Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 am
I just got my older brother to join Gaia! whee I hope he sticks around.(We're very close so it'd be fun to have him on this site) It's funny, because he did the exact opposite of what newbies normally do when they make their first avatar-he made a very cheap realistic looking one. I suppose that's good for me, it meant I didn't need to give him as much gold to get his account started.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 am
Halfling Heroine
I never realized that the alcohol cleansers weren't enough...better keep that in mind. It's sort of ironic that hospitals are where people are meant to be cured, and yet they're actually really dirty. I suppose that's sort of inevitable when you have so many sick people all in one place. I'm suprised to hear that medical staff are so inconsistent with their hand washing though! I would have thought that learning how to clean your hands properly would be one of the first things medical personnel learn in their training.

Also, your comment about your ex made me laugh. xd My classmates in school keep telling me that I should be going to art college or studying animation, but I'm like "but I want to be qualified for an actual job!" gonk The other thing is, while I'm a pretty creative person, my technical art skills aren't super amazing or anything. I'm quite good at art, but not good enough to be able to copy things perfectly. I want to go for something that's creative and covers a broad range of skills-that's why I'm hoping to study Intercactive Multimedia next year.
Yup, you have to use both handsoap/alcohol rinse and that's just considered having "clean" hands. You're also compromised if you're short on time (such as working in a pediatric unit verses the ER). Also, Center for Disease control considers physicians and males to be a risk factor for lack of hand washing. So if you see your doc, make sure he/she washes hands before doing any kind of physical examination. Some are better than others, but nurses are statistically higher in actually washing their hands than any other healthcare professional in a hospital setting. c:

Lol, I make comics for science and I get people asking me all the time why I'm in nursing instead of majoring in some arts degree. Psh, real job and decent income unless I hit super rich famousness with scribbles cool Actual job works for me. There are plenty of others that can make it well in the art world, but I'm just not really that interested in putting the amount of effort and dedication for something I see as a fun thing to do.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 am
ROMVLVS
Hospitals have super viruses. You know how they say "Kills 99.99%"? well, that .01% is at hospitals.

------

I had a dream that there was a zombie apocalypse, and my friends and I were trying to survive.

More like 0% when you have bacteria spores that just don't give a damn and the most you can do is dislodge them and hope they go down the drain. Most of the super bugs are bacteria anyways.

zoommmmmmbiiiiiiieeesss.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 am
Halfling Heroine
I just got my older brother to join Gaia! whee I hope he sticks around.(We're very close so it'd be fun to have him on this site) It's funny, because he did the exact opposite of what newbies normally do when they make their first avatar-he made a very cheap realistic looking one. I suppose that's good for me, it meant I didn't need to give him as much gold to get his account started.
Congrats on getting your brother to be up on gaia as well.  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

DC-Chan

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:14 am
Slick Southpaw
DC-Chan
Slick Southpaw
Also, I don't care how narcissistic this sounds, but I find it immensely satisfying to know that I still do better artwork than my ex girlfriend who always considered herself and "art-este" and eventually went to artsy high school and was always pissed off at me for not trying to get into an art college when we were dating because I said I wanted to make money and then do art stuff.
emotion_awesome

I love you. Because this is the exact reason I went into engineering instead of an opera singer like my parents both wanted me to do. Because I want money to be able to pay bills and have a job that is stable.

God. My sister and I are both engineers/scientists. My parents are both musicians. They wonder where they went wrong in raising their children.

emotion_omnomnom
emotion_bigheart I mean, I did dream once about going to artsu school but then I decided I liked having a stable income and pissing off artist people cause I do illustrations not high art was a better lifestyle. cool Plus, I want to be a traveling nurse and see the world and that sounded way more exciting. I like my arts to be my side fun hobby.

My dad's a civil engineer and my lil brother is going into space physics. I have to go and be a nurse practitioner now to be justified xd

Aw. I just didn't feel like singing for eight hours a day. I mean, I love to sing but I don't want to force myself to sing for people just so I can get dinner. Also, as a soprano, I'm extremely shy which does not a good diva make.

Yay! You and I break the family molds! I am excited because there is only one other engineer in my family who lives in AK. Whenever he comes up, he and I have really long conversations about water treatment facilities and turbidity. Often this turns into arguments after we've had a couple drinks.

rofl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:15 am
Halfling Heroine

...I wish my siblings would join. But Gabriel doesn't like forums, and Christanna makes fun of my doll-dressup site.

crying

DC-Chan

Mega Noob

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 am
Slick Southpaw
Halfling Heroine
I never realized that the alcohol cleansers weren't enough...better keep that in mind. It's sort of ironic that hospitals are where people are meant to be cured, and yet they're actually really dirty. I suppose that's sort of inevitable when you have so many sick people all in one place. I'm suprised to hear that medical staff are so inconsistent with their hand washing though! I would have thought that learning how to clean your hands properly would be one of the first things medical personnel learn in their training.

Also, your comment about your ex made me laugh. xd My classmates in school keep telling me that I should be going to art college or studying animation, but I'm like "but I want to be qualified for an actual job!" gonk The other thing is, while I'm a pretty creative person, my technical art skills aren't super amazing or anything. I'm quite good at art, but not good enough to be able to copy things perfectly. I want to go for something that's creative and covers a broad range of skills-that's why I'm hoping to study Intercactive Multimedia next year.
Yup, you have to use both handsoap/alcohol rinse and that's just considered having "clean" hands. You're also compromised if you're short on time (such as working in a pediatric unit verses the ER). Also, Center for Disease control considers physicians and males to be a risk factor for lack of hand washing. So if you see your doc, make sure he/she washes hands before doing any kind of physical examination. Some are better than others, but nurses are statistically higher in actually washing their hands than any other healthcare professional in a hospital setting. c:

Lol, I make comics for science and I get people asking me all the time why I'm in nursing instead of majoring in some arts degree. Psh, real job and decent income unless I hit super rich famousness with scribbles cool Actual job works for me. There are plenty of others that can make it well in the art world, but I'm just not really that interested in putting the amount of effort and dedication for something I see as a fun thing to do.

Interesting that nurses are more statistically likely to have clean hands. If I ever end up in hospital, I'll make sure to ask staff to wash their hands before a physical examination.(I presume they wouldn't be offended by that if I asked nicely?)

Actually, making comics sounds like a great idea. I've got some big exams coming up myself this summer-I might give that a try. Usually I make little mind maps to help me remember stuff for school. It's great to see that I'm not the only one who feels that way about art. I want a proper job with a stable income! While art is something I'll always love, I see it more as a hobby to be enjoyed rather then a career. Art is a bit like the music industry-there's plenty of people who can sing, but very few who can actually make a career out of it. I don't want to spend the rest of my days pouring all my time and energy into trying to be the next Van Gogh or something. xd The way I see it, you work to live, you don't live to work~  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:20 am
DC-Chan

Aw. I just didn't feel like singing for eight hours a day. I mean, I love to sing but I don't want to force myself to sing for people just so I can get dinner. Also, as a soprano, I'm extremely shy which does not a good diva make.

Yay! You and I break the family molds! I am excited because there is only one other engineer in my family who lives in AK. Whenever he comes up, he and I have really long conversations about water treatment facilities and turbidity. Often this turns into arguments after we've had a couple drinks.

rofl
Haha, I feel ya. I love to draw; but I don't want to make a living out of it.

8D My dad and I talk about the one thing we can discuss together and that is biomechanics. I love talking about the physics of the human body with him. Alex, my bro just loses me with all his tech math speak and hadrons D:
But at least now I'm getting more of the physics jokes from Big Bang Theory rofl Usually when I'm around my nursing buds and we drink we start talking about the grossest things to gross one another out and all it does is gross out the people around us.

i think my brain broke, going to have to go back to a thesaurus now lol.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:21 am
DC-Chan
Halfling Heroine

...I wish my siblings would join. But Gabriel doesn't like forums, and Christanna makes fun of my doll-dressup site.

crying

Luckily, my brother is just as much of an internet nerd as I am. cool Actually, when it comes to avatars he's got a great eye. I'm always asking for his opinions and suggestions on my avatars. If I'm ever uncertain about a particular outfit, I'll show it to him before I save it. I'd trust his opinion over the AT any day~  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:22 am
Magnificent Moonbeam
Halfling Heroine
Congrats on getting your brother to be up on gaia as well.

Thank you! Hopefully he'll stay. He's very mature and literate so he should be alright~  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:26 am
Halfling Heroine

Thank you! Hopefully he'll stay. He's very mature and literate so he should be alright~
3nodding That is if he finds a forum he likes. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:27 am
Halfling Heroine
DC-Chan
Halfling Heroine

crying

Luckily, my brother is just as much of an internet nerd as I am. cool Actually, when it comes to avatars he's got a great eye. I'm always asking for his opinions and suggestions on my avatars. If I'm ever uncertain about a particular outfit, I'll show it to him before I save it. I'd trust his opinion over the AT any day~

My brother joined up for about two months a couple of years ago. He got into vending and made a ton, but then he turned into a troll and quit. And he didn't even give me any of his stuff. emotion_bigvein

He is pretty decent at avatar styles though. Every now and then I'll get him to look at mine and help out with a few items. Sometimes he just comes up with completely foolish looks, but those can be fun. Most of the time he just makes fun of the fact that I still use this site.

GirlPuck

Dedicated Hoarder

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 am
Magnificent Moonbeam
Halfling Heroine

Well he's having fun browsing the Gaia International forum right now, so we'll see how it goes. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:30 am
Halfling Heroine
Magnificent Moonbeam
Halfling Heroine

Well he's having fun browsing the Gaia International forum right now, so we'll see how it goes. smile
Okay.  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:33 am
GirlPuck
Halfling Heroine
DC-Chan
Halfling Heroine

crying

My brother joined up for about two months a couple of years ago. He got into vending and made a ton, but then he turned into a troll and quit. And he didn't even give me any of his stuff. emotion_bigvein

He is pretty decent at avatar styles though. Every now and then I'll get him to look at mine and help out with a few items. Sometimes he just comes up with completely foolish looks, but those can be fun. Most of the time he just makes fun of the fact that I still use this site.

It's a shame that he didn't even give you any of his stuff. gonk My brother is the total opposite-he has no interest in items at all. His avatar looks very simple, as long as he's clothed my brother doesn't really care. He's just here to talk to people. Up until recently he used to hang out in the Literate Union on fanfiction.net, but since that forum died he's been looking for a new site. So I suggested Gaia.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games