this game is great, for one. The plot is absolutely engrossing, with a number of believable characters and an intense double plot. There's a huge emphasis on stealth in the game, to the point that even a single slip-up in the later levels can absolutely screw you over.

So...if you have a bit of spare cash laying around and feel like checking it out, Second Sight is really a game that I would suggest.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:29 pm
sooooo... two more days till DoW 2 comes out.... who's going to get it?  

GamerChik240

Aku Kami Kurayami

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 pm

I want to get it.
But I need to upgrade my computer first.
And I dunno when I can get around to talking to my dad about that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 pm

Eh. My laptop doesn't quite have the balls to work it.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:55 am
I hit 60 FPS max on COH with 30 being the Min
so DoW2 should be fine
lovely quad core goodness 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:37 am
I've been told to get Company of Heroes and its expansions over Dawn of War 2. Not sure if Dawn 2 is better, I've only played Company of Heroes for a bit. Got to love those Stuarts.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:30 am
Why the ******** is Halo bigger than god?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:08 am
Kaori Kapoigne

'Cause people play it religiously. Seriously. I'm sure that, if you took a survey, more people would have played an hour + of Halo than gone to church. Well, that's based on certain demographics, obviously. Part of it is that the game fit well into both fratboy and otaku cultures. It hugely united people online with a console game (though most Halo players would NEVER recognize anything like Counter_Strike as having revolutionized online shooters).

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:14 am
Caleidah
Kaori Kapoigne

'Cause people play it religiously. Seriously. I'm sure that, if you took a survey, more people would have played an hour + of Halo than gone to church. Well, that's based on certain demographics, obviously. Part of it is that the game fit well into both fratboy and otaku cultures. It hugely united people online with a console game (though most Halo players would NEVER recognize anything like Counter_Strike as having revolutionized online shooters).
Counter Strike? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:23 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Caleidah
Kaori Kapoigne

Counter Strike? sweatdrop

Heh, no worries. Counter Strike was originally created as a mod for Half Life. It was a team oriented shooter of "Terrorist vs Counter Terrorist." It has since grown into a huge thing, with tons of players online. In fact, when Halo started out online, a number of my Counter Strike player friends complained about it. Loudly. I personally think it was just that they were jealous that suddenly everyone was paying attention to Halo, but...eh.

It's greatly fun, but most servers that you can get on will have you getting your a** handed back pretty quickly. The people that play that game are intense.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:51 am
I've seen a few matches of CS ((only watched)) yeah but honestly I'd be scared to shoot anything in that game... my friend sniped one guy suddenly it sounded like a pack of crows took off all screaming camper and n00b.

plus halo cannont be bigger than god if it was built by satan XD

the only thing bigger than god.... playstation 3 ......... have you seen that (********) IT'S HUGE!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:54 pm
GAHHH I got DoW 2 and it's driving me insane! I'm not gettign any new missions while the tyranid swarm is envoloping typhon!!!! anyone know what the frig you should do? a certain place you must click? cause I'm gettign nothing!  

GamerChik240

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:43 am
GamerChik240
GAHHH I got DoW 2 and it's driving me insane! I'm not gettign any new missions while the tyranid swarm is envoloping typhon!!!! anyone know what the frig you should do? a certain place you must click? cause I'm gettign nothing!

Reinstall?

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games