Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Kento

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:50 am
Delpheus
can you paint a miniture with acrylics?

GW paints are acrylic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 am
King Kento
Delpheus

GW paints are acrylic.
I meant paints that aren't GW like craft paints...  

Delpheus

wash_away

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:52 pm
Delpheus
King Kento
Delpheus

GW paints are acrylic.

GW paints are the best quality paints you can get, however they are expspensive. I use craft paint all the time (especially white) but I"ll tell you some tips for using it.

never use Metalics. it just doesn't look good, not like GW's does.

water down your paint, about 1 part water to 3 parts paint. experiment with what your good with and you'll learn tricks by using more or less water.

I rarely use them straight from the bottle without any water. I buy wallmart acrylics and brush's. its easier to mix them and paint with them I use a paper plate as a mixing palate. I go through a few so dont think you have to keep the same one forever. and actually with some paint if you re add water it will flake.

mix them and just unscrew the lid and paint from that for small amounts of the exact color.

If you need any specific advice PM me because I check that more often.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:06 am
wash_away
Delpheus
King Kento
Delpheus

GW paints are acrylic.

GW paints are the best quality paints you can get, however they are expspensive. I use craft paint all the time (especially white) but I"ll tell you some tips for using it.

Just this bit. I wouldnt call GW paints the best you can get. Keep in mind there are valejo (sp?) paints, some nice RC car paints, and I think Ive heard rumors that Privateer Press is going to be making paints.  

King Kento

wash_away

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:24 pm
King Kento
wash_away
Delpheus
King Kento
Delpheus

GW paints are acrylic.

Just this bit. I wouldnt call GW paints the best you can get. Keep in mind there are valejo (sp?) paints, some nice RC car paints, and I think Ive heard rumors that Privateer Press is going to be making paints.

I always forget about those sweatdrop I've wanted to get some valejo paints for a while but I can never find them.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:21 pm
wash_away
King Kento
wash_away
Delpheus
King Kento
Delpheus

GW paints are acrylic.

I always forget about those sweatdrop I've wanted to get some valejo paints for a while but I can never find them.

Every hobby shop Ive been to carries valejo, and if its a hobby shop as in hobbies outside of games then usually they also have other brands of acrylic paints for RC cars, which seem to be popular amongst modelers.  

King Kento

wash_away

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:30 pm
King Kento
wash_away
King Kento
wash_away
Delpheus

Every hobby shop Ive been to carries valejo, and if its a hobby shop as in hobbies outside of games then usually they also have other brands of acrylic paints for RC cars, which seem to be popular amongst modelers.

what kind of bottle are they in?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:02 pm
wash_away
King Kento
wash_away
King Kento
wash_away
Delpheus

what kind of bottle are they in?

Taller plastic bottles, usually with a dropper top from what Ive seen, but I rarely use them, I just know other people who swear by them.

King Kento

[FL]Sylus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:13 pm
ok here was one of my latest conversions i just love showing it off
its sanguinius of the blood angels

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:30 am
I recognize the wings. And are the legs that SoB saint? Anyways, very nice conversion. I think the painting could be cleaned up a bit, but as far as modeling goes it very well done.  

King Kento

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:46 am
Goin' to try showing off some stuff... xD

My Daemon Prince(s) of Khorne.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

A Rogue Trader marine (this project is on the shelf at the moment, busy with my orks) and a Chaplain.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:44 pm
I finally was able to take some pics of my own
I'll do my necron lord once I finish him.....after my dad and I get some glue....whenever that is...

Chaplain Innocence close up
Chaplain Innocence full view
Converted Emporer's Chamion close up
Converted Emporer's Champion full view

the last one is slightly blurry, but not too badly...and the sord gets cut off the pic  

That Hawt Therapist

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:06 am
Okay, dump time. First of all, some old stuff repictured, since I've never gotten a good picture. I haven't this time either, but whatever. The colours are all off. confused

Oberst Viktor Morte von Krieg
User Image
Another picture of him.

Commissar Nox Erebus
User Image

The Black Banner of the Death Korps 501st
User Image

Also, I was inspired by a picture of a Tau Battlesuit to start painting my few Firewarriors up, and though I only got one done, I was rather impressed by it.
User Image
Back View
Top View  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:03 am
Alright yall', I haven't been around in forever but here's my Falcon that I've been working on, it's far from finished buuut...
User Image

Lemme' know what yall' think hmm?

Tojju

King Kento

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:04 am
Though the paint scheme could be cleaned up, the colors youre using are a nice dynamic paint scheme, and the yellow bordering helps differentiate it a bit from the standard black and red armies people like to do.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games